Sunday, September 28, 2025

Currently Sunday...

 A good morning to you. I hope this post finds each of you in good spirits.

Currently Sunday...

Weather: 74* & 98% humidity at 8:45 am. It has not cooled off. It's sunny, but the sky is looking a little weird. Calling for rain later.

Watched: What did we watch?🤷‍♀️ Probably some home shows, oh, houses for sale on Florida's coasts and then college football last night.

Listening to: Not much. All is quiet. Not even birds outside, nothing. Odd

Loving: I bought some Bluebell Grooms Cake ice-cream. I really need to watch that intake, as I am lactose intolerant. Gosh, that stuff is good.

Thinking a couple of things:

--while driving out to the World Equestrian Center yesterday, why continue to call Ocala the Horse Captial of the World? We were discussing this yesterday. Farms are being bought, and neighborhoods are being built at lightning speed. At nearly 480,000 population something, the projection is a million by 2027. And it's getting to be unaffordable and uncomfortable.

--my husband and his one surviving brother were on and off the phone last night-which has become a weekly thing...Thinking Thanksgiving plans, kind of up in the air because not sure if or when hubby will have surgery--before or after the holiday. He has to meet with the dr. that Monday before. ANYWAYS, thinking about making that 5 hr. trip to Georgia. His brother wants us to move closer...sigh...frankly, I have a good job etc. and I l like being close to the beach... ANYWAYS--that is what we are discussing...visiting for a few days. My husband's niece and her family moved to Dalton, and we will see them too. His family are making their way -moving south. They are all tired of the NY taxes and political environment.

**and here we go again...talk, talk, talk about moving. NOT

***on that note, thinking it's time to getting away for the weekends. Thinking how we can swing seeing dear friends in Patterson...didn't realize how far stretched Georgia is.

****Since when did it become so unaffordable etc. to just live/survive?

Feeling:

...and that is always the thought, right? Just tired and not going to do anything...and prob. not even the pool. Looking out the 3rd bedroom window and the sky is just weird. Sunny, but grayish/purplish.

Keeping an eye on: those storms. Looks like they will skip by us.

Might make...a loaf of orange and cranberry bread today. Yes, I know, it's hotter than hades. LOL On that note, what's for dinner? LOLOLOL

Celebrating: Not much...thinking about the holidays. Wish I could say cooler weather.

Making me smile:


...and can't really afford to not work, LOL.

Wishing you all a beautiful day...Peace Out.

10 comments:

  1. OH, I hope you can take a little trip to GA and visit family in the fall. It's so beautiful and cooler up there, and it will lift your spirits. Praying for your hubby and his surgery possibilities. I know, that storm is probably going to just scoot on up the coast past us, but I sure hope we will at least get some good rain to help our pond out. I hope you enjoy your day of rest. And yes, those horse farms...I remember back when all of the west side of Ocala and up where I-75 goes was all horse farms, and they were so beautiful. It's a shame how they are letting the population overrun the natural beauty of Florida. I remember when "The Villages" was nothing but orange groves and cow pastures. Now look at it. And it keeps on going and going and going. I just hope it doesn't come all the way up here! LOL. Take care. I gotta get to church now. bye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Get that family of yours to move further south. You two need to come and check out Lakeland. Seriously. State jobs can transfer....

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like your brain has much to think about. I really dislike the unknown when it comes to scheduling medical related things. It makes it tough to plan things. Thinking of you, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda. Yeah, I don't think I would want to live in NY either, and I understand why people would want to move. For me I have decided to stick to living in red states with the current state of the world. Glad you have a good job with pay, benefits etc. That is important, especially if and when you want to retire. I hope you can relax and have a good Sunday. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for filling us in with your latest news, Linda. Enjoy what's left of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a lot of big decisions. Praying for clarity on those decisions.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Regarding your thoughts on our town being The Horse Capital of the World, yes, we can't help but wonder about that with all the new construction of homes replacing the horse farms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Much much to think about and decisions to be made. It might be nice to be closer to family...just a thought. I know the Lord has the perfect plans for you all. Prayers that peace about these decisions will come soon...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shug just took the words out of my mouth! Sometimes all the options can feel a little overwhelming, can't they? You and Dave make a great team, and I've no doubt you'll arrive at a solid decision in your own good time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know y'all were the horse capital! I know that we were so surprised by all the farmland we saw in Florida (many years ago). I guess I just thought of Florida as the beach :) It sounds like you're about to enter one of those phases of life where changes might be on the horizon. Just when you think you're settled...the plans change. But it's usually a good thing. Look for the open doors and trust where the Lord is taking you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)