Wednesday, September 3, 2025

Hodgepodge into Wednesday...

 Good morning, I forgot about the Tuesday Meme and will get to that in a day or so. Until then, it's the


1. Next Sunday is Grandparent's Day. Share a favorite memory, photo, recipe, or something you learned from a grandparent. 


My grandmother made the best Sarma (rolled cabbages or grape leaves stuffed with hamburger or ground lamb and rice). Fond memories...

2. What's a quote from a book (besides The Bible) that has stayed with you?


 

3. What's your number one food pet peeve?

Folks who talk with their mouths full. Ick, no one has time for that. LOL

4. What's one thing about you that is still the same as it was when you were young?

I am brutally honest, have been since I was 10 years and went to jail and the morgue, scared straight by my dad for lying and forging his name on a 5th grade test that I failed. That was 48 yrs ago, and I remember it like yesterday.

5. September is National Preparedness Month...does your family have an emergency plan? Yes, because we do live in hurricane alley. Do you have some sort of preparedness kit you keep on hand? Yes, we each have "bug out" bags, full of stuff and yes, they do weigh a ton. If so, tell us one thing that's kept there. MRE'S, other survival things.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 


So, "Unknown" is back. Seriously, get a grip on reality, sweetie. You might want to get some crayons and go in the corner for a while. I have told you a million times, since you won't leave a name or email, I will not post your comments. P.S. I will not post it anyway, because you suffer from TDS and won't stop saying Hitler. 🤷‍♀️

Have a great day!!!

13 comments:

  1. I guess we do have a preparedness bag but it needs to be updated. Sorry for the anonymous commenter. I agree it's best not to give them too much of a platform. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a childhood memory! Ugh, I hate these rude commenters. No need for that. I am stopping over from the Hodgepodge. Hope you have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think one of my first visits to your blog was Sarma related, Linda. I didn't know what they were and you emailed me about them. They look delicious. Do you periodically go through your 'bug out' bags? I simply don't understand these people who hate (and yes, hate is the word I am using here) our President. It is mind boggling to me. And on that note, I hope your day goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh my! regarding the unknown. I do the same thing Linda. I've had some nasty comments lately (one was regarding my youngest daughter in a bikini....um...perhaps the person was jealous of her muscled toned ballerina body??) so i simply hit delete and have made it known MANY times on my blog that i will NOT accept unknown or anonymous comments. It's cowardly IMHO.

    LOVE your answer to 4. YIKES girl!!

    Love your quotes .....SMILE!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And that's why we have comment verification, right?
    Good quote!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum to the Sarma, I love how we have those memories of food that our grandparents used to make.
    Eek! Being scared straight sounds terrifying but it sounds like it worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my word! What a life lesson you learned early on! That must have scared you like crazy! Your dad did not play!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ever since the pandemic, we have been stocking up on items with long shelf lives just in case. You are smart to have those go-bags ready in case you have to evacuate from a hurricane. Have a blessed day, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl...I know you were scared to death...something similar to this happened to our oldest daughter when she was in 7th grade. Sam was on the school board and he got a call that she and others in the class had cheated on a test. He went straight to the school and to here classroom and made her apologize the the teacher then to the principle. It was an embarrassing moment for her but we never had another issue. Hope you have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well Bless Your Heart too Linda!!! Hope you're having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. "Scared straight", yep. That story left such an impression on me since you first shared it. Whew! I had my first experience with "unknown" last week. These trolls need to get a life!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I would say bad manners at the table, such as chewing loudly or talking with food in your mouth. Yuck.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I enjoyed visiting your Hodgepodge, Linda! Your grandma's sarma looks/sounds good! Do you make them? Happy Thursday!! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)