It is really supposed to be a Thankful Thursday post, linking back to Stacy. Unfort. I never made it on the computer this week due to the job demands. So, how about a Thankful Saturday.
Giving Thanks...
...slightly cooler temps. Slightly is the word, lol.
...afternoon thunderstorms, one that was particularly severe yesterday that knocked out power at work (on generator) and zapped my computer which prompted a long call with the Help Desk and a change of passwords, darn it... Yeah, not fun. But nonetheless, happy for the afternoon showers.
...today being Saturday.
...for a very healthy pay increase starting Oct. 1 but it also put me in a high-risk (safety wise) category to which will be listed on my future retirement now (and another tax bracket) which means more money for retirement. Happy that the folks in Tallahassee (legislation) saw this/how we should be considered high risk as well. Every single person should be listed as such. BTW, no matter one's job title or where is one situated, we do work in a prison with some very mean, nasty, hardened folks. And yes, women are just as such as men are. One might be surprised at that. Just saying.
...thanks for this monstrosity (lol) . Hubby and his buddy put up the used carport that they had torn down from another property.
...thankful for living in a nice quiet almost retirement community. Although, the sheriff has visited us twice this month looking for the folks who had lived at our address. Don't know why, no reason was given.
...for nice smelling fallish candles. It might not feel like fall here in the great state of Florida, but by golly, I can trick my brain, LOL.
...Thankful for all of you.


How nice to have that carport! We'd love to have one too...maybe some day. We don't have a paved driveway, however, so we track a lot of dirt in the car and house, even though we try to drop our shoes at the door, or at least I TRY to do it...no one else seems to get the message. LOL. A hefty pay raise is great, and also the high risk designation does give you some other "perks" in retirement benefits I think. Be thankful for every extra dollar. In today's society we need every penny to survive. And yes, the temps are starting to work their way into fallish like temps for Florida. I'll take whatever we can get. I hope you have a more relaxed weekend. Take care and just breathe. Love ya.
ReplyDeleteOh nooo! Hope you don't get awakened in the middle of the night sometime with a raid! I'd probably do more research on the Why of the problem! Has to be a mix-up in addresses somewhere!
ReplyDeleteLove the carport...we have one as well...love it.
And right before a storm, at work, I'd make everyone shut down their computers and un plug them...never had a problem again.
And I'm sure the women can be as mean as the guys...even out in society today, young women are sometimes hateful.
Happy weekend!
hugs
Donna
Linda, I liked reading your Giving Thanks post. It is a good reminder for all us that we all have things to be thankful for. I have you have a restful and relaxing weekend.
ReplyDeleteHooray for the carport! Hooray for the pay increase!! Hooray for cooler temps... a few degrees here, too, and less humidity this morning!! I may have to get out some fall decorations!! Happy weekend, Linda!
ReplyDeleteI have fall candles burning this morning. I am ready. It has been a hot summer. Loved your answers! Have a great weekend. ♥
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling the first temps of fall, Linda. We are, too, and I'm ever so grateful and thankful! Have a blessed weekend!
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy you get a nice raise! And good to have better retirement pay as well.
ReplyDeleteI agree, when you work in a prison you should be labeled high risk.
Enjoy your weekend!
Hi Linda! Happy Saturday. Congrats on the raise. That will be great for you, and will help that retirement pension to grow. That new carport will be great for keeping your vehicles a little cooler when the Florida sun beats down. I hope you have an awesome weekend.See you again soon!
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the well-deserved pay raise!
ReplyDeleteThe New-to-you carport looks great! Until my car cover arrives, I'll be on pins and needles, praying I get no dings on my car from all the falling walnuts. Sometimes it feels like gunfire when they starting hitting the metal storage building. Have a great weekend!
I like the carport. Like I said before, we have two of 'em and they are a God-send in protecting our vehicles from the blazing summer sun.
ReplyDeleteI figured you were high risk being that it's in a prison. Now I'm especially glad I wrap you in prayer every day. Indeed, I've known male and female alike that are extremely dangerous. If I can't avoid 'em I always let 'em know right up front I can be just as dangerous, plus I CC24/7. Yep. My father was a bully and bullies understand strength. Do be careful.
Those Scentsy wax burners in our home now all have "fallish" scents all year long. The aroma is so lovely and calming.
Love xx
Oh trust me, it is NOT like fall at all here in eastern NY (nor in central where my sister lives). we are having a ridiculous heat wave again and i have ot say i am over it!! I mean my fave temps are 64-80. Can we just have that until thanksgiving please??!! :)
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a restful Saturday!! and now I wanna know why the police are looking for the former owners of your home!! I think I'm the type that would just come right out and ask them. hm.....it's a mystery maybe!!
I'm glad you get compensated nicely for putting your safety at risk. I'm not sure I would do it. I'm thankful for those of you who do!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your pay raise!
ReplyDeleteCongrats that things are going well. The carport will be appreciated I am sure what with all the rain you get down there.:)
ReplyDeleteHappy for your pay raise! You definitely deserve it. But yes, you are very high risk, although I’m sure they do everything they can to keep you safe. It’s still a risk, though! Happy y’all finally got the carport up! Looks great! And yay for slightly cooler temps! 😁
ReplyDelete