Monday, April 20, 2020

Breaking House Arrest

Breaking house arrest yesterday. For the those of you who stay in regular contact with me, you know I'm calling this quarantine "house arrest". By the time we got out and about it was already cloudy and quite nippy.

my husband and our dog

Sans mask. We are not complying. We decided to just make a break for it and walk around the corner to the high school. While I was standing there (over 6 feet away mind you), I noticed there was a red pick up truck there and the people were watching and pointing. So, I turned around and starred and waved. This "tattle tailing" has to go folks. We don't live in communist China, period. By the way, a police officer did come by and waved at us. 


Son and husband. Happier times prior to entering Canada on foot. I am dreaming of those happier times when we were free from government nonsense.


Umm...grin...just my dry humor at work, grin.

18 comments:

  1. Quite the escape artist! Congrats... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOLOLOL. Bunk, we had had enough...period. Now if we can figure out how to escape NY without being stopped, then that will be a major feat. Our landlady shook her finger at us(she was watching from the window), but she was laughing. I think we all have gone bonkers, seriously. smiles

      Delete
  2. You, Rebel, you! *lol*
    Actually government oppression has always been there. They have only waiting for the best kind of made-up crisis they could think up to squash all that free thinking and enterprise. This must have been "it".
    Praying for us all.
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some down here are wearing mask, some aren't....I haven't heard of any consequences for those who opt out. I'm just ready for it all to be over. With my health issues I am being very careful, but I'm not fearful. Happy Monday!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Stabbing people is wrong." LOL

    Glad you escaped arrest. 🙂

    I haven't been out and about. Both kids say they have not worn masks, but are not opposed if it comes to that. I don't think they work terribly well. There are even studies showing that they don't work for operating rooms. CraZy.

    Bet it felt good getting out of the house. I have been to the bank once in five plus weeks. Going a little bonkers. 🤪

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you! I go out every single day whenever I can! This ridiculousness be damned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm out in our neighborhood everyday multiple times walking with my dog, but of course, I'm still working M-F too. Hubby and I pick up lunch out on the weekend & usually run into at least one store for needed items and also we go to church on Sunday, but it's just us as hubby records his sermon on FB live from the church. So we're out quite often but we try to be careful and not get to close to people and follow the rules our state has.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I am rebel at heart too! LOL! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nobody says anything about masks just to walk around outside here...and nobody wears them to do that. I haven't seen anyone yet, anyway. We went to Walmart today and we BOTH went in. For shame! LOL The employees did all seem to be wearing masks, but they aren't supposed to be letting customers in without them...businesses can face losing their licenses if they do. We only saw one woman without one. I guess they missed her? Or she told them she had a medical reason. The one thing I did notice was that people are NOT respecting the 6ft. rule...and it's the OLD people who are at risk! I heard a lady say excuse me so I turned around and she was literally right there, in my face and practically climbed over me to get her darn romaine lettuce. Our Walmart has finally gone to one way aisles. People mostly listened to that, but again the ones who didn't were mainly the OLD people. I only saw one guy (about our age) who was constantly sniping at people that they were going the wrong way or not keeping their distance. Geez, grow a set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy - LOL I had to laugh about your remarks on OLD people; I'm OLD myself and sometimes don't know which direction to go in . Thankfully, don't have to visit Walmart. Take care. Be safe.

      Delete
  9. "Entering Canada on foot" … lololol. I'm thinking of that closing scene in The Sound of Music and humming, "Climb every mountain …"
    Love that 'Motivation' meme.

    PS - Next time someone points and waves, what about pointing your cell phone that direction and take their picture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your friend above is talking about the song from the Sound of Music, "Climb every mountain", and it made me think about the song from there, "So long, Farewell, Auf Wiedersehen, Goodbye"...and I can just see you singing that as you leave NY! LOL. Glad you were able to escape if even for a little while. Don't you all have a dog that you have to walk? Is that allowed? I certainly hope so... Hang in there...I believe that good times are around the corner...so just hold on. You can do this. One step at a time. Praying for you here.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's all so weird. We live out in the country so we walk when we want, but last week we saw a snake. Eeeek! It was not wearing a mask.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad it isn't quite that bad here or I would be right there with you, breaking the "law". Keep on keepin' on!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Linda - I can comment again, what the what? It's me probably. Anyway, I'm glad you got out of prison for a little while. I had to go grocery shopping this morning, and maybe two people were wearing masks. And, what's funny to me? The ones wearing them see someone not wearing, and jump like they're gonna get the virus.
    Take care!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are a rebel! I sure hope this is done soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good for you fellow patriot rebel! If we fail to stand up we will fall!

    ReplyDelete
  16. My spouse and I try to get out each and every day, even if (like today) it's just a brisk walk around the block. Don't we all want to get back to normal? It is easier staying in when spring is still unsettled.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)