Saturday, April 12, 2025

Currently...

 



Time: 7:30 am on a Saturday

Weather: a pleasant 53*, humidity is 77%, dewpoint is 47*. The windows will remain closed due to the pollen, although that seems to be easing off a bit.

Listening to...nothing really, all is quiet on the central Florida front.

Feeling:


--who stole my blogging mojo? I am just not interested in any of the blogging memes this week.

--so, the arthritis turned into something else...la dee da, blah blah blah, I sprained my left hand. Don't know how, don't really care, but it's painful. It has been wrapped for a few days, and I have to wear a soft cast. Getting old is not for sissies.

Grateful/Thankful... For a husband who did the grocery shopping and announced ordered yesterday afternoon after I got home that I am to just sit and do nothing this weekend. He said, "That is Dr. Dave ordering that." Ok then.



Adjusting... to my new schedule of 6-3. I actually teach two classes: 6:30 am-9:30 and then 11:30-2:30 (I let them out at 2 due to the fact they come early at 11 before the true time to start). That way I can get attendance and lesson planning ready for the next day. I say adjustment, because I have to leave the house by 5 am.

Much happier/Enjoying... this other position. The girls are what is called short sentence. They have less than a 3 yr. sentence and it's a privilege to be in that incentivize program. I have to say, in just a week, my total attitude has changed--and has been noticed by my husband. It's just a bit different mental tiredness.---its also great to have my own office. WONDERFUL is the word.

Loving...not having anything to do today, nowhere to be, don't have to talk to anyone (if I don't have) etc. 

NOT loving...having this hand issue. I have not been able to really fix my hair to my liking, bathe properly, etc. My hair has been flat all week. NOT LIKING IT.

P.S. I have flat straight hair. I have to artificially curl/have body.

Planning on...getting caught up on folks' blogs.

Making me laugh...




In all seriousness folks, I am good. On that note, I need more coffee to clear the brain fog. 

P.S. no one likes a Debbie Downer either, that I am afraid is what I am at this present moment.
Wishing you all a beautiful day!

11 comments:

  1. I love the last graphic and now that song is playing in my head including 'donut hole', Linda. Do you mind if I borrow it? Glad you are enjoying the new 'job'. Sorry to hear about the hand issue and I will pray it mends fully for you. Enjoy your weekend and listen to Dr. Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say Dr Dave has a good treatment plan! I'm sorry about the hand, but so happy about the job! Getting up that early is a pain, but it beats coming home at 7... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just think one day, when you retire you can sleep all day! NOT. We’re as busy now as ever. Up when the just before the sunrise and in bed by 9:30.
    Sorry about the wrist/hand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for Dr. Dave! I'm so glad your 'girls' are a better audience PLUS the bene of an honest-to-goodness audience!
    Fingers crossed your hand heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you a beautiful day, too. Getting lost in a donut hole -- that's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those memes are great, Linda! I certainly hope your hand gets to feeling better soon. Dave has the right idea, doesn't he? Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was thinking about you earlier and saying to myself that I haven't seen you here all week and I was getting concerned, so I am happy to see you here now, but not happy that you hurt your wrist! That's a bummer. But happy to hear about the new job situation. That sounds SO much better, even if you do have to get up before the crack of dawn! At least you don't have to fight as much traffic during those times of travel I would hope. And you get home earlier and can enjoy the evening with hubby! Sounds wonderful to me! And your own office? Woo Hoo!! Someone is looking out for you!! Glad you can rest this weekend. It sure is nice today. Praying you feel better soon and that things will look much better next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha! Those two dogs memes made me laugh, especially the donut hole one to the song from the 70s! Dr. Dave's advice is very good! He is such a good hubby to you, taking care of you in everything. One thing about the times, though.. I think you remember I am nooooooot a morning person. Ha! My eye-opening does not begin until somewhere between 8am-10am. But, then again, I'm considered retired and have no one to answer to, so there's that. Good luck on everything in the "new" job! Sending you hugs and blessings, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy for you that the new position is working out so well, Linda!! Sounds perfect for you (except for the early start - ugh). Sorry you sprained your wrist. Follow Dr. Dave's advice and chill tomorrow!! Sending a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda, I am sorry about your hand. I am sure you are a great teacher, but I am sure it is mentally draining. Gets lots of rest and Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well I sure hate to hear about your hand. I hope that will heal up quickly! Yes, you listen to Dr. Dave and follow his orders as much as possible! But, I am glad to hear you are enjoying this other position. It sounds so much better!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)