Can you believe March is almost over with? Nope, nor can I. So, I am stealing this from Jennifer. and Jenn.
Some things I have loved...Well, I can count the beach, right? Although it was very windy and later, we both were windburned. Nonetheless, it was a nice day. I am looking forward to the end of April, hubby said, and I repeat, "Shall we try again next month?" I about fell out of my chair. I will hold him to it. LOL
Some things I have learned...all in the span of this month: I am not a young spring chicken anymore. It just takes longer to get things done, from even carrying things down to the beach, getting up in the morning with aches and pains I never knew I had (stop laughing), it is just taking longer to recover from whatever. Not pin pointing one thing, just saying. Turning 58 has been really well, shocking really.
Some things that went well...hmm...I gotta think on this one.
--Well, no real issues heading to the beach. Except one minor thing, one has to pay now to park--all the previous FREE parking, one has to pay now. $20 from sunup to 11 pm. Yep. They are busy getting ready for the upcoming hurricane season and repairing from last season. I am not going to complain, because where we park, right next door to the Lifeguard headquarters, there is the Splash Pad and public restrooms/bathhouse. So, yeah, I/we will pay whatever. And its relativity safe.
--Our birthdays. Turning 59 (him) and 58 respectively...although I would like to forget that fact, lol. Our son would have been 28 tomorrow, March 31. Hard to believe it will be 4 yrs since he passed away. It just still seems so surreal. I 1/2 expect him to text me or come walking thru the door. Just keeping it real folks.
Something I need to let go of...just anger about things I cannot control.
Nope. Truth. I keep saying this, hoping it's sticking; I am not the person I was all those years ago growing up here in my hometown, and thank the good Lord, I am not. Only by the grace of God.
P.S. I really want to thank those who sent snail mail birthday cards. It truly did make my day when I came home from work and saw those.
Have a beautiful day all.


I think another trip to the beach is a good plan.
ReplyDeleteI know about those aches and pains. Bob just said we need a book to tell us what to expect when you're getting old because new things keep popping up!
Extra hugs to you tomorrow.
Happy Sunday, Linda! Sounds like a good plan to spend time at the beach at the end of April. The aches and pains are real, but we need to keep pushing on. Sending extras hugs and prayers for you tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteGoing to the beach again is definitely a MUST! Yeah, getting older...aches and pains...more time to recover. Sigh. I can't believe it's been 4 years. But then the time since Covid seems to have flown by at breakneck speed. Anyway, prayers for peace and comfort tomorrow.
ReplyDeletegoing to the beach is always good...glad you had a few days there...Hopefully April will give you more days there. I can clean out a flower bed and have new aches and pains..getting older brings us the gift of this...I guess!! Have a wonderful Sunday Linda.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. Yep, I am totally with you about all the aches and pains. Tender hugs to you tomorrow on Liam's birthday. You will be in my prayers. I know that you will see and be with Liam again one day in God's timing. I think that another visit to the beach in April is an excellent idea! I hope you have a restful and relaxing Sunday. See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteI don’t have an issue with getting older - it’s all the health issues. At 71, it’s always something. My body and my mind seem to be always at odds with each other. My body needs rest but my mind is telling me to move it or lose it. It’s a mad cycle.
ReplyDeleteI wish you could get to the beach weekly. It would do you so much good. It cures a lot of what ails you. Time is flying.. 4 years since my husband passed away too. I think about Liam so often. He made quite an impression on me. Sending you hugs.
ReplyDeleteJust wait until you turn 70 like me, Linda - LOL! Glad your husband plans to take you to the beach in April. He is a keeper!
ReplyDeleteI will not give the name but I am pretty sure I know which beach you were at since I have been there myself many times with the same landmarks/buildings, etc that you described. Sorry to see that the parking is no longer free. That was such a nice deal when it was free.
ReplyDeleteSorry tomorrow (March 31) is another tough memory. All things considered, you are handling your grief very well. But it's just THERE and we have no choice but to deal with it as positively as we can. Bless you.
Belated birthday wishes. Wow that 4 years really does seem to have gone by quickly although I expect not for you. Anniversarys/birthdays are always tricky days. I hope tomorrow isn't too difficult a day for you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great thought, going back to the beach. Having something to look forward to makes the ordinary days pass more effortlessly (I think). Aches, ohhhh ya. Just wait 'til your meter turns over to 75.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you at least got to put your toes in the water and sand and saw the ocean and heard the pounding surf. That's good enough for me! And maybe next month will be MUCH better! Sending you (((HUGS))) for tomorrow. Those birthdays are always tough, but when we think about where our loved ones are and with Whom they are celebrating, well, it just kind of makes me a tad bit envious. Someday we will all be there together with our dear ones and we will celebrate eternally! What a wonderful day that will be. Still, I will be thinking about you all tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI am late getting to Sunday's posts and apologize. Another beach trip is definitely needed! You lost your dear son a month after I lost Joe. Four years seems like four weeks sometimes. Big hugs. Keep Lakeland and Mayfaire on your list because I am really looking forward to your visit!! xo
ReplyDelete