Monday, July 31, 2023

Currently...

 I'm linking back to Stacy...it has been a long while since I did this meme.



Currently...

I am...playing on the computer on a Sunday afternoon. Our friends visited today. Enjoying the coolness of the ac.

Reading...actually I will carry it on the plane with me, since my husband and I are not sitting together. He made my flight arrangement a couple of days later, luckily, same plane, different seat (I didn't know if we could afford for me to go etc. and I was so afraid to ask for time off, although I have 130 hrs. of Annual Leave and 80 hours of sick and 2 days of bereavement time).


Watching,..nothing right now. Probably HGTV in a bit.

Listening to...the band Goodbye June. Very interesting story of the band.


Thinking...not really liking to have to go into work...we have been without ac for the last several weeks. And we keep being told we have AC, no, no we don't. It is miserable.

Celebrating...not much. Getting on an airplane? No? I hate flying. I haven't been on a plane since our son was a baby.

Enjoying...the cool ac. We walked our friends out and let me tell you, I think a car port will have to be ordered sooner than later. It's hotter than you know what. We don't have a garage, just a concrete pad.

Weather...hot? At 2 pm on Sunday afternoon its 114*. Storms might be rolling in later. It has been thundering and lightening, but nothing yet.

Have a great Monday all.

12 comments:

  1. I can't imagine those temps without air conditioning! I told my husband this past week that we need a carport too. Our cars are boiling during the day and it would also shade the door we use, which faces the morning sun for hours. I also haven't flown since my son was a baby, which was 29 years ago! I have no interest in getting on a plane these days. Which is a shame, because I would like to see some places. But oh well. Hope you have a safe flight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine the heat you are dealing with and no AC. They better get that fixed soon!
    Now I have to look up that band and their story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope they have the A/C fixed at work. Thinking of you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Safe travels to you later this week Linda. I hope all goes well in New York. 114 is hot like Phoenix. Crazy, hot weather we are having this summer. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is much too hot to be working, WoW, hope they get the a/c working soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your heat sounds unbearable, Linda. Stay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, rock's not my favorite genre -- but your comment prompted me to Google them. We, too, are garage-less; I never thought I'd miss that ... surprise !
    Lifting prayers for travel mercies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those metal carports are great. I had one put in near the house but paid to have it be 2 feet taller. I don't like close ceilings. Also have one out near the workshop. It's fun to watch it being erected. Those guys are FAST!
    I don't like flying ever since Bush ruined it for everyone. It used to be enjoyable. Not now. Prayers for an easy trip.
    Love xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gosh, I don't think we have gone over 100* here, thank goodness!! Wishing you safe travels there and back, Linda. Prayers following you!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, your heat sounds absolutely miserable. and I am so sorry you have to be without AC at work! Yikes! This has been one terribly hot summer. I will not be sad to see cooler weather when summer ends!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm with you about the heat! Miserable here too!
    No A/C at work?? Grab someone in management and let them know Fixing it is much cheaper than an employee strike! lol
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is not good for anyone's health without a/c in that heat and humidity. We have to fly for Nick's birthday. Vegas. We go early. Those party people are who we like to avoid. I am just grateful for two days of rest and relaxation. I am not a fan and will not fly alone. Nope, never..... I would walk or take the Greyhound bus! Although I love travel by train. I am waiting for the sun to disappear so I can cut away at the bush in front of my windmill. we need to repaint the windmill but that bush, which attracts butterflies is going to pass it up ! I trim low and on the weekend Avery can get up there. We went to the mountains this weekend. What started out as a trip to get a cherry cheesecake turned into spending the day in Estes Park. I brought a cherry cheesecake home for my DIL Brittany who missed out on it last time we had it. It was a good weekend. Much love to you and Dave. Hope you are both staying cool when home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)