Tuesday, August 1, 2023

Tuesday Meme...

 Good morning from a balmy central Florida where we are in the dog days of never ever ending, lol.

Welcome to  Toni Taddeo's Tuesday 4 where we ask just 4 questions each week to get you blogging and thinking and meeting other bloggers!

Rainy Days and Mondays was a song about being down but, not everyone is down on a Monday or a rainy day.

1. Do Mondays get you down or did they ever? How about a rainy day? What makes it better?

Mondays mean a new work week...and stressful situations. So, no, I don't like Mondays and more often than not, its grueling. What makes it better? 4 pm, quitting time, LOL. Soon, I will be back on 8-5 and back in my office-at least one can hope.

2. How do you like to spend rainy days?

I would like to say on the couch reading a book or watching a good movie or tv show.

3.Do you like to take a walk in the rain?

Yes, its soothing.

4.What is your weather like this summer so far? What would make it better or worse?  What is your ideal summer weather?

Florida is the capital of the never-ending summer. Unfortunately, Florida remains extremely humid until late November. But I do like the winter season where it is 70-80* and very little humidness. What would make it better? Not having so much humidness sitting on us like pea soup; thick and heavy. Since we are in the throngs of summer, its hurricane season and presently watching 3 storms out in the tropics. Every afternoon we get heavy rain and sometimes thunderstorms. Funny, one side of the road would be clear and the other pouring rain. 







18 comments:

  1. Even after 36 years living in Florida, I am still amazed at how it can rain on one side of the street and not the other. AND how you can see the rain clouds in the distance while the sun shines on you. Have a good day, Linda! Hugs and prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw.....i could NEVER live in Florida (not just for reasons of the weather either hahah). You guys down there have had some high humidity levels ! Up here in eastern New York we are finally down to the low 70s (my fave temps for summer/spring/fall are 62-80 hahah) and NO HIGH HUMIDITY!! FINALLY. And DRY! FINALLY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thinking of you and hope you have a good day, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I pray your work gets straightened out for your benefit and soon! And yes, I can't wait for "fall" to get here. Usually it starts getting better in October, and then it's wonderful until about mid-April, while everyone up north is suffering in the freezing temps and snow and ice and blizzards. I will take Florida's climate over that any day, except I wouldn't mind if summer was a bit shorter and cooler. I hope you have a safe trip this weekend. Praying for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are tough, living in that heat and humidity. Soon it will improve and you can laugh at me in the snow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think our weather patterns mirror each other. Still, it beats living the Blast Furnace, otherwise known as Phoenix.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know if I could survive the Florida humidity, Linda. If I want to visit that state, it needs to be in the winter.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've had the rain on one side but not the other a couple of times on our house! It'll be raining in the front but not the back. Freaky.
    One nice thing about humidity is it brings rain which I like. Makes our plants really happy too.
    Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think we are all trapped in the hot and wild weather with crazy storms. we have so much humidity. Not normal for us Colorado natives. Last night was a doozy of a storm. Loud and bright lightening filled the skies, I had a hard time falling asleep. I am not looking forward to winter, we had such a mild one and my new grandson will be born in Western NY at year's end. I am praying for some mild travel days. But if I am stuck there it's ok, I have no place to really be. I hope your work days get better, it seems like there is always something brewing at the job places. Take care and many Prayers and Hugs for you both.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like all your answers, this was an easy one for me. Sometime I chat on too long. I Like the rain but not with the storm skies filled with thunder & lightening and we often get the hail too...just grateful for a roof over our heads in this nutty world. Take care and I pray things get quieter at the job site.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yep, not only is it suppppper hot, we now have to watch for hurricanes. Bah! Oh well, life goes on and God is good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Im sorry to hear that your job is grueling. Thats a rough way to spend a week. I wouldn't like Monday either and in the past I did not look forward to them. I never had a job I really liked. Thanks for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember being in Florida one summer and being amazed at how it rained every day and 1/2 hour later it was like it never happened! Mondays used to get me down when I worked but not anymore! Cloudy gloomy days get to me though! I'm happiest when the sun is shining, even if it's in the winter! XO

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree, humidity is worst. Our climate has changed a lot. We used to have a thunderstorm at the end of a time of warm weather. But now we get heavy rain and thunder. Like you say...part of the area is almost flooded and another area stays dry. So when it rains my kids start to app to see who get the water.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoy all of the seasons. I love Florida, but I would miss the snow if I lived there. I might now when I retore though.
    I hope you get your office back! Loved your answers! Have a nice week.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I enjoyed your answers. You'd think living in Washington like I do, I'd enjoy the rain, but I don't

    ReplyDelete
  17. Surprising myself, after a little over 6 years since leaving the high-dry altitude of Colorado's Front Range, I have adjusted to the humidity. It makes my skin look younger and puts body in my hair. It is still a sticky thing at its worst and I can't say I like that.

    Since we are retired in my household, I'm okay with Mondays.

    ReplyDelete
  18. We lived in Central Florida for 2 years. I don't think I had one good hair day the entire time. Hopefully you'll see dryer days soon. Humidity is the worst.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)