Monday, September 4, 2023

Labor Day Currently...

 


Currently linking back to Stacy, although I have altered this a bit, grin...

8:15 am and its presently 72* on a Monday Morning which happens to be Labor Day. My husband has left to go help a friend do some yard work. 

...Watching or did binge the 2 seasons of a tv show called LA's Finest. Was up late last night.

...Listening to the floor fan (is on). All is quiet.

...Feeling a bit tired and happy to not be going anywhere today. 

...Loving the peace and quiet, perhaps a bit too quiet.


...while at Publix (again) I bought some Pumpkin Donuts, which were really good.


I managed to find one glass pumpkin. My husband says the fall tote/box is in the cargo trailer and when I went to open the trailer, yeah........he will have to find it. That's all I got fall decorations so far.


Although, when I was out and about the other day, I did manage to find these two items at one of the thrift stores:


...thinking that I have to have my 6-month blood work done tomorrow morning before heading into work. NOT looking forward to that as one has to fight with the nurse who insists also of a urine sample. NOT. When asked why there is no answer. Perhaps if there was answer I would be more cooperative as they are only supposed to draw blood. I also hate shelling out money/ copay of $30. And another $30 next week for the dr. visit.

...thinking also


I need more coffee. LOLOLOL

...thinking also I might complain about seeing all this fall stuff out and about, but I kinda' like seeing it--even though its a billion zillion degrees here, LOL.

Grateful...for a day to just relax and get caught up on the internet etc. 

14 comments:

  1. Happy Labor Day, Linda! What a pretty glass pumpkin you found! Those pumpkin donuts look delicious. Enjoy your coffee and your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. Enjoy your extra day off! You found some fun fall/halloween decorations. Have a great day. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute decorations. Yeah, I know, the stores are early, but guess who's fault that is? The consumers who keep buying these things early. *giggle* I'm just as guilty.
    Speaking of blood ... yesterday I watched a video on YouTube titled Blood Business | New Cannablism. You've got to see it. It's not what you think. It's about Big Pharma and one of the many crimes they are committing against humanity. I had NO idea this was going on! Be sure to share it with friends. The more who know ... *wink*
    https://youtu.be/qHEpWlyaKy0?si=QeFAUpkUiBVE22KB
    Hope y'all have a good day.
    Love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm having a fairly quiet day here too, bringing a meal to someone from church, kids coming tonight. But it's nice to have it quiet for now. It's going to be warm here today too - 92 degrees!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me want to start decorating! My collection is pitifully small - but then again, so is our available space! I've not heard of LA's Finest, but will look for it; sounds like just the kind of stuff we like.
    Now, puleeeze get those pumpkins out of my sight ... LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a nice Labor day..... hot here in the North..Summer's last blast, perfect for a party.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seeing the beginnings of fall decorating has lifted my spirits anyway. Yep, it's still hot, but the pumpkins give the illusion of cool, crisp days. Imagination is the name of the game. lol Enjoy your day off, peace and quiet.....yes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We all seem to be running late with the fall decorations for one reason or another. Eh. Sometimes these things just don't seem as important as they used to. I just finished off the last couple of pumpkin mini donuts, though. lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not feeling fall decorations yet. Give me another week or so!! I'm glad you had a day off to relax a bit. Sending a hug!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Today was an interesting day here...We both woke up with some energy to do things that we don't ordinarily do, like moving furniture around in the living room, and more stuff...kids came over for spaghetti supper, which Rose did most of it. I hope you pass the "tests". I do the urine tests because of frequent UTI issues. Old ladies get those more often you understand. LOL. I love your early fall decor. I haven't started yet. Scott had a cold and didn't get our stuff out of the shed yet, so it will wait another week. It's okay...it's still too hot to do all that work. Praying you have a good rest of your week at work. Glad you rested today. xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like that glass pumpkin. No one can do tests on you unless y our doctor orders it so you will have to ask him why he wants a urinalysis. Quiet day here too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Linda, I like your Fall finds. Yeah I agree with you about doctors and labs and all their demands on us. I had a sinus infection, had to use the urgent care. They do not treat you with anti biotics anymore unless you want Augmentin. No thank you. Suffering through with all the remedies my mom used . The PA that saw me is tired of all the nonsense in health care too. I was grateful to have a someone who understood. I hope you have a good week and feel good. I have to get in the shed for our decorations too. I still have July 5th stuff around. Take care. Have a good week.



    ReplyDelete
  13. When lab work is ordered, the urinalysis is usually part of the order. Some doctors just want to be sure all is well with your kidneys and bladder. I'm happy to provide them with mine...Infections or worse are no fun. Finding things early is a Good thing. Your doctor seems to be a caring physician.
    The donuts look Good!!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)