TIME: 8:20.
SCENE: 91* under another heat advisory, 84% humidity, dewpoint 75*. Yeah, it's a tad bit balmy out there.
DRINKING: 2ND cup of New England Breakfast Blend with Italian Sweet Cream.
Plans for the Day?
--Want to finish working on the 3rd. bedroom. The duvets came in for the twin beds.
--Want to get caught up on y'all's blogs.
--Ironing. Thankfully it's only a 3-day work week. But that means a tough 3 days. Then, for the next 2 months or so until they can get a person trained (bahwaaa) I am stuck in another position/area in the mornings until 11 or so, then have to head back to my regular job.
Meals?
Eggs and sausage for breakfast (maybe, not sure actually as hubby is outside cleaning the SUV-he might come in and not want anything).
Not sure what we are doing for dinner. It's just us two...so who knows. We weren't invited to any family outing(s).
Pondering:
We see Huey Lewis, the inherited cat that was here before us, has set up his living on the outside furniture. He is quite friendly, and he has claimed us as his family. He is not allowed indoors, just saying. We are supposed to build a deck from the steps to the gazebo, but yeah, the cost of lumber is thru the roof (so to speak). Hubby also put up a temporary PVC railing for me, not that I use the backdoor. The cost of things is just unreal.
Yeah...actually I was thinking, maybe I will just stay in pj's today since we aren't doing anything. Have a great day all.




Happy Independence Day, my friend!
ReplyDeletesame to you Cathy!!!
DeleteIt's blazing here too. I'm so done with Summer but I keep thanking God for the blessing of a home, A/C, etc. Inflation is killin' all of us financially. That's part of the Bidenomics plan, though, as anyone with half a brain cell knows.
ReplyDeleteCute name for the kitty. I wouldn't allow a cat inside either. Steve is allergic and I don't want it jumpin' on the counters, etc. That's nasty. One of my Church friends has several feral cats she cares for. They stay outside. She put a dog kennel type structure outside under her wood deck for incliment weather if they need it. She's so tender hearted.
Even if I got invited to a "do" today I wouldn't go anyway. It's too hot. I don't enjoy this kind of weather.
I'm not well again today. This is becoming all too common. Steve ran an errand to the grocery store for us. He's such a good guy.
Hope y'all have a blessed, safe, and cool 4th. I'm staying inside.
Love To You Both. xx
Enjoy the day! :)
ReplyDeleteLove that shady gazebo! I'm guessing that's mosquito netting you can put down. They're so bad this summer, I loathe being outdoors.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda! Happy Independence Day to you and your hubby. No family gatherings for us either - just Charly and I. We will have brats for dinner. We are also having a working July 4th - moving into our house and getting stuff there straightened and organized. I hope the week treats you well. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteSome days, it's good to just rest, relax and do nothing, Linda. Enjoy your Fourth!
ReplyDeleteIs that your back yard? That's very nice! Nice and shady! I love it! Huey Louis sounds like a sweet kitty. Do you feed him? I guess you must. We have several neighborhood kitties who come and go and love to sleep on our back porch, but a neighbor lady feeds them. I just don't want them around our birds! Other than that, they can visit when they want. LOL. We weren't planning anything today, but then Scott came back down for the day so I called Benton and Rose and before you knew it we were having grilled chicken! LOL. Spontaneous works out the best sometimes. I don't have to fret over getting things ready. Will be praying for you at work. I hope something breaks for you soon and that all will work out for your very best.
ReplyDeleteRelax today and enjoy being home.
We had our holiday lunch of hot dogs, etc on the front porch (where there was shade) but came in shortly after due to the heat. The cat you inherited, Huey Lewis -- what a cute name. Haven't heard any music from them in ages.
ReplyDeletePJ days are pretty great, actually!! Ahhh... you have a cat!! That make my heart happy!! Good luck getting through the rest of the week, Linda. Hope it isn't as horrid as you are anticipating. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteA day in PJs sounds good to me, Linda! Hope you had a restful 4th!
ReplyDeleteHope you enjoyed the day in your PJ's...lol
ReplyDeletehugs
Donna