Saturday, July 1, 2023

Fair Warnings blah blah...

 


I apologize if anyone took my blog setting privacy personal etc. {if anyone clicked on my blog the last few days, I had set it to private and actually thought about deleting the whole thing}. My employer is watching and listening to all social media, and we were warned and threatened in a staff meeting. SO, if you're reading this, I will not be bullied. It seems someone is screen shotting social media posts and sending them in. Not sure if I was the directed source, but we all were warned. Sad, that we live in such a free world, and you want to get people fired. Ok, moving along...


It is darn right humid down here in Florida, mind numbingly so. It is miserable and one has to watch what she eats and drinks as the arthritis is flaring up. I have the next 4 days off, I actually had vacation time set and then the governor decided to give Monday off as a state holiday for us employees...oh wait, I suppose I ought not talk about my employer. I will say I will not be moving into that position after all, and I am pretty ticked off about it: backdoor politics, Hubby actually said I have worked myself into not getting promoted because of my good work ethic and the strong personality is going to keep me where I am for the foreseeable future...which is prob. true.


Ok enough blah blah...we are indeed heading to the beach. My apologies for not keeping in touch etc. I am exhausted and need some down time. 

14 comments:

  1. Oh Linda, you didn't offend me. I hope you have a relaxing weekend and are able to rest. Enjoy the beach time if you get there. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda. Enjoy some beach time! See you again soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear you've had to deal with such things. I've only had minor brushes with the employer/social media thing in the past, but we are always telling our daughter to THINK before she posts because once it's out there you can't take it back. Sadly, she usually posts and later deletes instead. I know your situation is different, but we live in a world where basically nothing is private anymore. Sigh. Enjoy your day at the beach. Pick up a shell for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy the beach. Surely, there is a way to weed out those work folks. I would probably just set up a new blog and transfer everything on this one to the other and then not say a word about having a blog! LoL Don't let them get to you, dear!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you're having a rough time Linda. Hope some time at the beach and away from work helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a wonderfully relaxing time away from all the nonsense! Stay safe! 💛

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a wonderful time at the beach, Linda! Say good-bye to all your cares.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry. There are politics everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry to hear that things are still so tough. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, that's a bummer about being passed over.
    And so sorry someone is obviously targeting you re the blog. Some people have NO LIFE or morals and love to tear down others. Pray for 'em. God is good with the taking care of His own.
    I am SO OVER Summer already. I want to move on to October, like, yesterday! *lol*
    Love & Prayers. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you can enjoy some R&R this weekend, and maybe something really good will happen next week. God has you covered, and He is taking care of you. So just relax and enjoy your time off and then don't be surprised if He doesn't surprise you! One day at a time. I know it's good to have good benefits, etc., but sometimes sanity is better than that. Just saying from experience. Praying for you. Enjoy the beach while you have some time to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoy your time off!! I'm a POS employee and will work all day on Monday so I can have the 4th off. Sorry about the promotion. Sucks. Sending love & hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Funny how some believe in the 1st Adm...until it's no longer convenient for them to do so! Your employer has the right to insist that we not play on our "business owned" computers while on the job...and I agree...but to fire you for saying something after hours; on your own time and computer is unlawful.
    If what you say is slanderous and malicious...then they could sue you...fire you... But if you can prove it's true?? Lol...you can get them!
    I'm a business owner in Texas...read up on the labor laws in Florida...
    Happy Independence Day!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm in agreement with what Donna said (above) As a recently retired special ed preK teacher i wasn't allowed to post ANYTHING about a student (which i would never do anyways) on Facebook or Instagram mainly due to confidentiality laws/educaton/IEPs, etc. It would be VERY unprofessional of me PLUS as a Christ follower, not a good example to be setting for the unsaved. Right?? however, if you have a blog, you should be able to vent about your job without revealing the exact names, etc and be ok per the First Amendment. But then again you live in a state where the gov is banning books from childrne and teens! How sad. To me, if a parent doesn't want her kid to read a book, simply don't let them!! but I digress. Again, the first amendment is there for some people in politics as a ways to get what they want. They forget that it's a basic right for ALL OF US! Good luck with your job! If i were you' i'd be looking for another one! sounds like work place harrassment.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)