So, here we are in March, 3 months into the new year. Time for a check in on my 2025 Word(s).
Self-Care--well if yesterday was any indication, I did nothing...I did shower and put on clean pj's, that should be noted as self-care. Well, I did make Goulash for lunch, and we had it for dinner too. Check mark for the mental side of self-care.
I also spoke to my mother; she has been sick for a couple of weeks with whatever is going around. She still sounds sick. Nonetheless, we had a pleasant talk. Nothing earth shattering or whatever. Mainly about my one brother and his kids. I am ok with the relationship with her, it's not easy, but both of us are trying. Can't say so much about the brothers or nephews who are now 13, 11 and 3 whom I have never met. Been home for 3 yrs now...and its ok. Truly. My husband, not so much...he is having difficulty with this. Check mark for another mental, emotional and even spiritual care--I'll check it off as both self-care and self-love. Whatever the issue(s) are, its them not me. I can't fix it if I don't know what I did.
Physical, I did fight with the bed linens--changing the linens aren't easy, that should be an Olympic event, just saying.
I also did the taxes...ugh...at least we didn't have to pay this year. Last we owed $500, that might not seem a lot, but to us it was. Taxes and death are certain on this Earthly plain. My new job is at a higher rate, that means more taxes for the 2025 year and that will put me in a whole different tax bracket. I had extra money taken out of my pay just for this (talked to a tax person we have at work) and rearranged my retirement 'stuff'/accounts. Sorry, government, you take enough of my money you aren't getting anymore. I work hard, period.
These two are my last thoughts about Self-Love.
Indeed, if you don't love yourself, no one else will. It is often hard to love yourself, truly it is, so I can't really comment on Self-Love word and seriously, I am thinking of taking that word out...until next time.
57.jpg)


I'm really happy that you and your mother re working on your relationship. Little by little the rest will come. Once they see that you and your mother are getting along, perhaps things will change. We will keep praying to that end. Life is just too short to have all these relationship issues with our loved ones. I know I have to keep trying with some of our extended family members even though for some, we are poles apart on most every subject, but still we are family, and to me that is more important than other issues. One day at a time...I believe God will work it out for you. Oh, taxes, we were happy to see our refund is already in our account! Hooray! yeah, taxes are no fun. Our son Scott is struggling to keep from having to pay more in since he's single and has no dependents or any kind of deductions. I keep telling him he needs to get married and have some kids so he'll get more money back...but of course he doesn't seem to agree with that kind of logic. LOL. It's just me wanting more grandchildren. LOL. He'll be 48 next week...time's running out! LOL. But I've come to realize that some things are just better off the way they are and I shouldn't meddle.
ReplyDeleteHey, you and we are about to have a major thunderstorm. I hope you aren't having to drive in the middle of it! Take care my friend. Have a blessed week.
Imagine the money we could use or save if we didn't have to pay the gov't. Uggg. Imagine if they actually used it to benefit our country. Hmmm. I'm sorry about your family relationships. Sometimes family is the hardest to get along with. So many personalities mixed together and expected to get along. I hope you have a good week!
ReplyDeleteWhat a thought provoking post, Linda! I am glad you and your mom are making an effort. Praying the other relationships will follow. It sounded like you had a good day yesterday. Thanks for the chuckle about the bed sheets. I hope your Monday goes smoothly. Thinking of you!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you're doing better with your Mom. Too bad about the brother but the well was poisoned by the parents apparently. So many of us have had crappy parents. So far, there's only one in our family we all had to banish: Steve's brother. He's the well that was poisoned by Steve's parents. He is a full blown narcissist, full of hate for us and God, and not healthy to be around. He was the perpetual problem in the family. Always causing drama and discord. Even God doesn't expect us to hang with those who are full of hate with bitter lips. HE said quite clearly, rend your garment, walk away, and pray for them. Done that after 40+ years and we're all doing better for it.
ReplyDeleteSo far, we haven't had to pay any taxes because we're considered "poverty level". Funny, I don't feel poor. I feel blessed. Perhaps under President Trump it will get better if they'll stop taxing our Social Security. We can thank President Clinton, the Democrat Party and the AARP for taxing us seniors. Praying that will change.
I pray your day is blessed my friend. Keep looking up. May Jesus remove us all soon.
Love. 🍀
Glad you took a day to mostly rest. You need that with the stress of your job. Hooray for not having to pay taxes!
ReplyDeleteFamily issues can be hard, especially if they won't tell you what the issue is...
Regarding estrangement from others, you are exactly right in saying you can't fix the problem if you don't know what the problem is. And even if you did know, you still might not be able to fix it if others don't want it.
ReplyDeleteI have wondered at times if perhaps we should just leave the estrangement/rejection problems alone for our own protection. God knows.
I speak from personal experience. Hang in there.
I think Ralph Waldo Emerson says it best....."Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." It is so important to take care of ourselves with self love." God sees the need in your family relationships and he hears each of our prayers. Just keep praying for hearts to be changed and love to grow. Glad you have your taxes done and have the blessing of not having to pay in more taxes. Hope your week is full of sunshine and that you can get to the beach this coming up weekend...This is always a great way to continue self care.
ReplyDeleteThe instigators of the drama in my birth family, sadly have now passed. I never realized how much they enjoyed stirring the pot. Life is peaceful. It’s a shame it ended up like that.
ReplyDeleteWhen it comes to Love I look at God’s definition of love in 1 Corinthians 13:4–7:
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
May your week be apply God’s love in loving yourself.
Have a lovely week! 😘
Hi Linda. It's great that you and your mom are working on your relationship. I am doing the same with my birth mom. Life and families can be difficult, but it's better when we try and do our best and then at least we know we have done our part. I am glad you got your taxes done. I am hoping that Charly finishes ours this week. Hope things are going well. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. I just commented, but I think it may have come across as anonymous. Sorry about that. It was me, Deb Jones in Utah. I hope you are having a good week. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteI'm going on 5 years estrangement with a granddaughter, so I needed to read your words. Can't fix if I don't know what's broken. Or how.
ReplyDeleteSelf-love's not something I practice regularly ... so you can be my inspiration. How's that?!
Sending a big hug, Linda. Family drama can sure mess with us if we let it. Wishing you a good week ahead. Crazy weather here but I'm not going to complain - yet! LOL
ReplyDelete