I'm getting a little of a late start this morning. I had gotten up early and then promptly went back to bed. Sigh...
Weather: 69* Sunny. No worries, back to near 90 today. Another faux fall day here in central Florida.
Drinking: finished a cup of French Roast with Italian Sweet Creamer.
Watched: A day of college football yesterday. And I did get caught up on some of my YouTube videos: Kirsten and Joerg, The Scottish Isle and some Charlie Kirk videos (are these young people really that dumb? The answer is blissfully ignorant more like it).
Made: sweet and sour meatballs yesterday. We snacked on them all day.
Did yesterday:
![]() |
| Halloween wreathe that no one sees, because we don't get visitors. |
Managed to get some fall stuff out.
The 2 Jacks are back as is the gnome, who remains nameless, because seriously, I can't think of a name.
It's a work in progress.
Frankly, I was thinking, why I bother.
My husband still has work on the outside of the house to do. That is if he can find the stuff🤣.
Thinking:
--Not looking forward to blood work done early tomorrow morning and having to pee in a cup. Which, I told her I was not going to do---and I am not going to do. Then the dr. appointment, still have not found a new dr. I'll tell you, as for the hundreds of dr.'s here in Marion County, the wait is ridiculous and the insurance rules even more so.
--What's for dinner? Hmm...haven't a clue.
--Still have ironing to do and grocery shopping today.
--Strangely, no hurricanes??? What's up with that? My husband said, "Hush your mouth!"😁🤣
I'm feeling...
Ready for cooler weather.
Just ugh over the housing market and how it hasn't really budged. Never did go see that house, btw, why? Because the realtor never got back to us. Yep...so sorry, Caldwell Banker, you're not getting my business. Onwards.
I'm enjoying...well, not really like all in it or anything, but transitioning into heartier meals and leftovers. Although it's still hotter than hades here.
Hmm...and I will leave with this thought...----it's just not Florida that has rules and regulations---While I sit on the fence about this, there have been a lot of firings going on since Charlie Kirks assassination. It clearly states in my contract what can or not be said and how our behavior as educators is upheld to a higher standard. The vileness coming from some people and especially educators, it's just plain awful. There have been several firings of educators here in Florida due to this.
Amen...
See you on the flip side. Have a great day.









Your Fall decor all looks nice! I am completely heartbroken about Charlie Kirk. What a loss of a wonderful Christian man, husband, father and patriot!
ReplyDeleteHave a blessed Sunday, Linda@
ReplyDeleteHi Linda! It's looking cute over there, I like your Fall decor. (I haven't started that yet)
ReplyDeleteGlad those people are being fired. It's just awful.
I have no doubt the sweet and sour meatballs were delicious.
ReplyDeleteI think your fall stuff looks so happy! Hopefully it will bring you a smile as you head out the door tomorrow. Hope those appts/blood word go well. Here's to a good (better) week ahead. I had no idea about the firings. Wow. Oh, by the way, really like your wreath on the door. Even if you are the only one who sees it. Enjoy it!!:)
ReplyDeleteYour bits of fall decor look wonderful, Linda. I need to take down the patriotic stuff this week and begin hauling out the fall stuff. I hope you Sunday has been peaceful and restful.
ReplyDeletePretty Fall decor. It's just too early for me but I get the excitement. Very nice.
ReplyDeleteAbout the Hurricanes: Yeah, hush 'yo mouth! 😁🤣 I'm enjoying the respite from terrible weather.
One of the 'good' things about the heinous act, at least a lot of Marxists are getting fired. They shouldn't even be in my Country if they hate it so much.
Hope the medical tests go well. The older we get, the more the doctor visits just seem to go on and on and on and on ... 😁
Love ya.
Beautiful decor, Linda! Now me thinks I NEED a wreath. I can't believe that realtor was a no call, no show. What, is he allergic to prosperity?
ReplyDeleteI know, we need at least a little tropical storm with some good rain to fill the pond back up, but I have to be careful what I say! We've never seen it this dry! If it wasn't pure muck, I could probably walk all the way across the pond. But I won't even attempt it. I did that once and learned my lesson really quick. Like quicksand out there! Anyway, this past week has been a bit depressing, and I don't get depressed, so that must tell you something! Praying for our country. I've never seen so many lost people out there...just totally lost without a clue.
ReplyDeleteI will be praying for you and your medical tests tomorrow. I know it's no fun, but we gotta keep them in business...
Your fall decorations are looking very nice. I do mine inside for us to enjoy. We don't have company either, unless our kids come over. But I enjoy the change of colors and seasons, so why not make it pretty for our own selves to enjoy? We need some cheer and joy these days!
Praying you have a good week ahead. (((hugs)))
I've put a little Halloween and Fall things out and about. We don't have trick-or-treaters come around, but they do a golfcart parade that is fun to watch go by (they hand out candy!). Hope your labs to well. I told my doctor I wouldn't pee in a cup, either. When she orders it, I just refuse. I'm in the process of changing primary doctors. My current one just doesn't pay attention anymore, to the point of not even looking at me... just at the computer. Gives me a lot of confidence. Not. Good luck!! Have a good week ahead, Linda! xo
ReplyDeleteI love your fall decorations, you do it because it looks nice and makes you happy. Oh, I went out for ice cream this evening, soft maple! It was SO good, but ha, it was getting so chilly as the sun was setting across the corn fields...brr. (This ice cream stand is closing for the season, it was the last day...the owners are smart, they head south for the winter:))
ReplyDeleteI think you bother because you are a loving person who values family and home and wants to make things lovely. It all looks great. I'd visit if I was near by and I'd love it. But I do know that feeling and I get disheartened too being all alone. I am up in the air on people being fired for an opinion. If they represent a business however, they need to watch their nasty attitudes for sure.
ReplyDeleteI agree, whole heartedly, with the firings of those who dare be so arrogant to speak out to "celebrate" the killing of Charlie Kirk...or anyone else for that matter! Linda, I hope you get some answers after doing bloodwork. Prayers for you, dear.
ReplyDeleteGrace & Peace,
Pam
Linda, I haven't decorated for Fall, mainly because my decorations are at the other house we are trying to sell (in a box, in the garage). But sometimes I wonder why we go all out for every season. Christmas is different, but who can keep up with all the other seasons? And it's so expensive! Anyway, I'm all about the people getting fired - especially teachers and anyone working with children. This is the problem with our young folks. They've been totally indoctrinated and now they think it's their job to murder someone for thinking differently than them. So yeah...you're fired if you say it's ok to kill.
ReplyDeleteBut on a lighter note...have a great week :)
I'm glad to see teachers let go for celebrating someone's death. What sort of message does that send??? What a world we are living in!
ReplyDelete