Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Pet Peeve Tuesday 4

Wow, Ann, right on topic this week, grin. My personal pet peeve is at the end.


1. What is your pet peeve of the month, year, lifetime?

People who don't do research and not keep informed. Folks who blindly follow along, especially now during this pandemic.


2. Do you have a pet? Tell us about your pet?

Yep. Coffee is our 11 year old German Shepherd. His mama was a White Belgian Shepherd and his daddy was the normal saddle back German Shepherd. He is super smart and the ongoing joke is he will let you in but won't let you out. He is very picky and will choose "his" people. 

3. What are some pet projects in your life?

Finishing typing up this final paper for the Directed Study and start cracking down on moving.


4.  Do you feed the birds or other animals in the wild?

Yes, we have a bird feeder in the front of the house. They also congregate in the bushes and tweet all day and all night.




Another front, I wanted to briefly mention this. I know the majority of you saw this on FB. Yesterday, I had to go pick up my prescription (for whatever reason, it failed to be sent via mail) and lo and behold, a county sheriff deputy was standing at the entrance of Walmart to enforce Cuomos Executive Mask Order, yep. First time, warning, next a $500 fine, next time jail. AND when we got home Liam came running in (he was out exercising-riding his bike) and was pulled over for not wearing a mask. YEP. My dad, "Linda, that's called a Police State, get the hell out when you can." I will leave it at that. This what NY has become. Enough. My personal pet peeve, dude/Cuomo, you are stomping all over the Bill of Rights and the Constitution, enough.



23 comments:

  1. The CDC itself has stated that if you have trouble breathing, you shouldn't wear a mask. I have lots of trouble breathing in a mask because I hate being told what to do, and it effects my breathing. A five hundred dollar fine! And the stores are just doing what they're told, the workers what THEY'RE told, and so on. Let the criminals out of prison, after all, they didn't do anything REALLY bad, but go ahead and harass nice people like Linda, people who pay their taxes and live honorably. It's upside down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My son and I both have asthma...both of us carry a inhaler. I had a panic attack yesterday in Walmart, because of the STUPID MASK and being harasssed, the world is upside down. I agree.

      Delete
  2. Not 24 hours later, I'm still aghast about Liam being pulled over. Coffee sounds remarkable … I love German Shepherds! Won't you tell us more about him sometime? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...and so is he, Myra. He said, "I'm 23 yrs old not a kid! I didn't break the law!" No, he sure didn't, but unfort. folks are on power trips. He took the officers name down, I am thinking of calling the sheriffs dept. to get clarification of this Executive Order.

      Delete
  3. I love hearing about Coffee. I told you my husband wants our next dog to be a German Shepherd. Now normally, he doesn't get particularly excited about going with me when I want to meet an online friend, but when I "casually" mentioned your husband was a Marine and had trained GS's, his response was "I could go." Ha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOLOLOL. I know, I said the same to my husband, how your husband was a Marine...he goes, "Ok. When we are out of house arrest." LOLOLOL-oh, my husband is always game, me on the other hand, I am hesitant...just because I am so shy...hard to believe, but yes, I am. LOL

      Delete
  4. I'm seriously surprised that we haven't had that mask order yet, considering our governor is power hungry! But maybe she's just waiting for the end of the month to impose more restrictions instead of starting to open things up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about such major restrictions in your state. Your minion meme cracks me up every time I see it.lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coffee sounds like a sweetie. I like big dogs. Steve had a German Shepard many years ago. He loved that dog.
    Hope you can find a job in a State where y'all will be safe and happy. You're due for some prosperity. I keep praying good things will happen for ya.
    I'm thankful that Georgia does not have Demoncratic leadership anymore. When we moved here in 1993 it was just starting to change over to Republican and has remained that way ever since. Steve told me this morning that he read where our Governor (Kemp) has issued an executive order to open up almost all businesses by Friday. That's good news.
    Hair cut: here I come! LOL
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  7. Run Bambi Run!!! Anyone else remember this?? Am I showing my age.? I miss my Bunker for sure.....thought Florida treated me well... loved signing up for a concealed carry at their suggestion. LOL. No car inspection.... Senior Real Estate Exemption... no income tax.. didn't hose to seniors.... just those hurricanes...lol

    ReplyDelete
  8. Did you have a mask to even put on? What sense does it make (that's your point) to have people outside wearing masks as long as social distancing is being observed? What is your position on Social Distancing? There are so many differing messages these days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The only masks we have in the house are ones that came with hub's power tools... I haven't made any.. We are so confounded by terms I mean you quarantantine people who are sick... So if you arent sick and havent been out anywhere to pick it up ...now I am afraid to walk in my neighborhood or down the street. I mean.. America has been taken over by an evil power and we gave in willingly. Very disconcerting! And speak of power grabbing governors.. We live in Virginia! Need I say more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Am I the only one who knows how this ends?

    Tom Cruise comes in and saves us all. I wonder where he is.

    Seriously, did we fall into a movie or something?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our world is upside down and inside out...things just aren't as they should be. We are riding out the storm as best we can and praying for the world to get back to some sort of 'normal.' We are putting our faith and trust in the One mightier than us all. I hated to hear about Liam's experience, just isn't right. How can riding a bike expose anyone to this virus? We haven't got that strict here, people are still able to walk down the street or ride their bikes. Most everyone is observing the 6ft rule, the stores are limiting customers. Restaurants are closed as well as other retail stores. My biggest concern, other than the health issue, is the livelihood of so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  12. No matter where you go if the communist inspired liberal elements take over, a corrupt police state will follow.
    If this silliness doesnt stop, they will do this everytime there is a flu or even colds!

    ReplyDelete
  13. No mask order here and things are beginning to loosen up a bit. People still need to be careful and be aware of their own health issues. The virus will be with us forever... and just when we are all vaccinated for C-19 we will have C-20/21/22... I hope "we" have learned from this mess.

    ReplyDelete
  14. We had a shepherd in our early years of marriage. I am in Calif. and we have the same restrictions. Hubby is at Walmart wearing the mask I made him. My DIL and her mom ride a bike. I would too if I could. Where do you plan on moving too? I am praying the restrictions will all go away once this Covid thing is done.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am making a lot of masks and giving them to friends and family. I just want people to be safe and stay well. If making masks can help, I am willing to do it. Wearing a mask is not comfortable, but maybe it will help. This virus is bringing out the worst in some people. Things are loosening up around here. I guess NYC has been hit so hard, and that is really having an impact on the rest of the states.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your doggy sounds sweet. I am glad you have him...give you an excuse to go outside! I hope you can find a new home where people/government are reasonable! Not to mention the excessive taxes you are paying in NY. I am praying this will soon be over, but I know it won't be over for a while. I am so ready to go out to eat and be waited on! LOL. Petty, I know, but that is what I miss, even though we really didn't go out that often...but just to know that I can makes me happy, and knowing that I can't makes me sad. Oh well, this too will pass, and I pray God will continue to protect our loved ones and friends.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I very much enjoyed your answers today.
    Have a good Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You should take your German Shepherd with you when you shop as your "service dog."

    I'm sorry times are so tough.

    ReplyDelete
  19. We are supposed to wear masks in stores, but many don't. Thankfully we don't have the police after us! And since when should we wear masks when outside? Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Linda, so difficult y'all have it there; outside without a mask? Goodness gracious. I stay home mostly unless necessary, and who doesn't need prescriptions and groceries.

    Take care, and be safe!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)