Saturday, August 19, 2023

Saturday Chat...

 


Time: 7:30 am

Scene: A sunny 75*, humidity 96%, dewpoint 74*. 

Drinking: Second cup of Community Breakfast Blend with Italian Sweet Cream.

On my mind:

~Thursday bought me into a new whole job. The job I was originally promoted too and it about blew my little brain. Just saying ((grin)). I am now a coder; I code all the files that come into the prison from the courts. 

~Yesterday was much better, since we don't have intakes on Fridays, I pulled random files from the vault, sat at my desk, figured out how to code --there are certain things etc. Since I am a hand on visual learner, repetitiveness is the key. Eventually it will be alright. My new boss seems happy that I caught on--it's a learning experience. I am so grateful for a coworker and the boss who gave me cheat sheets etc. and sat with me. I know I can be a bit of a "pill" to deal with, their patience is forever gratuitous. It will eventually click; I don't think anyone really thought I would catch on in 2 days. I am more comfortable with the job, yesterday. Thursday, I wanted to go screaming through the halls. LOL

~On that note, my arthritic feet thank me. My Fitbit tells me my daily step count are cut in 1/2. I am ok with that.

~The pineapple upside down cake was very good, sorry forgot to take photos. There is only 2 pieces left. We are such piglets. (((grin)))

~Need to pick up the husbands' prescriptions, head to the grocery store, get gas in the car today.

Just a hmm....


Yep, pretty much. I hope y'all have a great day. Hopefully I can get caught up on blogs later. 

12 comments:

  1. How wonderful the job has improved! Praise God. That makes me happy too. Maybe with this position you can slide into retirement without anymore drama. That would be splendid.
    Is it cooler there? It's cooled off significatly in SE Gawga. Feels lovely now. I know it'll get blazing at least one more time (it always does) but I can smell the Pumpkin Spice around the corner ... *giggle*
    Sending Love & Prayers xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Linda, I am glad you have people who will take the time to show you the "ropes" of your new job and provide you with 'cheat sheets'. The more you do it the easier it will become for you. Enjoy your Saturday! Thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! I'm so happy to hear about that job! I know you'll soon know all the ins and outs and hope you are happy working with the people there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda. I really hope you like the new job much better. It's always good to see what is going on with you. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the new job responsibility. I hope it really works out well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear things are getting sorted out for you. Have a great one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, you! Thanks for the good news update, and giggles. Hope your weekend is wonderfully relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad to hear you’re getting the hang of the job! Sounds like a better fit all around! Hope y’all enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A promotion to a new job!! Excellent!! Happy weekend! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can soooo understand being okay with less steps for less pain in your feet. My feet hate me the days I have to work in document destruction and love me when I am in adult training. I'm glad you're getting the hang of things...you're a smart cookie so I'm sure you will do just fine.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful for you, dear friend. I know you will pick it up in no time!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats on the new job. I'm sure it will get easier as you get to grips with everything. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)