Good morning from Florida. Thank you all for the kind comments/words. I hope to get caught up on blogs and emails today. In the meantime, how about some memes?
1. Did any book besides the bible have an impact on your life or beliefs?
No, not really. I read for entertainment and sometimes to just learn some random things. My dad always said my brain has useless information in it, lol.
2. What books influenced you as a young person.?
Gosh way too many...Alice in Wonderland, Harry Potter etc.
3. Do you continue educating yourself by reading books or listening to podcasts or lectures?
Yep.
4. Have you ever sat in a coffee shop/restaurant/cafe reading a book?
No, I get easily distracted.
What is your preferred place to read?
My husband actually gets mad as I have books laying everywhere. I simply can lay a book down, and go to another and then come back etc. I don't have a preferred place to read.
2. July 18th is National Sour Candy Day. Who knew? Do you like sour candies or other foods with 'sour' flavors? Kimchi, rhubarb, gooseberries, tamarind, dill pickles, sour cherries, sauerkraut, cranberries, and grapefruit...of the sour foods listed which is your favorite?
I like all of them but if I were to choose just one, then dill pickles.
3. Share a favorite memory of an aunt or uncle.
I have so many aunts and uncles. Probably when we all went down to the Mississippi River (in Illinois) and camped out. Learned a lot about this and that.
4. How would you describe your ability to manage stress?
Sigh...I would like to say it depends on what is causing stress. Professionally speaking, I have no choice but to deal with it-and I might have said something the other day-which was acknowledged. We are so short staffed etc...and everyone's tempers are flaring. And as I reminded my coworkers it is ok to express yourselves, just remember to say I am sorry and not hold grudges etc...I am afraid though, the lady who was in my office many months ago (and was kicked out because they found out she really wasn't working) is super mad right now. I think I have to watch my back.
Personally, counting to whatever magic number and taking deep breathes. It is important to acknowledge I am no angel.
5. What do you think about when you let your mind wander?
Beach. I can think of that and instantly I am ok. If I could afford to live by the coast, not necessarily on the beach, but if I could only smell and hear it, I am fine. That is where my wanders too.
6. Insert your own random thought here.



Love the new blog look, Linda! I hope your Sunday is a peaceful one. Continuing to pray for you and your family.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you about the crazy things in this world like men breast-feeding. Completely nuts! Have a good week and safe travels.
ReplyDeleteI've been an avid reader since I was knee high to a grasshopper. *lol* I still always "carry" (has a whole other meanin' with this, don't it?! ha ha) even when visiting a doctor's office. Since I had little direction as a child, though, I chose all the wrong things to read, but some of the good ones, other than the Scriptures, was the Classics, Nancy Drew Mysteries, History, and other such subjects.
ReplyDeleteWhen y'all leavin' for the Great White North? Prayers for a safe journey. I hope everyone plays nice.
Love & Prayers Always xx
It's always good catching up here!! Glad you are having a lazy day!! xo
ReplyDeleteI love to read, and my favorite spot to read is laying on my bed. The beach and sound of waves is peaceful, but I think I like the woods even more.
ReplyDeleteI think a nap is in order for me today too!
Yes, indeedie ... watch your back. Your workplace makes me think you should be afforded hazmat pay.
ReplyDeleteSadly, the devil is roaming free these days, although I was really happy for the backlash country music fans showed in the light of the media put-down of Jason Aldean. Let's fight back, America!
ReplyDeleteHave a great week, Linda!
Sunday at my house: up buy 6:30 for breakfast Cheerios, a shortened Quiet Time with the Lord and then a quick bike ride followed by a shower, dressing for church and out the door. (the bike ride so early in the day because this is HOT Florida). Breakfast food at home for lunch (eggs, bacon, etc), dozing in my recliner in front of a TV movie, and then sitting on the lanai checking email and the blogs of my friends, including YOU!
ReplyDeleteYou've been through so much lately...I think staying in your pj's, sipping coffee, and just relaxing is probably what you need most...or a trip to the beach. (But it's been too stormy again for that!) You two are on my heart and mind a LOT these days. I've been praying. Glad to know you will be able to go up to NY for your brother in law's funeral. You will be in our thoughts and prayers. Please take care of yourselves and yes, take a nap whenever possible! (just not at work...lol). We love you guys.
ReplyDeleteLinda, I am so sorry for the loss of Dave's brother, so suddenly. Hugs to you both. I never know quite what to say, and fear to say the wrong thing, but when you pictured Liam greeting him, oh dear, can you laugh and cry at the same time, or what? I'm praying for you all as you navigate this, and hope your travels go well. Ironically, New York weather looks to be brutally hot and humid in the coming days...ugh. (Yesterday and today have been nice, sunny and low humidity). Take care, and congrats on doing so well at work! You're a gem, and your boss knows it.
ReplyDeleteMy afternoon naps take too long. I just conk out for hours.. Thanks for joining in!!!
ReplyDeleteFun meme...
ReplyDeletehugs
Donna
Hello Linda!! Enjoyed your memes! Sending ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteI know I was an avid reader as a young person but the only books I remember reading was the Little House on the Prairie series. I guess the others were not very memorable!
ReplyDeleteWell I will agree with you on trying to read a book in a coffee shop or etc. Mercy, I would get distracted too! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy
ReplyDelete