Tuesday, April 7, 2020

Tuesday Meme

Forgive me, I am falling behind in answering and emailing back. Joining in with the Tuesday Meme.

1. Describe the best job you ever had why was it good? (if it was awful, tell us about that instead)

Best job? I have to say, homeschooling our son all the way through. Sure, I have had outside of the home jobs, but when he fell sick at age 6 and had to have open heart surgery, it was decided I should stay home and raise him.

2.  How did you learn to do your job?

I had a teaching license from FL. I taught K-3. Then, we decided when he/our son was growing up, I would eventually go back to school and finish the degree. Well, here we are and I went in a completely different direction. My mother calls it the "Midlife Crisis" whatever...

3. You are now in charge of your town's public relations committee.. Tell us why we need to move to your town.

I really don't like this question...look, we all know NY State is a mess right now...and frankly, I am just not happy about the situations that have put all most us out of jobs. How about I play the video that is on the city website. By the way, with this shut down...I just don't think businesses will reopen. Oh and we don't have 10,000 anymore, we have under 9,000. The video was made like 3 years ago. Can I just say, my husband is from here and was raised here and we thought we would die here...I just don't know...keeping in prayer.



4.  It's lunch time! Build your perfect sandwich for us.. what's in it and on it and what's in our cups?

Rye or Pumpernickel bread, spinach or mixed greens (I really don't care for iceberg lettuce), thinly sliced tomato, mayo or mustard (or both), swiss cheese and Black Forest Ham.

For drink, probably sweet tea or anything you like.




19 comments:

  1. I wish I could tell you that all will be better tomorrow but you know I cant. It is making me batty just sitting which I have now been doing for 37 days without going out except to porch. I like your sandwich! Sending prayers and blessings this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Linda...and that is the scary part, I guess the pinheads really didn't know how this would affect us all, or if they did and they just didn't care, because, it really isn't about caring for the people, its power grabbing control. (JMO)

      If we were ever to meet up, I will gladly make the sandwich, smiles.

      Delete
  2. Greetings from the epicenter. Yes, they moved the epicenter from NYC to Long Island now ...

    Best friend and her husband both have the virus now. The silver lining? When her mother in law calls to ask the guy to come over, he can’t come because he doesn’t want to expose her to the virus.

    See, you’ve got a ready excuse the next time your mother in law calls ...

    That sandwich sounds yummy. I love a good slice of rye. My favorite sandwich comes from Ben’s Kosher Deli. It’s pastrami on rye, and they serve it with mustard, cole slaw, and lots of kosher pickles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sandwich sounds so good, smiles...ohhhhhhhhhh on the mil, sigh…

      Delete
  3. Yummy sandwich..... interesting clip of your town.....nice you have a Y..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, but the Y is closed right now and it costs $65 a month per family member (it would cost us nearly $200 a month)...ain't got money for that, sigh.

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful countryside in which to live! I really enjoyed this video - but had to wince when they were patting themselves on the back for not winding up with shuttered businesses like those 'other guys.' I suspect Tom would fight you for your sandwich -- he loves ham; me, not so much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am laughing over sandwiches. I couldn't eat yours and you wouldn't eat mine. We're polar opposites! ☺ Now you could answer #3 if you could switch it to why you shouldn't move there. Not sure how I'd answer that one myself. Every community has its highs and lows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cool that you home-schooled your son. I so admire people that have done or are doing that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so sad what is happening in this country, especially New York. I love spinach on a sandwich. I love tomato too but they don't love me for some reason! Have a good day buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is awesome you taught your son and stayed home with him to teach him. I stayed home with Josh until he started school and then I went back to work, but we did pull him out one year to homeschool. I really hate the school where we live. I work in another district.
    Your town sounds wonderful! I hope we are all back open soon. Loved your answers! Have a nice Tuesday!

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. SO sorry to hear about your son.. Pray he is fine a t this time... I can understand your feeling about the way your start is going.. Our being run by liberals now here in Virginia is going the same way and it is very disconcerting! We pray about it alot.. all we can do until change happens!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a great town and so many like it suffering from jobs shut down. I hope the comeback is huge and better than we knew it could be. my hometown was 10000 too. but nothing as grand as Hornell. Just a tiny town with one tiny street of businesses. I hope that Q is right and that this is a new beginning for America. Praying hard it is so.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice video and had me wondering what was true and what wasn't after your comments. So sad. Your sandwich sounds yummy! You can always reconsider Florida! Yes, July & August are hot and humid but how much time would you spend outside anyway? AC makes it all comfy!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I had no idea you were a homeschool mom. Me too! I started when my kids were in 1st and 3rd grades, and we went all the way through high school. They finished up in 2008 and 2010, so I am "retired" now, but I look upon those days as the best years of my life.

    Oh, and we are from Florida. My husband is a native, and I moved there shortly after high school. Stayed for close to 20 years...until we moved to Idaho in 2000.

    My town (Boise) doesn't need me as their public relations person. People are already moving here by the thousands, mostly from California and Washington. Boise was one of the fastest-growing cities in the country last year.

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad you were able to home school your son. That was a wonderful blessing for both of you. And now that you are finally finishing your degree, praying God has some very special good surprises in store for you all. Hang in there. This thing won't last forever. Life will come back and things will get better. Just keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Y'all have a pretty town. We're small town with all small businesses too. I don't know how all the small businesses are going to survive. People need to go back to work NOW.
    Sandwich sounds delicious. Since we eating Keto now, I would have to make mine with cooked cabbage instead of bread. It's really quite tasty. Keeps my blood sugar from spiking too.
    Hang on kiddo. We'll make it because we have Jesus Christ. He promises to never let us go.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  15. I didn't know you taught Elementary in Florida! I learned something new!
    I am worried about the repercussions of this too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay, we can do lunch. I'd have wheat or potato bread and turkey instead of ham, but I can live with ham...the rest is exactly what I put on my sammich! :)

    The aftermath of all this is very concerning. We don't even have the number of virus cases NY does, but Gov. Wolf shut us down waaaaay ahead of the curve. We're going to be home for at least 6 weeks at this point. Tim filed his bi-weekly claim for unemployment, but there's no word on when actual payments may come. Kinda like the ever elusive stimulus checks. (insert eye roll)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)