Hodgepodging on this balmy Saturday morning. Thank you for the snail mail and emails. How sweet to be thought of...and don't think I don't appreciate it. Because I do. It warms my heart. {{grin}}
I want to add, another great lost...my good friend Vee passed away...a lot of you might know her as A Haven for Vee. So sad...I shall miss her.
2. What word do you have a hard time pronouncing?
Hospital (and spelling it too)
What's your favorite word in another language?
C'est la vie.
3. What's a phrase or cliche you use pretty often and find to be true?
c’est ce que c’est -It is what it is.
4. When it comes to grocery shopping what is your most dreaded chore-menu planning, the actual shopping and paying, or the unloading/putting away?
Paying. Right?
How often do you shop?
Once a week.
Do you use any of the pick-up and/or delivery services?
I use delivery for my mil as she is in NY, but usually we just go to wherever to shop.
5. Something you need or want to do before July comes to a close?
Nothing...actually we are getting on a plane on Thursday morning to NY to bury my brother in-law and deal with things, financial issues etc. Both of us will be happy to get back home here to Florida. It has already turned into a 3-ring circus, sigh.
P.S. Folks, get your affairs in order BEFORE you pass away, just saying.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
We watched a really good movie last night.




Oh, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I went over to Vee's blog and read the last few entries; she sounded at peace.
ReplyDeleteAnd now, y'all have to deal with the ugliness that often accompanies death. Just a hunch, but I'm betting on you and Dave -- dream team. Be safe!
Good answers Linda! I keep hoping things will straighten out in your job. Hope they listen to you.
ReplyDeleteIt is what it is - I say that too.
Praying for you this week.
Gosh, Joe and I watched that movie years ago. I think we still lived in the other house. Hadn't thought of it in a long time, but yes, an excellent movie and message! Wishing you and Dave safe travels to NY and I hope things get settled quickly. You are so right to get your wishes and legal affairs in order before you die. It is the best gift you can give to your loved ones. Praying for you both!! xo
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness about Vee. I am so saddened to learn this. I followed her blog and have read every post. She was the first to comment and encourage me when I started blogging. I shall comfort myself knowing she is reunited with her beloved John.
ReplyDeleteI certainly hope you have a safe trip without any travel delays, Linda. What a mess it's been at so many airports! Not surprising when you see whose in charge of transportation in this country. Speaking of karma, I see it working in our government right now - at long last!
ReplyDeleteBlessings!
Vee passed away? How did you find out? I had no idea. I really liked her. Is there something on her blog? I must go check. I am sad to hear that. I have been praying for you two and will especially this week as you travel up and back to NY for a sad and difficult time. May God be with you and give you peace and wisdom and strength for all you must take care of. Thinking of you at your job as well...so much going on. Just know we love you and God loves you most of all, and He will carry you through. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteVee died!??? WHAT!!?? I thought she wasn't that old? Well, dang. That's a bummer.
ReplyDeleteThe word I have trouble with is cinn-a-mum, cinn-a-omon, .... Oh, you know, that spice we all love to smell every Fall. lolol Can't spell it either. My first doggie was named "that". I changed it to Bambi. I know. I was a kid and I had just seen that movie. I have zero imagination.
Y'all be safe traveling. I pray everyone will play nice. Life is too short for such nonsense. Wish I could help somehow. I pray it all goes well.
Love Y'all Lots. xx
Haven't heard of that movie. Hope to see it sometime. I'll be praying your trip to NY goes smoothly. These things are hard. I'm sorry you're having to go through all of this. Love you.
ReplyDeleteOur Merry go Round was destroyed in hurricane Sandy and its now in the process of being finished after repairs. Its been quite a few years but, wow am I excited. I am sorry to hear about your friend. Always terrible to hear of a loss. I pray you have a safe trip and can get through it all with no trouble. Hugs
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. Safe travels to your brother-in-law's funeral. I hope that you can get everything taken care of quickly. Very sorry to hear of Vee's passing. I had read her blog for years.
ReplyDeleteI hope all goes well this week.. as well at least as can be expected.
ReplyDeleteOh Linda, I am sorry to read of Vee's passing. Praying for safe travels north along with peace as you deal with his affairs. Thinking of you.
ReplyDelete