Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Near 7 am Post...

 Near 7 am post. Yikes, the rain/wind bands have started/been going on since 3 am or so. Heavy winds and rain. Stepped out to take the wreath off the front door earlier. Yikes #2, the noise from the wind is something else. The tree is leaning ever so much on the power lines let's hope it doesn't fall as it will land on the back of the house.


Looks like we will be on the 'dirty' side of this storm. The tornado sirens just went off (tv and phones). The storm will hit as a Cat. 4. Anyways, that's all I have for now. Wishing you all well and keep all of us in prayer, especially those folks on/along the coast. It's really coming down now.


18 comments:

  1. Oh, Linda! I have lived through these storms! Praying for safety and that it passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for these updates Linda. Praying!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you all Linda!!!
    Hug
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was watching the Today Show (for the first time in probably 5 years!!) and saw that the gulf area is now a Cat 3 storm?? don't know where you're actually located but praying you all are safe and secure in your homes or that you've evacuated. Those waves they showed on tv were SCARY!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrifying! We're keeping a close eye on television coverage ... praying all the while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Checking in often to see how you are doing. Keep us posted.
    Linda in Keno, Oregon

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you checked in - I really appreciate it. I'd be leery about that power line on your tree. I hope no tornadoes touch down near you. I started watching the weather and all. I am so ignorant of hurricanes (and tornadoes) so it always concerns me when I hear one is approaching toward you all. I just couldn't do it. Thankfully you do not have to go into work. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Praying y'all have come through with no major damage. I've been thinking about you and the other people I know in Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Keeping you in prayer. I love the way your blog looks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We just returned from driving the "big circle" around our 'hood. Everything out towards the roads looked pretty good. There were only a few dead trees down. Some kind soul even took the time to cut them up. God bless 'em. At 5:30 pm we're still on the return spin of TS Idalia but it's not bad, only more wind than usual. Glad y'all did OK as well.
    Have a great rest of the week!
    Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sure did change course and strength in a hurry. Typical though. We never know until we know! xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praying you had a good day and that Idalia didn't do any serious damage in your neighborhood or home/family. We survived just fine here and are so very very thankful. I just wrote about it in my latest post. We dodged a big one and we are very thankful to God. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that Idalia has moved on up north, it's good she didn't linger because she wreaked havoc on the Gulf coast something terrible. All is good at my house.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)