Saturday, April 4, 2020

Saturday 9

Well, folks...Walmart will limit customers, they have put up barriers outside of our local Walmart etc.  Enough folks, wake up. Numbers .


Saturday 9: Could've Been (1987)

Unfamiliar with this week's tune? Hear it here.

1) This wistful song is about a love affair that ended. What song reminds you of a long-ago love?

Making Love by Bad Company

2) It was written by Lois Blaisch, a singer-songwriter who performs at clubs around Los Angeles and has sung outdoors at Disneyland. Would you prefer to attend a concert indoors, or outside under the stars?

Outdoors

3) This week's featured artist, Tiffany, appeared on the TV talent show Star Search when she was just 14. She came in second. Though she was disappointed, she admits she learned from it. She studied the singer who won and says it made her a better performer. Can you recall a time when you weathered a tough time and came through stronger?

This current storm that our government and local government(s) is raging against the American citizen. Previously, been thru many storms; EF 5 tornado, Hurricane Katerina, Cancer, numerous surgeries. But this current one, takes the cake, so to speak.

4) Early in her career, she toured Alaska, opening for country legend George Jones. Have you ever visited our 49th state? (That's a correction; I made a mistake when I originally posted.)

Nope


5) Tiffany provided the voice of Judy Jetson in 1990's Jetsons: The Movie. Which cartoon did you enjoy more: the space-age Jetsons or the pre-historic Flintstones?

Both and not going to choose.

6) In 2007, she appeared on VH1's Celebrity Fit Club and lost 28 lbs. Are you making an effort to stay fit during this stay-at-home period?

You know...I have had enough of being told NO and STAY INDOORS. I'll leave it at that.

7) In 1987, when this song was popular, Aretha Franklin became the first woman inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. What's your favorite Aretha song?


R-E-S-P-E-C-T

8) Also in 1987, third-generation race car driver Marco Andretti was born. Are you a race fan?

So so...my son loves racing. My husband was a chaplain for Race Ministries and he raced cars when he was a teenager. I think racing is in his blood and that got passed on to the kid, just saying. 


Food for thought on this Saturday. Which, I had to check the calendar, I was confused when I woke up.

11 comments:

  1. I don't think they are done putting restrictions on us. Until they get us all staying home, it's not going to end. Especially since they are beginning to make noises about the virus maybe not peaking until June or even July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Governor Ivey issued a stay-at-home order late yesterday; and the news footage of lines outside supermarkets remind me of living in a police state. Thanks for the 'numbers' link … gonna share with Tom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw that a woman in Pennsylvania was pulled over and given a $200 ticket...for going on a leisurely drive. All by herself. How in the living heck would that possibly endanger anyone? What if she was going absolutely bonkers at home, or was in a small apartment with grumpy people? I just don't get it. I hate being told what to do, especially when it makes NO sense.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have to have letters saying that we are on the road for a reason if we are not going to the grocery store or the pharmacy. No one can be in the car with you if they don’t live at your house. INSANE! I dare not take a drive, though I think of it fondly. 🚘 I hardly dare be out in my own yard. I live under a rock so I know nothing of these music choices 🎶 but I enjoyed reading all the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Linda, I'm sorry, I told myself I wouldn't argue with you anymore, but I am living in HELL right now because everyone I know either has the virus or has a family member with the virus. EVERYONE I KNOW. My cousin is on a ventilator. My daughter's best friend, who is getting married in November, is wondering if her father can walk her down the aisle because right now he's on a ventilator.

    Yesterday I took my boyfriend to the ER, he's been sick for a week. He probably has the virus. Which means I probably have it, too.

    I am a card-carrying member of the ACLU, no one treasures civil liberties more than I, but unless you're willing to die, literally die, for a little shopping time in Walmart...

    In Nassau County, NY, if you go into cardiac arrest and EMS cannot revive you, they won't bring you to the hospital because there are no beds. Not some third world country, a suburb of NYC. Breitbart can go to hell with its misinformation, more people have died in NY from COVID 19 than died at the WTC on 9/11. Even Fox News and the President are taking this seriously, Fox is worried that they're going to get sued because of how they downplayed the coronavirus at first.

    A possible death toll of 100,000 is unacceptable. Especially when it's people you know.

    You do not want this hell in your town. You do not want this virus in your family. Be smart, do as you've been asked, and you may avoid hell.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Aretha Franklin. Sometimes I wonder if any of the music they play these days will be timeless like that or Garth Brooks. Did you see him and Trisha on tv the other night? I LOVE their voices so much. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.

    http://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I guess the tyranny is only going to increase because businesses are being patsy's by playing right along. It's been proven before that "staying in" does not stop disease from spreading because we can't stay in. We have to eat, get medicine, etc. or people really will die. The disease is going to happen no matter what we do. Places like NYC, Kalifornica, etc. are h***holes anyway. It's sad, but they're gonna be infected bad because of their living conditions. MOST PEOPLE WILL SURVIVE. 1,000's already have. There's still more deaths from TB, the Flu, cancer, and in abortion clinics than the COVID. You know this is all about the Demoncrats wanna take over and impeach President Trump. They're gonna try that again. They're pathetic and wicked these politicians and the people that give them power.
    My two cents. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hear, hear!! Sparky & Linda, hear, hear!

      Delete
    2. Yep...some can see it and some can not...it is what it is.

      Delete
  8. Virus is real, the bruhaha is not. More people infected with h1n1 and last years flu season, more died, but nothing was done like this. While people suffer from flu and pneumonia, the answer is not what is going on. Wear masks? sure, but don't force people indoors. There is a cure for Covid ... hydrochloroquine and Azithromycin do a good job. People are healing quickly with it except in states where governors forbid it. Nope more here than meets the eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and Cuomo isn't allowing the medicines. So, there you have it.

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)