Folks, it has been a rough few days...let me get right into it. I am going to label this Suicide Awareness...
My cousin, my mother's sister's (she has breast cancer) son committed suicide this past week. He decided to end his life amongst a nasty divorce and court battle that was costing him over $300,000. His youngest son found him. My Aunt and Uncle are devastated. My Aunt has actually entered into a grief facility. They had a daughter who died in infancy, and this, this... just put my aunt over. My cousin was a few years younger than me...I am left dumbfounded that he did not reach out to anyone, he had become estranged with his parents/family over this divorce etc. Just shellshocked-NO ONE KNEW how much pain he was in etc...anyways...I can't implore folks enough that there is help out there, period. Please keep family in prayer, they had him cremated, no ceremony etc. They are just so grief stricken, my mom is just overwhelmed as well, this is her baby sister, both are fighting breast cancer together...onto more sad news...
My husband's brother who was coming to visit...we got a phone call last night--wish we never got it...he had a massive heart attack; he was riding his bike and suddenly collapsed. The person who was riding him said he just simply collapsed-they life lifted him to a hospital in Rochester. Right now, they are keeping him alive on a ventilator and will try to ease him out of it tomorrow-they are very concerned about the brain activity...if not, my husband has given his fiancée permission to end life...my husband is his emergency contact etc. No, my husband has not headed up yet, he is waiting...he just feels that Tammy has enough to deal with right now. His wishes etc. were written down etc. My husband is in constant contact with the hospital and Tammy etc. Please keep family in prayer.
On a less sad note, my laptop died a few weeks ago and that is why I haven't been posting much. I finally broke down and got a brand new one today. Actually, my husband wanted his back, wink.
With all that is going on here, I am holding steadfast to prayer and faith. I think honestly, things are a bit shocking right now. I am just dumbfounded by my cousin and brother-in-law. I don't want my grief to extend to others...but if I could just change one life from suicide...so harsh...and so many questions.



I'm so very sorry. Praying for you and your husband and all of your families.
ReplyDeleteOh Linda, I am SO very sorry to hear of these very sad and concerning events in your family's lives...first, the cousin, my heart breaks for his family. (all of you). Suicide is one of those tragedies that leaves everyone asking why, and wondering what they could have done to stop it from happening. Sadly, it seems as though there is nothing anyone could do once he made up his mind to end his life. Heartbreaking for everyone. Praying for his parents especially. And then Dave's brother, oh my, I am SO sorry to hear this news too. Is he the brother that lived near you all in NY? Praying for him to pull through this. I know Dave is very sad and anxious over this. Dear Linda, please know we will be praying for your whole family in all of these situations. (((hugs))) and prayers and much love to you both. We are here for you if you need a place to just come and talk. Love you both. Stay in touch and let us know what is going on when you can.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear about your cousin. It's hard to get over a suicide. My mom committed suicide - I had just been with her and I had no idea then, but as I go over it now, in my head I see the signs. Her father committed suicide and her fathers father did as well. I also had a good friend as well.
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry to hear of your husbands brother - how sad. I'm praying for a miracle and that he comes off of the ventilator without any issues. Just so sad.
Oh Linda, I am so sorry. That is a lot. I'm glad you have faith to hold onto. I'll be praying for all of you.
ReplyDeleteOh, Linda. You and your family will stay in my prayers. I am so very sad for all you are going through and can't imagine the heartache. Sending love and hugs for all.
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, Linda! Your family is sure being slammed with heartbreak right now. I am glad you know the Lord. He is surely the only thing that can get us through times like these. Lifting you all up in prayer and sending loads of love.
ReplyDeleteOh Linda, praying for you and your family through the sorrow and the pain.
ReplyDeleteWow, your family is going through some very difficult things right now. I am so sorry. Yes, absolutely, you and your family are in my prayers. Again, I would like to add your husband's brother to the prayer roll at church, so if you could message me his name, I can do that. I will also add your aunt's family - just message me the family name. God bless and keep you all and lift in this terrible time of grief. Sending you love.
ReplyDeleteOh, Linda. I am so very sorry about your cousin. Our family experienced this a few years ago when my aunt committed suicide. It just came out of nowhere and really knocked the wind out of all of us. We were left with so many questions...so much pain...it was like a horrible dream.
ReplyDeleteI am also so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law. How awful! I certainly hope that perhaps things have improved by now? Your family has really been through so much here recently. Please know I'm sending prayers and hugs your way.
Oh Linda, I am so sorry for all that your family is dealing with. Of course, y'all will be in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteGrace & Peace,
Pam
So very, very sorry for all this sad news that is hitting you all at once, Linda. Yes, I will keep you and all your family in prayer during this time of grief. May God be your comfort at this time, and give you His peace.
ReplyDeleteI am so very sorry to read such sad news Linda. Lifting your family up to our Lord. Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDeleteSo sad to hear all this Linda. Praying for you and your loved ones.
ReplyDeleteGoodness, so sorry for all the sadness. I don't know why bad things always seem to happen at one time!? That can be overwhelming. Anyway, prayers.
ReplyDeleteA couple of months ago I bought this new Dell Inspiron laptop with Windows 11. I like it. I've kept the old HP labtop with Windows 8.1 just in case this one fails.
Love & Prayers xx
so very sad. prayers going your way.
ReplyDeleteso sorry to hear all of this bad news. clinging to Jesus for you and your families.
ReplyDelete