Saturday, July 8, 2023

Friday's Fave on a Saturday...

 

Susanne's Blog


`Short work week...thanks to the July 4th holiday, it was a 3-day work week. Although, playing catchup is never easy. Unfort. back to the grind next week, speaking of next week and the coming month of August and perhaps Sept., I will not only be doing my job but another department in the morning? Why? Because of staff shortages. I might have mentioned the word burn out a few times. No one is listening.

`Afternoon rain showers...more like thunderboomers really. Although, it is not cooling off things at all.  We sure get some awesome thunderstorms, that is for sure.

`Relaxing in the evenings...with a good book. I finished


and have begun (isn't it good to lose oneself in a book? Not a care in the world, grin)


So, that is about it for here. I did hear of an impending visit / vacation of my husband's brother in August/ He plans to be here on August 4. Plans of any sort, I have no idea (actually my bil is a fly by the seats kind of person)...I have to work and cannot take time off right now because of staff shortages. I finally have a job description and fully understand now why I am not being moved etc. Unfort. the situation is due to incompetence of others, and it hurts me professionally in the long run due to that incompetence. So, they are keeping me there to alleviate that issue. This has caused issues here at home...For what it is worth, I know I am being scr*wed. 


If only it was as simple as above, right? Have a beautiful day folks. We are heading out to visit our friends.

11 comments:

  1. Both of the books you mentioned look/sound good. Adding them to my ever-growing list! I hope things settle down for you at work, Linda. It is a shame that others don't have your work ethic. Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are taking time to lose yourself in a book. Good medicine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your job Linda. Hard to resist decisions in government departments. I'm always getting lost in a book. Enjoy your visit with friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you have a job description now. Hope the situation gets better in the not too distant future. It is sweltering but we just need to get through three months to get to enjoy the following nine!! I'll take hot over snow and ice any day. Enjoy your weekend!! Love & hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there. I'm sure God has a plan. He always has a plan for His children. And remember, if He brings you to it, He will bring you through it. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you a stress-LESS wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's discouraging news about your work situation, Linda, but your positive attitude will see you through. I, too, love getting swept away in a good read.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sorry about the things at work. I wish there was a better solution for you, but hang on tight. God is in control, and He will take care of you. I pray for you to have the energy and strength to keep up with everything you have to do. Pace yourself and don't let this rob you of your joy and peace. We will be praying for you. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep, it's the Goobermint. They have fingers in their ears and every other orifice one can mention. *lol* No point in complainin'. I worked for the State of Florida back in the early '80s and that's one of a kazillion reasons I didn't retire with them.
    Y'all gotta quit stealin' our rain. *giggle* It hasn't rain here in weeks. We are super dry. I hope no one burns anything.
    Love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Linda. It may be time to send out a few resumes. The State of Florida must have a lot of departments and a lot of jobs available. I am going to look for the Mary Kay Andrews book. I usually like books you recommend. I hope you have a good Sunday. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well...SOMEONE certainly better start listening! That's ! ridiculous! Oh Linda...big hug...
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)