What an over warm day-temps were near 100* along with the humidity. We were going to head into Flagler Beach, our favorite beach, but my husband's sister had other plans (they live in Palm Coast).
We began our island hopping by taking the Hammock Dunes toll.
So much beauty. I haven't been that far north on the East Coast of Florida in many many years.
Beautiful homes right on the water's edge. Where my husband told me to get another job if I wanted to afford that lifestyle. LOL
Then we made it over to St. Augustine and settled at Anastasia State Park and its free to enter if you're a Veteran, actually all state parks are. Just show your military id. grin
![]() |
| NOT MY PHOTO |
it was quite a hike over the dunes, but well worth it.
Beautiful pristine beaches and the best part is, once you cross those dunes, there is no cell service, none...whatsoever.
![]() |
| My merman, LOL. Which is the only photo I managed to snap the rest of the afternoon. |
I set up my chair on the water's edge and didn't have a care in the world. My husband, his sister and husband decided to set their chairs further up on the dunes, not me...no thanks. I came there to relax. That might have caused a stir with our party, but my husband told them to knock it off. grin
Sometimes one has to nourish its soul. Have a great day.







Looks like you had a wonderful day at the beach. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you made it to the beach this weekend. Such beautiful photos.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you got your beach fix, Linda! The water does have a way of helping you chill. xo
ReplyDeleteGood for y'all! Whenever I get to dreaming of another home, Tom's likely to ask, "Which bank am I planning to rob."
ReplyDeleteI sure hope the temperatures were cooler at the beach, Linda! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteGlad you made it to your happy place. Happy 4th!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you got to do this. A day of relaxation is so needed sometimes!
ReplyDeleteNice photos. The water looks so inviting. I'm glad y'all got out for awhile and had some fun. You deserve it.
ReplyDeleteLove xx
Sounds like a perfect day. Glad you made it over there and enjoyed some peace and quiet and salty air. Enjoy tomorrow too!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you were able to make it to the beach. Happy 4th
ReplyDeleteSo glad you got to relax and enjoy your day! Looks so beautiful and inviting!
ReplyDeleteGrace & Peace,
Pam
What beautiful pictures you shared, Linda! Glad you were able to get to the beach even with the change in plans. Enjoy your Fourth!
ReplyDeleteLove the photos!
ReplyDeleteSometimes we just need time and a beautiful place to center ourselves...what others think, doesn't matter.
Glad you found some peace!
Happy Independence Day!
hugs
Donna