Sunday, April 19, 2020

Sunday Salon

I didn't feel like the Sunday Stealing meme. Actually, looking at the questions made my head hurt, lol. I hope this post finds each of you in good spirits.


Time: 8:03 am

Scene: 35* and partly sunny. Suppose to be a near 60* day, but rain will be moving in.

Today's Plan: Still typing up my final paper. Looking forward to a walk later today, sans mask.

Drinking: My first cup of Finger Lakes Italian Coffee with Italian Sweet Creme.


Listening to: The furnace just came on. Hubby is talking about Joy Reid, a commenter on MSNBC; calling the lockdown protestors racist confederates (story).

Reading: Nothing interesting or fun. Does working on my final paper count? 

Pondering: So, yesterday, hubby went out to check his mothers PO Box and he had to stop at Walmart to pick up milk. They wouldn't allow him in due to he didn't have a face mask. So, I decided to write a email to corp. Walmart about this (since their website clearly states its not mandatory), so, it has become a back and forth issue/email campaign with them. They are yielding to Cuomo's Executive Order, which is not law by the way. You know, these folks think they can just make orders or decrees, who thinks their king now? Just wondering, thoughts to ponder. Wake up folks, "more is to meet the eye" so to speak. By the way, hubby put his sweatshirt over his mouth and they allowed him, eventually. And once in , he dropped it. He said and I quote, "Fascist bull crap." In America. Yep.

One last thought, according to Bing and Google Fascist; a person who is extremely  right wing or authoritarian. Hmm...interesting how they change the algorithim's.


Who would of ever guessed my 2020 Word would be so prevalent? The good Lord sure whispered that correctly.



17 comments:

  1. There has been, as you can imagine, a lot of debate about the "have to" of wearing a mask in public. Legally speaking, the consensus is you have the right to not wear one, but the store also has the right to refuse you entry. I'm more concerned with the fact that at 8pm tonight it becomes, per Gov. Wolf's orders, enforceable. He has given the health dept., the agriculture dept., the liquor control board (????), the state police and the local police the authority to enforce it and fine people up to $500. I don't know if they can go so far as to arrest you. I would think not unless you behave badly when confronted. Also, there is supposed to be a loophole...tell them you can't wear a mask for medical reasons and they can't ask you why due to HIPPA laws. It will be "interesting" to see how this plays out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, my son and I are both asthmatic and I told him to make sure he has his inhaler with him (I admit, sometimes I forget). I will not comply with the mask, simple as that just because of this (being asthmatic). They want to push it, I'll get the dr. involved and then it will get interesting.

      This has gotten out of hand, between our governor and yours, just ridic...sigh.

      Delete
    2. Legal advice. Executive orders have the for e of law. Do not expect Walmart to ignore law. Wearing a mask is the kindest, most empathetic thing you can do. It says you care about your fellow man.

      Delete
  2. I don't see any signs on store doors so far as I know it's not mandatory to wear a mask in a store around here yet. I say yet because this is Michigan and look who our governor is! I'm sure she is sitting at home thinking of more ways to abuse her authority!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, I am sure...oh, Walmart doesn't have a sign up, they have guards standing there, yep.

      Delete
    2. They have guards? Wow!

      xoxo

      Delete
  3. Looking for my great escape!! All dressed up no where to go... so sorry I sold the Bunker.... yea Wolf says nothing until the middle of May... but demonstrations are lined up here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Word on the street here, July...our nipple piercing loving governor plans to prove a point to us in the Western/Southern Tier and will destroy us.

      BTW, we have neighbors who went to NH prior to the shutdown (to help their daughter) they returned yesterday evening. State police are protecting who comes in and goes, they are under mandatory 14 day quarantine. Yep. They will be followed up by the County nurse, yep. Names, numbers, addresses were taken.

      Delete
    2. Wow... just getting warmed up I guess......

      Delete
  4. Dang, it's getting nuttier and nuttier up there above the Mason-Dixon! So far, our Governor enjoys breathing air that isn't filled with lead. And, yeah, you've read that correctly. Our police even said they will NOT enforce anything mandatory like that. I even saw our local Police Chief at the Pig last week and he's not doing any of that BS (Barbara Streisand) either. ;) Plus, he goes to our Church. He'd better behave. LOL
    Off subject, it's cool and raining here. Very nice. Good day to stay inside, watch all the Church vid's I can find, and drink lots of New England coffee. Enjoying the Sticky Bun flavor right now. Yuuuummm! Wish you could join us. No masks required.
    Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry, but your hubby's comment made me laugh out loud! Your and Stacy's elected officials sound like something out of the Cuckoo's Nest. In all seriousness, I hope you and your family will get out while you can.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are hot here today and had rain the last two days. We need the rain so no complaints. Who cares since we can't get out anyway! Ha! Our governor opened beaches and parks yesterday. Baby step and hopefully people we behave and continue to pay attention and self-isolate if they are sick. Have a good week, Linda! Get that paper done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Second wave of Covid coming to everyone on that beach ...science, you know ....

      Delete
  7. I'm so thankful we live in Florida. Maine or NH might be next on my list...NH "live free or die", and Maine has the Cabin Masters. LOL. I've lived in both, and although they are wicked cold, they still would be better than NY. I believe when your governor lit up the World Trade Center pink to celebrate murdering babies at birth (and beyond) he brought the wrath of God down upon his state. Praying for those who are innocent and do not support his actions to be covered by the Blood of the Lamb as in the Exodus and by Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God. But if I were living there, I would definitely be looking for a way to move out asap. Just saying. But praying for you because I know you have certain obligations. Praying for your safety and protection in every way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What we as a family are most concerned about are family members and friends in nursing homes and hospitals and no one knows what is going on as there are no visits allowed. Scary times.

    Joy Reid...what a way to endear her to her viewers. 😏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy, your governor. 😖 What a patronizing pile of 😖. Had to mute him while I wait for the other task force response.

      Delete
  9. Oh my - I've never heard Joy Reid before and after checking the link I don't want to again. Where does she get the idea that the wealthy are paying for these protests? I know people who went to the one in Michigan and they surely didn't get paid for it.
    Yes, your word for the year was perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)