Since The Cutest Blog on the Block has been down for days, I can't change the blog look, if anyone has blog design websites, please share. Until then, I will do a Sunday Steal.
P.S. Update 12:50 pm. YAY, The Cutest Blog is back up.
1. What is your favorite book?
I don't think I have met a book I truly didn't like. I like books, period. So, I am not going to choose.
2. Are you afraid of the dark?
No, although I was bought up to believe that nothing good comes out of being out past dark thirty.
3. Are you mean?
I suppose I am, in my head...although, I did let a coworker fry on Friday. She was sleeping at her desk, again (multiple warnings etc). The big boss came in and at first, he didn't see her, and I might had nodded over to her area. She was sleeping so soundly she didn't even hear him, and he wasn't speaking low either. He simply came in to tell us lunch was ready (it was our monthly staff luncheon-Taco Bar). SO, I suppose I was mean, and on purpose. We are all fed up with the behavior she has. It is not my job to wake her or warn her etc. For someone who is only 24, she sure has a lot to learn.
4. Is cheating ever, OK?
I think it depends on the situation. Are lying and cheating the same? Everyone (including my employer) knows I am brutally honest. SO, really, I have a hard time, personally doing both.
5. Can you keep white shoes white?
I don't know...I don't wear white shoes, LOL. In all seriousness, when I do, I like them dirty, it doesn't bother me.
6. Are you currently bored?
Nope
7. Would you change your name?
I did when I got married. I haven't been my maiden name since 1988. It sort of bothers me this new thing where brides don't take the husbands name. Oh, I get it, but still.
8. Do you like the subway?
It depends. NYC no way.
9. Who’s the last person you had a deep conversation with?
My husband.
10. Dumbest lie you’ve ever told?
I told this story; it was 46 years ago, and I was 10 yrs. old. I forged my dad's name on a history test that I failed and that got rewarded with a trip to the sheriff's office and the morgue. Which resulted in me being brutally honest for the rest of my life.
11. Do you sleep with your door open or closed?
Front door? Shut and locked, duh. Bedroom is always open. I can't stand it shut.
12. Favorite month?
All of them? I do like the 'Ber months. But since living down here now, we just don't get the cold or semi cold. lol
13. Dark, milk, or white chocolate?
Milk? I like dark, it doesn't like me LOL.
14. Tea or coffee?
Both. But I drink coffee in the morning.
15. Night or day?
Either / or.


It' beyond my understanding that someone would just sleep at work! Glad she was caught.
ReplyDeleteThe ber months are starting to show just a bit here!
#11 - Me too! I get kinda creeped out with closed doors (except exteriors, of course). Can't explain why. Always the bedroom door is open with my .45 and a glass of ice water on the night table. Anyone that want's to play silly buggers while I'm sleeping will have a rude awakening of their own ... *wink*
ReplyDeleteHope you have a good week.
Love ya. xx
Oh LInda, I must have a perverse sense of humor because I laughed out loud at your response to #3. I hope they either stay awake or find another job. Wishing you a good Sunday and a good work week.
ReplyDeleteI had one person tell me "after all its just a job job"... how things have changed. Have a good one.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. Yeah, with regard to your 24-year-old co-worker, I get it. We have young teachers at school with very little work ethic. They take time off whenever they want - even though school teachers get all summer off and every holiday and other days of through the year. One teacher across the hall, just took two -weeks off to go "on vacation." She is trying to pass it off as having Covid, but another teacher (who knows) told me that it was a planned vacation. I don't get it. Many younger people have no work ethic. I hope you have a good Sunday and that the coming week is a good one for you. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteI had a coworker who often dropped off -- both at her desk and in meetings. Our GM (my boss) would become infuriated, but I don't recall her ever doing anything about it. I've been out of the work arena since 2018, but last time I voiced an opinion about labor law, the tail seems to be wagging the dog.
ReplyDeleteAs the old saying goes: You make your bed, you lay in it. Sounds like your co-worker needs a rude awakening, Linda! Let her learn her lesson the hard way.
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Sleeping on the job in your place of "business" could be dangerous! Just saying! Everyone should always be alert and awake! Someone needs to tell her to get to bed on time or something... anyway...re: doors. of course outside doors are locked tight, but bedroom doors I do prefer to have closed at night. I like the feeling of privacy and coziness and another layer of protection fi there was an intruder...Plus we had three sons...and I liked my privacy! I enjoyed your answers. I hope you've had a peaceful weekend. Take care my friend.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your answers!! Scurrying through. Have a good week, Linda!! xo
ReplyDeleteCutest was down for quite some time. I forgot about the scary feeling of being outside at night especially if you are alone! Creepy.
ReplyDeleteAre you mean? That is a funny question! I did enjoy your answers, though:) Dark chocolate all the way here!! And I was raised on the exact same sentiment (about after dark foolishness)...and passed it on to my own when I could!
ReplyDeleteFun post!
ReplyDeleteYour co worker would be fired if she was found sleeping on the job at the preK agency I just retired from. That's ridiculous no matter what the age. Thankfully both my milennial and gen z daughters have a good work ethic. they'd be appalled if they fell asleep at their jobs! OMG. the boss should have fired her on the spot.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE my bedroom super dark so the door stays shut usually.
The only subway system i really like is the Boston T and the Metro in Paris. Both always feel so safe to me. and both are easy to navigate unlike some subway systems. (not that i've been to a whole lot!!)
You can change the picture in the cutest blog java script. I did on my blog.. its not their picture I am using just the script.
ReplyDeleteI have blog sites listed on my left hand sidebar under the heading "Blogging Tools"...right under the photo of the white cat with flowers on its chest...hope that helps!
ReplyDeleteHappy week!
hugs
Donna