Friday, April 10, 2020

Friday Photo and Some Thoughts

Good Morning from a cold western New York. Today is Good Friday...which I often struggle with. When my son was growing up, he would say, "What's so good about people killing Jesus?" Oh, to be so young and naïve...I'll leave that thought as is.


Yep. Snow. More snow is being called for today and winds of 30 mph. Hopefully by Sunday the temps will be back to the 60's.


So, let's keep it real. How many of us our doing online shopping? Since Walmart, Wegmans and Aldi, Lowes  (starting today) will limit one customer in and one out. I'll refrain my thoughts on that. ANYWAYS, everyone from the media to local governments are telling people to use the Curbside pickup, excuse me...but here, that is impossible. The service(s) are so overloaded. We have a small Walmart, no such thing as curbside pickup, Wegmans and Aldi are so overloaded and there are no times available. We have since resorted to shopping online and having groceries delivered, which is nice, but it still costs a fee to do so. My husband and I have decided to curtail Walmart, we found Target online (the nearest Target is in Big Flats, 30 something miles away). I have to say, their online shopping is quite easy to use, unlike Walmart that keeps throwing ads up or suggesting this or that. I also like the fact that Instacart that Wegmans uses to deliver, the folks are really nice and the Customer Service is very nice too. Unfort. we have to pick up my mother in-laws prescription today from Walmart. My husband and I are arguing over who will be the lucky one to go in the store. She is refusing to have those delivered or sent by mail (ours is sent via mail). Boy, was/is she mad that we had her groceries delivered. Nope, from now on, that is how it will be done and its going to cost her an extra $3.99 to $7.99 (yesterday was $3.99, but they tell you upwards of $7.99).


Let's just keep it real...Normal? I have always said, "Why be normal?" I am afraid though, folks have become complacent and will allow the government to take over their lives. What is that saying, "Give an inch?" Here, the PD and the DA office will impose the "rules"; no more going out for a walk, no more than 1 person in a store, if your caught riding in a car and your not 6 feet apart (IMPOSSIBLE!), you will be ticketed or jailed. 


I am afraid if or when NY gets released from this intrusiveness, the harm to civil liberties will be permanent. I better end it there.


Just being silly. Hey, have a great day.

31 comments:

  1. I truly am sure things will not be 'normal' again. This has been a time of change in many ways. Hope your have a good 'Good Friday'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wishing you and yours a very Happy Easter, Linda...sending you lots of love and hugs.

      Delete
  2. Hi Linda - yes, like you I wonder what permanent changes this whole experience will make in our society. Wow, you really have a lot of restrictions there in New York. We don't have quite so many here in Utah, but they could come. We are on a Stay Safe, Stay Home Directive and all parks, playgrounds and "non-essential" businesses are closed. We have been asked to wear masks when we go to the store, and now stores are limited how many people can be in the building at one time. We need to go out and get some things this morning, so I hope we can find what we need. My husband also needs to go to Walmart and get a prescription. I don't like going to Walmart. We'll all get through this together somehow. God is in charge. I am participating in the World Wide Fasting and Prayer today. Hope you have a good weekend and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Deb, God is in control. Wishing you and yours a very Happy Easter.

      Delete
  3. Snow?? We had a bad storm and dropped temps. 38 after being 60 but that is what happens.. Here they no longer allow deliveries so am stuck with whatever food is delivered to my door.... I can't blame them.... No in and out by much of anyone but the staff...
    I don't see the end of if in retirement communities anytime in the near future....since we have continuing care section everyone has to abide by the same rules imposed by the state even though I am in independent living.
    Enjoy the freedoms that you have... a whole lot more than here. !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know is sounds like I am complaining, not meaning too...keeping you in prayer, Bunk. Wishing you a Happy Easter.

      Delete
  4. Linda,

    You’re right, things will never go back to the way they were.

    If you remember what happened after 9/11, the craziness...the Patriot Act ... no, we never went back to the way things were, but we found a new normal. And we will again. And it will be OK.

    Just be happy that these horrible restrictions are having the desired effect. Here in NYC/Long Island there are no longer lines waiting to get into the ER, you can actually walk in and be treated fairly rapidly. The governor says we have reached the apex and we are flattening the curve.

    Have a wonderful weekend and a Happy Easter, and may we see happen celebrations next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, agree. Wishing you and yours a very Happy Easter. smiles

      Delete
  5. I also agree things will never go back to our old normal, and we may be surprised (and saddened, or gladdened, who knows) by changes we can't even foresee yet. A developmentally disabled brother in law is in the hospital with COVID-19 right now, so maybe I see things a little differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to read this about your bil, keeping in prayer, Alana. Want to wish you a beautiful weekend ahead, regardless of what is going on.

      Delete
  6. I am sure there will be a lot of changes to come out of this...though it remains to be seen what those might be in the long haul. Is your Walmart truly only one person in the store at a time? They've used that same terminology here, but it means that a certain number are allowed in the store at one time based on square footage. Once that capacity is reached, then it will be one can go in when one comes out. I went yesterday morning at 8:00 and didn't have to wait at all and there were quite a few people inside and aisles were still sort of clogged because of all the employees doing the shopping for delivery and curbside pick-ups (which, like you mentioned, are virtually impossible to get a time slot for). The store we've decided to avoid is Lowe's. That place is packed to the gills every day...much worse than Walmart or any others.

    Anyway, praying folks wake up to that fact that there is more than the virus going on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, starting at 3 pm today. We're done, hubby and I decided today we are just done and want out...we shall see what the good Lord brings or leads us too.

      My bil works at Lowes, rumor has it is, they will be closing. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Easter.

