Friday, April 24, 2020

Buoy Bell

Not sure if I posted this here or not. I think it was on FB. My late birthday present came in and hubby hung it up. 


We got it from North Country and I picked out the Castine Harbor Bell. I also picked out the red crab and had our name in engraved. The sound is very relaxing, at least I find it relaxing.

I saw your comments yesterday...what is drawing us to Maine or NH? I don't know. I personally like New Hampshire's motto; Live Free or Die. Indeed, they have no state income or sales tax, also, you can register your ATV and drive it on the road. We thought about moving back south, but honestly, I am just done with tornadoes, hurricanes and humidity. Yes, we get humidity up here, but only for a short time.


Is ahead. We (I say we because hubby is reading my notes to me as I'm typing the 100 page written notes.outline) are working hard to get the final paper done. It's just a lot, no excuses...it is what it is. So, that is where we are at. Not really wanting to move, but will have to move. Jobs are few and far in-between here, thanks to the shutdown and the governor listing all of us NON essential if you don't work in the health care or police/fire profession.

13 comments:

  1. Love the bell! That's great that your hubby is helping you with your paper. I'm pretty sure if it was me with my hubby...I'd strangle him before we were through. Ha! Just, as you always say, keeping it real!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bell. Wish you could record it for us so we can hear it too! The finish line is indeed in sight for you, so hold on tight. You can do this! You are blessed to have your hubby to proofread and help you get this done. That is so important. I can't wait to see where the Lord is going to lead you. NH or Maine are both great choices if you don't mind the long winters. I loved living there, except for the winter was just TOO long for me. Here, the summer is just too long too, but at least we have AC and I don't have to shovel humidity. LOL. Have a blessed day my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would think getting out of the snow belt would be a big plus!! Planning for the future ... enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So proud of you, good to see that finish line just ahead!! It would be nice to move out of hurricane country but I could never leave, it's home. Love your bell !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you find a job at a place you will enjoy living. I love that bell. I may get one for myself. :-) Have a good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I'd move to NH, southern NH has ocean borders, short ones, but who cares? They'd just like those from Taxachusetts to stay home because they love the perks, but want to drag their liberal philosophies with them. Yay for help with the paper. I know it's a huge job. That light is getting so much brighter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for sharing that link! It's sound is much deeper and more melodic than I'd have guessed. I hope it will bring y'all years of pleasure -- wherever it's hung.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your bell on FB. Very nice sound and look! Keep us posted on which state you end up moving toward. No more snow and ice for this girl but I know you don't mind it at all. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool bell! I have wind chimes and yard decorations all over the place, so, big fan of do-dads here too. Especially like things that make noise.
    Hey, ya gotta live where you're happy. Thank Heavens we have the internet so that friends are only a keystroke or phone call away.
    Love & Prayers

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the bell!
    Sounds like New Hampshire has a lot going for it, especially now.
    Good for Dave - he's been a great support and help through all this.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'd love to hear the sound of the bell. My girl got me wind chimes last year for Mother's Day and I love to hear them on the porch - hubby, not so much! smiles I know you're not excited about moving, but I'm excited for you - we get to go along for your new adventure! HOPE you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My son lives in New Hampshire. It looks beautiful where he is and we plan on visiting him this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)