Good morning...So...Currently
Weather...75* at 9 am. Humidity 90%. Another warm one on tap.
Listening to...hubby talk. He wants to go look at cars today, as in, want to trade in my SUV in as the warranty is up. SIGH
Watching...nothing. We came home from dinner last at 8:30 and I went straight to bed. I was exhausted.
Not Loving...Straight from the governor's office. We all have been told to watch our social media. Yes, folks are being fired for even posting about recent events. I will be deactivating FB as of today. I will keep it, unfortunately, I am not allowed to post anything or like etc. But I will keep it for the IM.
Feeling...
Blue
Thinking...
--How good that Tiramisu Martini was last night with pizza. I don't normally drink. But, due to recent events at work-can't talk about it-I needed a drink to soothe the nerves. And I did pay for it dearly, knowing better to have a drink.
--What a sad state of affairs we are in where folks, gvt. officials, etc. are being threatened etc.
Celebrating-nothing
Going hmm...
Hubby had a fire in the backyard the other night and it set off a glow in the kitchen window. It was spooky. It lit the kitchen up.
View from another window.
Enjoying... The bossman came in and cleaned house so to speak, not allowed to discuss it.
As my late son would say, Peace out.




There is an alternative:
ReplyDeleteGet a new e-mail address.
Make up a fake name.
Open a new FB account.
Friend us all back.
Many of my friends do that all the time but not because they are controversial but for other reasons.
Good luck on the new car search! Glad it's not me. I don't ever wanna go through buying something new again.
Love ya.
I'm not sure that losing Facebook is a big loss but I'm sure it is annoying for you having to watch everything you say or do. Good luck with finding a new car.
ReplyDeleteYour kitchen window is lovely.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea Sparky has!
ReplyDeleteI'd love to try a tiramisu martini. Some days are like that ... ya they are.
Choosing faith over doubt is harder some days than others, but it's definitely the right choice to make. Hebrews 11:6, "Without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to Him must believe that He exists and that He rewards those who earnestly seek Him." I quote this to myself often.
ReplyDeleteI like Sparky's idea!
ReplyDeleteI hope the car search goes well.
Oh geez! I just hate all of this for you. I understand all too well having to follow a code of ethics, etc. from my education days. It must have stuck with me because I just don’t post much on social media anyway. 😁🤣 I like Sparky’s suggestion. I have a friend that does this, but only because she doesn’t want to accept a bunch of friend requests from everyone she knows. I love the way the flame from the fire lit up your kitchen window! That film covering is beautiful! 🤩
ReplyDeleteI love the glow from the fire through your windows, Linda. Having to watch what you say, write, do, or respond is nerve wracking and a big pain. It was one of the reasons I never joined FB because parents wanted to friend you and if you refused (like you were trying to keep your personal and professional lives separate), they went to the principal or higher up. I do remember there was a clause in your contract that you would be held accountable for professional behavior/code of ethics during your contract hours and to a limited degree, outside your contract hours.
ReplyDeleteHard times, for sure. Glad you weren't "cleaned out"!! Sending a hug! xo
ReplyDeleteHi Linda! It's kind of exciting to look at new cars, but I hate the whole process of buying one. You always have a lot going on at work. It keeps life exciting, that's for sure!
ReplyDeleteI do not like it, not one little bit. Hugs to you!
ReplyDeleteHang in there, Linda! You are a strong woman.
ReplyDelete