TIME: 7:11 AM. I have been up for an hour.
SCENE: Sunny 86*, humidity 93%, dewpoint 76*. Under another heat advisory. 54% chance of rain today.
Drinking: Second cup of New England Breakfast Blend coffee with Italian Sweet Cream.
Doing today? Not much. Let's just call it a staycation. We stayed up until 2 am watching movies.
-The Lost City (Sanra Bullock, Channing Tatum)
-Ticket to Paradise (George Clooney and Julia Roberts)
-Top Gun Mavrick (saw it in the theatre but hubby wanted to watch it again)
The laundry is caught up, we have leftovers for dinner (I made a homemade pizza and chicken wings yesterday after we got home from friends), what little grocery shopping we had is done etc..
Pondering: Yes, to many comments here about looking for another job...unfortunately, neither of us are willing to pick up and move from Ocala. If I was younger, I would apply at Buc-ees that will open in 2025 and starting pay is $17-20, $2 more than I am making now...but alias, I am not that young anymore and couldn't keep up that pace, lol. These/those jobs are for the young, just saying. ALSO, If I could find a decent paying job near the coast and a decent price house, we would move...but alias, we cannot afford that market right now-so we stay put. Realizing one is not getting any younger, is pretty scary. Not that I have regrets etc. about raising a family all those years, but I will say God has been good to us since we moved back here. The rising cost of everything is a little deflating at times...and realizing I have to work to make ends meet, it is what it is. I don't have that luxury just yet to retire. We have no regrets about moving from up north to back home, none.
Can I get an Amen? No matter how rough things get, I know the good Lord will always be there. I know of folks who don't know that. How sad is that.



Well then...I just hope you enjoy your Sunday and have lots of laughs...
ReplyDeletebig hug
Donna
LOL. I about spat out my coffee, Donna. I can only imagine you sitting here saying that. smiles
DeleteLove the blog look, Linda! So pretty and peaceful looking! Yes and Amen to the Lord being there. He will get us through whatever is in front of us and also behind us. Enjoy your Sunday!
ReplyDeleteFirst - you better get a nap today - that's only 4 hours of sleep! :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you are having a relaxing weekend.
God saw me through some stressful years, and working far too many hours at my last job, and then He provided a new one. Praying for you as you go through this. And praying for something new for you too!
Have a good week Linda. Glad you took a little "staycation" yesterday. I am glad that you don't have any regrets about moving from New York. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteLinda, have a wonderful, relaxing Sunday. One thing, about changing jobs, maybe you could get something closer and cut that commute? I don't know, but I think you are amazing to enter the work force later in life and do so well. :)
ReplyDeleteAmen! Thanks for fleshing out what I was wondering ... but afraid to ask. (Didn't want to be a nosy Nancy.) So glad you've no regrets!
ReplyDeleteI found a whole bunch of flicks on Youtube without a whole lot of ads.. oldie moldies - the Classics, including Alfred Hitchcock. I am to the point that I care not for the new films for the most part.
ReplyDeleteYou can get an amen. If we allow Him He will guide us.
ReplyDeleteSend rain this way?! *giggle* We are sooooo dry.
Love ya. xx
The day is nearly done so I hope yours has been relaxing, Linda. I'm still getting job openings sent to me from putting my resume on Indeed.com. There seem to be lots of jobs out there. You might try Indeed, if you haven't already looked into it. That is how I found my FWC job. Sending a hug!!
ReplyDeleteGetting caught up here! So glad you got to take that beach trip last week! I haven't seen the beach in years. I definitely need some beach therapy! LOL! I'm so sorry about the job stuff. Isn't it always like that? The ones who work the hardest and are great at what they do are depended upon TOO much. I can see why you are feeling burned out. You take as many beach days as you need to get through this! :) Hope your week is a good one.
ReplyDeleteYes the cost of living is definitely keeping us where we are too! What can you do? Enjoy every beautiful day. XO
ReplyDeleteOoh, those are great movies to watch Linda. Oh it's been so hot hasn't it? Yes girl, the cost of everything is CRAZY!!! I hope that your July is going well for you. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDelete