Saturday, September 23, 2023

Hodgepodge on a Saturday...

 Busy work week folks...by the time I get home, all I want to do is crawl into bed.

1. If your life had a theme song for this past year, what would it be? 

Three Chords by Goodbye June: 'Give them 3 chords and the Holy Ghost'...needing a good revival in general.



 2. Chocolate cake, chocolate milkshake, chocolate ice cream, chocolate truffle, chocolate mousse, chocolate candy bar or a fudgy chocolate brownie...of the chocolate treats listed, which one is your favorite? Which one have you tasted most recently? Or maybe you don't like chocolate???

I saw this on that that show Millionaire Dollar Listings...anyways...We went to one of our favorite restaurants last night; Piesanos and I had an Expresso Martini.

Vodka, Expresso, coffee liqueur, chocolate syrup.


Oh my goodness...the best thing I have had in a long time. 

3. What has surprised you recently? 

People in general. I better leave it at that, I don't get surprised ---but lately, I am dumbfounded between the political scene, and just people in general...how stupid folks really are.

4. September 19th is National Voter Registration Day in the US. Are you registered to vote in whatever state or country you happen to live in right now? If not, why not? Not counting a political race, what's something you've had to vote on recently?

Yes. But honestly...I'm not feeling anything to go out and vote. Why? Why would I? Does my vote really count? Just saying. 

Not counting a political race, what's something you've had to vote on recently?

Something at work/an issue. And the vote was overwhelming for this issue. And yes, I did vote that way/majority.

5. Do you like to hike? If so, when's the last time you went hiking and where'd ya go? If you're not a hiker are you a walker? Is walking (for exercise, etc.) part of your daily/weekly routine? 

Not anymore...I do like to hike...but honestly, I kind of lost my mojo. Below is a a few years back. Not far from where lived in NY---Stony Brook. Who would have known that Liam/our son would pass away a year later.



6. Insert your own random thought here. 

The doors and windows got installed. I haven't taken a photo of the backdoor yet...this is off my husband's phone.


The installers did a really good job, well worth the extra money. We are off...need to get the oil changed in the SUV, run around and look for another porch light. grocery shopping etc. Have a beautiful day all and thank you for the kind comments/words from Tuesdays post.

11 comments:

  1. Fun Q-n-A, Linda! Your front door looks beautiful. Vodka's not my friend, but I might make an exception for this martini. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we do need a revival.
    I'm glad your vote at work was in the majority. Hop things are going better there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, Linda! If I were a drinking gal, that martini looked yum. I haven't been hiking in years, but I do love to walk. Your front door looks fabulous. Have a good day with the running of your errands and whatnot. I am hunkering in as we get rain (needed) and wind from TS Ophelia. Love the new blog look! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the new door!! That is beautiful!!!! Will you need to put a storm door over it? I'd hate to cover it up, it's so pretty, but we found with the rain storms, etc., that we really needed one to protect the door and keep it from having little leaks around it when it storms. Yours looks like it has been installed very professionally, and that makes a big difference. We didn't have that benefit. LOL. Re: voting...every vote is very important, especially in this next election. The only way we can make a difference is to vote. If we don't vote, then we give up our right to complain about the results. Just saying...Please vote! Too much is at stake in this next election...our nation can't stand 4 more years of this insanity. Oops, I'm getting political. Sorry, but still...our vote DOES matter. (((hugs))) regarding the hike/walk memories. I totally understand. I do find walking to be good therapy. We don't go far, but just get out and enjoy the fresh air, especially now that it is trying to cool down finally!!! This is our season to "shine". I hope you have a blessed weekend. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your front door looks fabulous!! Crazy how they can make such a difference, inside and out!! Have a good weekend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've got a very pretty front door! I like it a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad the doors got installed! They look really good. Have a great week, my friend.

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've had a chocolate martini...omggg Good!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your front door. I LOVE LOVE LOVE coffee martinis. haven't had one in a LONG time. I need to change that. :)
    I love these hodgepodge things. Where does one find the questions??

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda. I am a day late in visiting blogs. I love your new front door. Amen on #3. 100% agreement. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)