Good morning from Florida.
1. Did you ever have a commercial you really liked?
The Coca Cola commercials used to be nice, now its political. The Publix commercials around the holidays always make me cry.
2. How did you learn to ride a bicycle?
My dad and he let go and voila, I learned.
3. How did you celebrate your 21st birthday?
I was already married and I really don't remember. Lol
4. What fascinated you as a child?
The Old West; Cowboys and Indians.
5. What was one of your favorite playground games?
The Merry-go-round.
6. What things matter most to you in life?
Faith, family, friends.
7. If you had to go back in time and start a brand-new career, what would it be?
8. What do people get wrong about you?
That I am nice and sweet? I'm not. ((LOLOL))
9. Do you believe that people can change? Why or why not?
Only if you want too. Are there evil nasty people in this world? You betcha'. But change comes from within, period.
10. What is some of the best advice your mother ever gave you?
My mother said to start a career and never depend on a man. Well, yeah. I was a homemaker until I was in my 40's. I am a little late in this game called life/careers.
11. If you could see into the future, what would you want to find out?
I don't want too...
12. How has your life turned out differently than you imagined it would?
Yep. And that's all I am going to say about that. Honestly, I have learned through these past 56 years, that my life is controlled by God. Period.
13. What is the longest project you have ever worked on?
Me, myself and I. I am a work in progress, just saying.
14. What have been some of your favorite restaurants through the years?
Shrugging...I don't know. I prefer "mom and pop" type places. There was a little place up in Chatham, NY that made the best Onion Soup, unfort. we never made it back there. Then there is the Red Lion Inn at Stockbridge, MA. However, with that said, I am not a "hobnobber" with the rich and famous and had a rather unpleasant experience with the Kennedy clan at the Red Lion Inn. However, on that note, we had drinks with the late Sen. / actor Fred Thompson who was a super guy (on that same day). I also got to meet Jimmy Buffet by shear accident, and I will say he was a super guy too. Very nice and friendly and talked about his travels etc.
15. What is one of the best shows you've ever been to?
Oh so many...the late great Jimmy Buffet put on some the greatest shows...and then there is Sir Elton John, wow. Both showman's.



Enjoyed your responses, Linda! I hope you have a relaxing Sunday.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. We prefer mom and pop local restaurants too, but we don't go out much. Very sad about Jimmy Buffett. You are so right about God being in charge. We have to learn to "let go and let God..." Have a good Sunday. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteGetting to meet the rich and famous! KoolBeans!
ReplyDeletehugs
Donna
Good questions and answers... have a great day Linda
ReplyDeleteLoved the Publix commercials! (Budweiser, too -- before they decided to rewrite the script.) My mother's advice -- Get a government job, and they'll take care of you all your life. (LOLOLOL)
ReplyDeleteI think you deserve an award for the best response to 'longest project.'
Have a great new week!
Regarding #7: I was trained as a secretary but did not take it as seriously as I should have because I was engaged to be married. If I had it to do over, I'd appreciate more the advantages given to me and really give them my best. It was handy to be able to pick up a secretarial job from time to time as my family was growing up.
ReplyDeleteI think one of my favorite commercials would have to be the "Budweiser Clydesdale Puppy Love" one. I don't watch football but this one was played after. It's so cute.
ReplyDeleteYou are very kind hearted. You never give yourself credit for that. And quite smart too.
It's worrisome that Jimmy Buffett was in a certain unnamed religion (the one you & my MIL were rescued from). In spite of that, I hope he somehow learned the Gospel of Grace and was saved. His beliefs sure bespoke otherwise.
God's Holy Word gives us the future, doesn't it. I wouldn't want to be a part of some of that either, especially what's gonna happen to the unsaved.
Hope your week is great!
Love & Prayers xx
Old commercials were the best ones! I try not to watch any nowadays except for the ones during the Super Bowl.
ReplyDeleteI do wish I could have met both Jimmy Buffet and Fred Thompson, Linda. We are all life-long works in progress, aren't we?
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed Sunday and week ahead!
Wow, some great answers to some hard questions. You always amaze me...you have done some major "hobnobbing". LOL Yeah, the look into the future is best left to God. We wouldn't understand it from our viewpoint and it's best to let God prepare us His way in His time for whatever the future may hold. I say just stay in tune with God and He will never lead you astray or let you wander too far from His care. He's got us covered no matter what. So just live life to the best we can each day and trust God for the future. He's already there preparing the way.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy your day off, Linda!! I'm OPS and will be working. I enjoyed your answers!! xo
ReplyDeleteThe nosey part of me wants to hear more about this Kennedy run-in! 😂 I was sad to hear about Jimmy Buffett this weekend. His music was just so much fun. I would also like to join you in becoming a beach bum and listening to Jimmy’s music all day while I search for my lost shaker of salt. 😂
ReplyDeleteFun answers...Buffet will be missed!
ReplyDeletehugs
Donna
Linda, you have had some adventures, I am curious about those Kennedys! I love your job regret, Beach Bum, me too. I think you're awesome, going to college and landing a career in the middle years. I also think you're nicer and sweeter than you think. Yes, there is peace when we give the reigns to God.....love your blog.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, it was fun reading all of your answers :)
ReplyDeleteMy blog address has changed. Not sure if this comment will lead you straight back or if you have to do something different, but the domain changed from:
milliescozycottagelife.com to milliescozycottagelife.blogspot.com.