Saturday, September 2, 2023

September 2nd Chat...

 Hey y'all! All is well here in central Florida we only had minimal issues/effects from the hurricane; lots of rain and storms, tree branches down...nothing like what the coast suffered. We still are getting lots of rain and afternoon storms. Yesterday was a doozy of a storm. I left work and the sky was black towards Gainesville (my work is only like 20 miles from Gainesville). By the time I got home, the skies had opened up and it rained until like 6.

Time: 7:15 am

Scene: Partly Cloudy 75*, humidity 97%, Dewpoint 74*. Balmy.

Drinking: Fixin' to get a Second cup of Community Breakfast Blend with Sweet Italian Cream.

Pondering/Thinking: 

--Left work at noon yesterday. Since we were closed down for the hurricane, we didn't receive any inmates. Next week promises to be a tough one with nearly 100 intakes. Another short week due to Labor Day. So that means gaining / coding those new inmates will have to be done in 4 days. Yikes.

--We were going to head to Daytona, changed our minds. We do, however, have to get two new tires and that is scheduled for tomorrow/Sunday. Another expense that I hate to have.

--Although it's still a billion degrees, I think I will clean up the house and get the fall stuff out. Maybe if I think it, it will happen, ROLLING LAUGHTER :).

--The carport is here, but still laying on the ground (pieces). It has been really too hot, and the weather has been somewhat uncooperative.

--Stopped at Publix yesterday and got some items for Saturday. Actually, I had planned on only getting subs for dinner for Friday, but I decided to get chicken, macaroni cheese and such for today. Glad I did, because what I saw regarding my tires, yeah...Hubby temp. fixed it, hence getting new tires tomorrow. Not sure how I picked up a screw, but I did. One cannot buy just one tire in Florida. Yep. So, two new tires and a rotation.

--Let's see...not much else. (aren't y'all glad of that? LOL)


Hope you have a beautiful day folks. Hopefully I can get caught up on your blogs, emails, etc.

14 comments:

  1. What you picked up at Publix sounds good for today, Linda! I hope the installation of the new tires goes smoothly. Have a relaxing weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always something, isn't it? We had to replace a tire so Paul just ordered it from Walmart, and the UPS guy rolled it up our driveway a few days later. The garage in town mounted it, and voila, a new tire. But wouldn't you know, we needed the other rear one replaced a few weeks later anyway...turns out I had a a whole expensive deal that had to be fixed so we would stop having to replace tires, but now it's taken care of, and that's why we'll never be rich ha. I'm glad you weathered the storm. Your job sounds extremely challenging, wowza. One day at a time, by the grace of God. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it through the hurricane ok! Yikes on the crazy week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always something, isn't it, Linda? Have a fantastic Labor Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As a motorcyclist, I see a LOT of debris in or near roads. It's amazing how much there is. The State, or is it local Sheriff's, anyway, whomever need to get the prisoners out there picking that mess up. We had a year of buying new tires for all our vehicles due to normal wear or road debris. It about broke us. I'll never forget that. We've been fortunate lately and the tires are holding. *knock on wood-my head*
    We have sandwiches for supper now and again. As long as we use the Sola bread (keto) it doesn't add weight.
    I hope your week is easy inspite of what's in the future. I'm still picking up limbs and probably will be for some time, but, that's OK. I am retired after all ... *giggle*
    Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope your weekend is great too. It sounds like a really busy upcoming week for you. It seems like good weather is on the way for Florida though, but not cooler weather. It was 59 here last night and the days are in the 70s with cool breezes. Not sure it will last though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about the screw in your tire. That's never welcome news.

    Processing 100 new inmates -- that's a lot of criminals!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate when that happens! When we lived in a new-build suburb of Phoenix, I was picking up a nail (or more) every week. Oughta be a law!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope work won't be too awful after the holiday, but that sure sounds like a LOT of intakes. Yikes! And the tires...ughhh! We need a whole new set. It's just one of those NOT fun expenses. So, I feel ya there! But I hope ya'll have a great Labor Day weekend and you can get some rest and do something you want to do.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Publix fried chicken!! Yum! New tires are a necessary evil, for sure. I'm not ready for pumpkins and fall leaves yet. Maybe in a couple of weeks. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel the same about buying tires. Of course, when it means safety, that’s one thing, but usually all I think. If all the other things we could have purchased! We are hearing we may get a Publix! I hope so. Krogers really needs some stiff competition! Have a lovely rest of your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm glad to hear you had no damage from the hurricane.
    I'm in Columbia county and we escaped
    the horrible damage that surrounding counties received.
    I live in the country and we had some large trees come down.
    Three gardens were destroyed and we lost power for almost four days.
    In the vicious heat it was awful.
    Columbia county had 97 percent
    power outage.
    We are fortunate because we
    have a generator and had prepared
    for the storm. So we had fans and ice.
    Some neighbors did not have generators
    and had no power to run their well pumps. So no water.
    My husband was busy delivering gallons of water to several of them.
    They all have chickens,cats,dogs
    and needed it.
    Since the hurricane my truck started having alternator problems.
    My air conditioner keeps freezing up
    even though it was serviced last week.
    My dryer died mid load and we have
    ants coming in the kitchen outlet and the Florida love bugs are covering everything.
    In spite of all of it I'm beyond thankful to
    God I still have a home. No one here was killedl
    I'm also thankful for the amazing men and women who left their homes and
    Came here from across the south to
    get our power restored.
    From a ninety seven percent power outage back to normal is four days is a
    miracle.
    Thank you to all the linemen who suffered in the horrible heat,rain not to mention Florida mosquitos to help us.
    May God bless you for your selflessness.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sounds like you have a busy week ahead. Car expenses of any kind are never fun. I am glad you hear that you didn't get much damage in the storm. I hope you enjoy the long Labor Day Weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Linda, I am sorry to hear about your tire woes. But with all the driving you are doing, it is inevitable I guess. Glad you are able to get it taken care of. I hope you can relax and rest on Labor Day and just enjoy the day off w/o thinking about all the work you'll have to do to get caught up next week. It will all fall into place, so just relax. Rome wasn't built in a day. So thankful the storm did not do much damage to our neck of the woods (yours and mine). We have much to be thankful for. But yes, we pray for those less fortunate on the coast. It will be a long time before they get back to "normal". (if ever). Makes me very thankful we live inland. I hope you have a good week and no surprises or issues. Just take it one day at a time. God's got this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)