      Delete
  7. Things are really different here than there, thank the Lord. We are blessed to have a small town grocery store and Dollar General that we can still go in and out and shop as needed. The only restrictions are standing in line they have tape on the floor 6 feet apart. How can they restrict people sitting in cars 6 ft. apart? That is crazy. Family members live in the same house and sleep in the same bed...or are they telling you not to do that either? Geepers...that's just nuts. But, praying this will soon be over, and yes, I expect there will be some permanent changes come out of it. People may never really want to shake hands again. Maybe we should bow like they do in Japan. But to never feel human touch again...hugging? No, I don't think that will happen. I refuse to give in to such fear. May the Lord protect us and give us wisdom and strength for the days ahead. I am happy the "curve" is starting to "flatten" in NYC and areas. Praying soon we will be able to go back to work and church, etc. One day at a time. God is with us.
    Have a blessed Easter weekend. Keep focused on Faith over fear!! God is with us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Pamela. Wishing you and yours a very Happy Easter.

      Delete
  8. Interesting, your rules are a lot stricter than here in Ohio. Take care and be safe.

    Happy Easter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, its just because we have a nimrod for a governor (did I just say that? so sorry, grin). Wishing you a very happy Easter.

      Delete
  9. Hi Linda!
    We have snow here too!
    And it is cold!
    Rhett goes to Walmart when we need something.
    The kids don't want me to go.
    You know, because of my age!!!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...I hear you...Liam is like, "Its not really that necessary is it that you two go out?" Well, yes, because we have to shop for my mil--but Wegmans delivers, so that is settled now, wink.

      Wishing you a very Happy Easter.

      Delete
  10. SNOW, oh my...what is that like? We've already hit the 90's for a few days and as I'm typing this comment I'm hearing the beautiful hum of our A/C. We do need change in this country but I don't think it will be the kind of change we need. Still we can hope and pray, God is in control, so whatever happens I just ask for His peace and protection. Of course I'm concerned and will vote for what I believe, not going to just sit back and do nothing. With that said, at this point in my life there's not much else I can do. But you my friend, you keep up the good fight. You're educated and smart...you and others like you keep the torch burning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, snow..it has been in the 60-70' and then WHAM, the temp dropped and snow. yep.

      Thank you Mary for your kind comments about being educated, smiles. Wishing you and yours a very Happy Easter. smiles

      Delete
  11. Wow on your latest restrictions! Guess it's human nature, but if someone tells me I can't do something, it makes me want to do it even more. I know there's much uncertainty about your situation, but I'd love to hear you're giving serious thought to getting out of Dodge.

    PS - Now and then, I also struggle with the concept of "Good" Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah...well, where we end up is anyone's guess...hubby wants Maine. We shall see. ANYWAYS---wishing you and yours a very Happy Easter.

      Delete
  12. Since we live so far out in the country, I've been using on-line ordering for quite awhile. Actually, prefer it. Keeps me from binge buying at the cash register. *lol*
    I know we're being used as patsies for the over-reaching tyranny to come. Even the so-called "Conservative" Governors are in lockstep with the devil worshiping Left with the bogus Shelter-In-Place and/or Lock-downs. I think that we're very close to the Rapture of the Saints and thus the revealing of the Man of Perdition (Anti-Christ) but I have no special insight or anything. One thing that is really glaring is WHY such urgency with all the repatriating of travelers all over the world? Weird, huh? It's similar to the time when Christ as to be born and all the head of household citizens of, what was then, the "world" government (Rome), had go to their place of birth to be counted. Hmmmm ...
    I'm so glad we have Jesus. Without Him we would have no hope of eternal salvation.
    Have a blessed Good Friday my friend. Keep looking up.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree...wishing you both a very Happy Easter, my friend. smiles

      Delete
  13. I was at Wal Mart this morning and only waited for maybe 2 minutes before they let me in. Funny though they have the outdoor stuff roped off as non-essential as well as the furniture section! Kind of silly really in my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I ended up going with/in. There was a door counter sitting there and he said the 1 in and 1 out goes into effect today at 3. So, anyways, that is where we are at now...

      Wishing you a very Happy Easter, my friend.

      Delete
  14. Those guidelines sound excessively punitive. My brother-in-law told me about Lowe's policy so he drove across the street and did his shopping at Home Depot. Hopefully, each person will make the wisest choice. There is coming a day when I will have had quite enough, thank you. Life is not worth living forever stuck in one's home alone. On that cheery note, have a blessed Easter weekend. We sure need Him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...sadly...I am telling you, Vee, this is scary...and folks think "Oh, its ok, I'll follow like sheep." You better not go anywhere before I get to Maine, grin (hubby wants Maine--we shall see).

      Wishing you and your family a very Happy Easter.

      Delete
  15. Just yesterday I read that the prosecutor of a neighboring county is pleading with our governor to rescind the stay-home order. He said "he cannot enforce it, as it is a violation of constitutional rights." At least there is one smart man out there!!

    I was talking to my dad today (83 years old), and he had been listening to Rush Limbaugh. Rush is saying the same thing...the American people are blindly following this movement to derail our freedoms. And according to my dad, to destroy President Trump.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I don't think we will ever get back to the "normal" we knew before this pandemic. I said the same on 9-11 too, though. This one is different. I'm a bit concerned but will leave it at that, too. Easter blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  17. We had snow yest and today too - but it didn't stick! But it's so cold!
    I agree - there will be changes... not all good either.
    Here in Mich we have our Governor (that woman from Michigan - who is talked about being Biden's running mate). My hubby calls her Whitless, instead of Whitmer. She shut us down for another 3 weeks and added even more restrictions. Our greenhouses and lawn people are going into their busiest seasons and now she shut them down, along with many others. Grrr - people are not happy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)