Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Tuesday Meme...

 Preposting this on Sunday afternoon. Joining in on the Tuesday Meme.




1. Are you artistic in any way and if so, how so? 

Knitting-Nope, Crochet-Nope, Drawing-Nope Painting-So so, I love to paint rooms. Writing lovely word art-So so. Home décor-Yes. I like to create warm living spaces and I know when I walk into an area if its right nor not. Lovely meals?  If you mean home cooked, yes. Not fancy. Although I own several cookbooks, I prob. could master fancy. 

2. Does any art hang on your walls - Yes. Actually, since we live in a mobile home, our walls are a bit different, but hubby found a clever way to hang things. Or grace your tables or shelves at home? Yes, on each of the side tables their things books candy dishes. How about your front door or windows. No, the living room and 2 of the bedrooms face the sun all day and the windows get hot. But we are looking into options-the shutters that had been up, fell apart during the hurricane a few weeks ago. What about your yard? Well, we do fly the American flag, USMC flag and I do have a garden Halloween / pumpkin flag. There is also a metal American flag in the yard.

3. Do you have a favorite artist or artists and do you have a favorite piece of art?

I have 2 watercolors that I picked up at an estate sale when we lived in Alabama: The Gorgas House and the Presidents Mansion from the Univ. of Alabama.



We also have 2 paintings from a Cuban artist that my husband had worked with.


(a) where Sam lived in Cuba.


(a) a bench I had that was overgrown.

4.  Home décor can be art. When you bought things for your home did you plan out the décor or did it all just fall together. Was there a theme?

We are pretty eclectic. I had planned on a coastal theme when we moved back here, but hubby decided while I was at work to put up all the country art/tins in the kitchen. I was overruled. The kitchen walls are now covered with them.

taken prior before he finished hanging whatever.


Have a great day all!


17 comments:

  1. All of those paintings are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Surviving Monday is cause for celebration for sure!! Fun answers for another fun Tuesday 4. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like those watercolors! Glad Dave was creative and came up with a way to hang things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kitchen looks wonderful and I think those Cuban painters work are just so beautiful! Thanks so much for joining in.

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always, I enjoyed reading your responses and seeing your pictures. Hope you have a good Tuesday, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eclectic. I like that word and I like homes decorated that way, including mine. I hope you have a good day today Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your home decorations are nice. I think you have classy tastes and it shows.
    I like art but am limited in my abilities however I do recognize talent. I like tasteful art, like nature or old buildings, etc., nothing modern or weird. Been going kinda eclectic Farmhouse with the decorations lately. Makes a nice "homey" atmosphere for me.
    Fun post. Hope your phone is working better now.
    Love. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your paintings...all of them, especially the one painted by a friend! Amazing artist! And I love your country/farmhouse style. I understand you wanting the coastal vibe, but really, you do live in the country! LOL. Your kitchen looks very inviting!! I know what you mean about house facing the sun. I do put a wreath on the front door, but the glass storm door is over it, and the sun pretty well bakes it. They don't last long! I would love to put a roof over our front porch, but that is not in the budget anytime in the future that I can foresee. So we put a patio table with an umbrella out there to help shade at least the dining room window a little bit. It helps some, but the blinds have to stay shut tight until late afternoon, when the sun moves to the other side of the house. Welcome to the "sunshine state". LOL. I'm glad you were able to join in with us today! Thinking about you at work. Hope your fingers are feeling better. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our home is mostly eclectic -- probably why I love it so. I'm really taken with those Alabama-origin watercolors ... more so with your chairs' slipcovers. Elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not the big decorator around here, but Danny has been so cooperative in agreeing to the things/furnishings I do like. One of them is a chair we brought from my mother's home after she passed. Every time I sit in it, I feel like I'm back in her living room. Comfort is the key!
    Blessings, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Linda. Your house looks very homey. I love the artwork. I hope your week is going well. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like your watercolors and cuban paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  13. CUTE comment about Tuesday. I guess we could say that about any day..... I hope today (Thursday) is going well for you.

    I also liked your comment, "I probably could master fancy." What a delightful sense of humor you have!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thought I'd commented on this post the other day. Guess I didn't. Really like the graphic about surviving Monday. Hope your injured finger is progressing well. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed your answers. I want to try my hand at drawing/painting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)