Saturday, March 22, 2025

Saturday 9

 I have no earth-shattering news or photos to share, so I will just join in on the Saturday 9.


Saturday 9: Photograph (1973)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.


1) In this song, Ringo stumbles upon a photograph that reminds him of a lost love. Are there any photos displayed in the room you're in right now?

Of course, I sit at my little white rolltop desk and on top are photos of my son and husband.

2) While there are approximately 180 published songs credited to Lennon-McCartney, this is the only song written by Harrison-Starr. When you think of Ringo's old band, the Beatles, what's the first song that comes to mind?

Back in the U.S.S.R.
 
3) George and Ringo wrote this song while on a yacht in the South of France. They, and their wives, had just attended Mick Jagger's wedding to Bianca in Saint Tropez and decided to take a little holiday together. What are your vacation plans for 2025?


In 5 days, we will be at a little place on the beach for a couple of days.
 
4) At 5'8, Ringo was the shortest Beatle and the only one with blue eyes. How tall are you? 5'0 What's your eye color? dark brown almost black.

5) Ringo gave his first wife, Maureen, a one-of-a-kind birthday gift. Frank Sinatra recorded "The Lady Is a Tramp" with special lyrics, written just for her. Do you have anything that's personalized? (It could be a monogram on a scarf, it doesn't have to be as cool as a gift from Frank Sinatra yes, a casserole dish that is monogrammed in my name, thanks to my mother.

6) Ringo appeared as Mr. Conductor on Thomas the Tank Engine. He recorded the narration for the entire first season in just a week. Tell us what you did last week.

Umm...work and deal with threats against my life, on a daily basis.

7) As a boy in Liverpool, Ringo loved watching American westerns. Do you like cowboy movies/shows?

Yes. I actually like those "spaghetti westerns".
 
8) In 1973, when this song was a hit, former President Lyndon Johnson died. Who was President when you were a kid? Nixon, Ford, Carter when I was a little kid and into my teens it was Bush.
 
9) Random question: When you woke up this morning, did you know the day and date (before looking at your phone)?


Of course, because tomorrow is my birthday--as someone has been reminding me for days now. My husband turned 59 the other day, mine is tomorrow and our son would have been 28 on the 31st.


We are off to go get potting soil.

11 comments:

  1. Nixon is the first president I really remember. I remember Ford well, he's from my city of Grand Rapids and his museum and burial spot are here.
    Happy Birthday tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday to your husband....Happy Birthday tomorrow to YOU and sending love to you for your son's birthday on the 31st. Hoping you enjoy those wonderful days on the beach....I know you all are HAPPY when all the Spring Breaks are over...lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Linda!! A little early and birthday wishes a little late for Dave!! My Joey has a birthday on April 5, so he got his bd card early, while he was here. His bday is tough because his mom died on April 5 (1983). We talked about her, too. Enjoy your beach get-away!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a happy and blessed birthday, Linda!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday to you and your husband.
    Not many can say, that that their lives are threatened on a daily basis. Just the nature of your job. Gods protection over you and all your co-workers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed reading your responses, Linda. I hope you have a blessed birthday tomorrow. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, see, now I am all jealous and everything! Going to the beach! Hmph! LoL... Happy Birthday, my friend! Enjoy your beach time!

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tomorrow is your birthday??? I knew it was coming, but didn't know the exact dates...so Happy Belated Birthday to Dave, and Happy tomorrow Birthday to YOU!!! Your cards are in the mail! I know you will be celebrating next weekend for sure, but I hope you do something special tomorrow too. Oh, "we are off to go get potting soil". Whatcha' planting? Do show and tell! Flowers or vegies? Can't wait to see! Happy Happy Birthday to you! (((HUGS))) for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wasn't a fan of The Beatles but Ringo always seemed like the was the normal one, sort of, in the group. I did like some of his tunes. They were cute.
    Happy Birthday to you both. I hope your vacation gets here quickly and the weather is perfect.
    Love ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those spaghetti westerns were such a draw, weren't they? I miss Clint Eastwood!
    Happy (almost) birthday blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi LInda! Have a very Happy Birthday! I am so glad you are going to have a little beach getaway soon. You deserve it! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)