Sunday, September 10, 2023

Sunday Chat...

 Good morning from Florida!


Time: 7:49 am

Scene: 71* clear, 100% humidity, dewpoint 71*.

Drinking: Second cup of New England Breakfast Blend with Italian Creamer.
**side note went back to New England brand as Community was causing heartburn. It was just too acidy.

Thinking/Pondering:


We got haircuts and then drove down to the Villages. Had the nicest breakfast at our favorite diner yesterday, Metro Diner. I had Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes and hubby had Chicken and Waffles. 


We headed across the street to a consignment store, and I found this cute little heavy wrought iron table? plant stand? for $10. And wouldn't you know it, I forgot to get candy for my candy dish.


Then we went over to Goodwill and bought some Halloween items / banners for my desk and a coworker's desk. It was told to us by another coworker she doesn't celebrate Halloween and she decorated the whole office in fall items. Excuse me, I was a bit offended (not really but kind of because she didn't bother to ask). So, the other coworker and I decided to decorate our desks. She promptly gave me some money and asked me to pick things up for her (she knew I was already going to do this as this other coworker was ranting about anti this and that). We discussed what we wanted (nothing scary, just silly stuff). We did seek permission first and the powers that be is allowing it (I probably ought to have mentioned that first, realized I was out of order posting, lol)

Then we went over to the very nice Walmart and grocery shopped.

Then we came home unloaded the groceries and went back out to Lowes. Hubby wanted some Mums. We found one huge mum (sorry didn't take a photo but will) and bathmats for each of our sinks. We are also talking about getting some hibiscus for the front of the house.


Came home and made tacos for dinner (because it was nearly 6 pm and it dawned on us we had been going and going all day).

...thinking it's going to be another tough week at work as we have another 100 intakes this week. 

...keeping an eye (distant-not really keeping), lol) on the tropics.


That is, it. I have decided since my arthritis is flaring up, I will not be doing anything today, shower and put on clean pj's. That's all I can muster up. I knew I overdid yesterday, but it was so beautiful out, not much humidity etc.

9 comments:

  1. Some people don't think before speaking... As long as bossman allows it, do what you want and ignore the others. Just have fun!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda! I noticed that my old blog address is in your list of blogs. If you still want to read my posts, you'll have to update it to this:
    milliescozycottagelife.blogspot.com

    Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good with that little table!
    Glad you are resting today. We went to Sunday school, then church, then had a potluck. We got home about 2 and I said to Bob - I'm getting in my PJ's and relaxing for the rest of the day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You got more done than I did this weekend, Linda!! I'm still being a little lazy and using my cataract surgery as my excuse this weekend. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!! Have a good week ahead. Let us know how the decorating goes!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. $10 for that little plant stand ... what a smokin' deal! Good on you for sticking to your guns and decorating your desk however you feel. Did you tell that 'other person' you don't necessarily need to hear her views on certain holidays? Whew!
    I hope you're getting re-charged for the new week; thanks for keeping us in the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda. Those pumpkin-pecan pancakes sound delicious. I also like that cute table. Wow, sounds like you are really getting settled in and fixed up at your place. I hope you have a good week this week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the wrought iron table you found, and no doubt, you will fill that bowl with candy soon. Your Halloween decorations are very tasteful. If someone else doesn't want them, that's on them.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum on the pumpkin pecan pancakes, Linda! What a lovely wrought iron table you found! I am glad you are going to decorate your area. I'm more of a fall person, but I don't mind others decorating in the manner that brings them happiness unless it is in poor taste or not acceptable for the work place. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (578)