Thursday, September 11, 2025

Just sadness...

 ...Just sadness...what was anger, has turned in less than 24 hours to sadness. I was so sick to my stomach when my husband told me (I had called to tell him I was on my way home from work).


You know... I met him once...he was a fine young man. Just complete and utterly sad. Is this where/what we have come to, America? Killing your opponents? Just because you don't like what one has to say gives you the right to take a life? Just sadness. 


Today also marks 24 years. I remember where I was and what I was doing, do you? America, we have to get back to Patriotism, America, we have to stop this hate. You are better than this.

Full.Stop. See you all on the flip side.

13 comments:

  1. I just heard the news of his murder (thank you, no internet yesterday afternoon on). What a sad state our country is in! And yes Linda, America needs to do better. I remember where I was 24 years ago and will always remember the tragic event of September 11th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pure and utter evil. God will have the last say and one day every knee will bow and boy will some people be surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, we are feeling sick over here too. And angry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is heartbreaking. Such a wonderful young man full of hope for America. What a testimony he leaves in this world.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am just heartbroken at the callousness. I cannot believe it. It's horrible, and those who applaud it are broken inside, cold and broken. Hugs to you Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly put, Linda. I'm honored to count you as a like-minded Friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart isn't just broken, it's shattered, Linda. Charlie only wished for vigorous dialogue and debate. He would want us to carry on his legacy. So much sadness in this fallen world . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yesterday.. it was like a kick in the guts. The only comfort is that the instant he closed his eyes he opened them in glory. RIP Charlie... and America... what are you doing!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I am still in shock over this whole thing...yesterday's senseless assassination has made me just sick and so sad and also angry. Couple that with the memory of 9-11, and well, it makes me want to "go home" so badly...home to heaven...our final home, where there is no more sorrow or hatred or fear. Praying for our nation now, and for the Kirk family and all those who lost loved ones on 9-11 (our family included). I believe Jesus is coming soon. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was at home with the Famous Anonymous who was a year old. I was on the phone with friends who were in buildings by the towers and gave me a blow by blow. We worried about a couple of friends who worked in the tower and one who was a port authority officer . 2 of them died that day. Later we drove up the parkway and saw the smoke across the water. You could smell it too. America has been killing its opponents since its birth. I have a book called the Aurora about newspapers where they burnt their competition down, killed reporters and where political rivals shot it out in duels. We will never forget but we have as we tolerate more and more from the people who did these 9 11 deeds. Just my opinion but these are spiritual problems and the best advice is to "come out of her my people" and "have nothing to do with the works of unrighteousness". God bless us one and all. Sending hugs and love.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes, what happened to Charlie Kirk at Utah Valley University (a place I know well) is just sickening and heartbreaking. God bless our country.

    ReplyDelete
  12. IMO this looks like a state sponsored assassination, rather than a shooting motivated by political animosity. Well trained sharp shooter assassin kills with one shot from distance then vanishes, this is no John Q Public worked up over politics.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Terrible, terrible news and I hope they find the person who did it. Terrible.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)