Good morning, another swampy day here. Thanks, Joyce, for another fun Hodgepodge.
2. What's one thing on your real or proverbial autumn bucket list?
3. Apples, pumpkins, sweet potatoes, butternut squash and cranberries are some of the top fall foods. Which one is your favorite and how do you like it prepared? Any on the list you don't eat? Which one have you had most recently?
I like all of them...apple pie, turnovers, pumpkin pie, pumpkin yogurt, sweet potato casserole, baked cranberries with cinnamon, cranberry relish, squash with spaghetti sauce, all of it.
4. 'Fall is proof that change is beautiful' is a popular sentiment. Would you agree or no? Elaborate.
Be the change. Period. Change in attitude is everything. Just saying.
5. Is there a spot near you where people go to see the leaves change color? Will you try to leaf peep somewhere this fall? Lonely Planet lists the following ten places as the best for leaf peeping...of those listed which would you most like to visit?
Stowe, Vermont~Shenandoah National Park, Virginia~Columbia River Gorge, Oregon~Zion National Park, Utah~Tennessee/North Carolina border~West Virgina~Northwestern Wyoming~Wisconsin Northwoods~Northern Nevada~Ozark Highlands Scenic Byway, Arkansas
I've been everywhere but Wyoming...and would love to go again. Would love to see Wyoming and Montana. But honestly, I love the Hudson Valley.
6. Insert your own random thought here.





I'm with you regarding change. That's a great quote by Stormie. I once led a small group based on one of her books about a praying mom. It was eye opening for all of us who had teens at the time!
ReplyDeleteYAY for Autumn in the Adirondacks....we get a LOT of leaf peepers up here from all sorts of states. Yesterday I saw the following cars on the road heading north: Utah, Indiana, Tennessee, Florida. I have been to Stowe VT and it's STUNNING. Summer and Autumn are my fave in VT. And on my bucket list is hiking in the Shenandoah National Forest. Enjoyed your answers and Happy Humpday!!
I can believe that people can't read a map. One, it isn't taught in schools any longer (other than the basics of N, E, S, and W and can you find the USA on a map/globe). With most people using cell phones and GPS, those people are not using maps for travel or from going to unknown places. I'm not a fan of pumpkin pie, but love many other pumpkin baked goods. I had sliced apples for breakfast. Have a good day, Linda!
ReplyDeleteThe Hudson Valley is especially beautiful in the fall. I love cranberries too and have a good recipe for a cranberry orange bread that is delicious. I try to buy cranberries and freeze them for baking since they don't seem to be available for very long. Wyoming and Montana are on my list too. Have a good day!
ReplyDeleteOh, y'all have got to visit Wyoming! You talk about Big Sky country! Winters are absolutely brutal but when it's warm it's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThe weather is becoming for like Fall every day. Oh so welcome and very nice.
It is amazing how little these kids are learning in "schools" now. I blame technology and DEI hires. They've been deliberately dumbing down all of us for over 100 years.
Stay safe!
Love ya. ❤️
I'd love to visit a bunch of those places and I'm sure they are extra beautiful in the Fall.
ReplyDeleteI can read a map! :) But I think your class would be very interesting, and I wish kids were taught those kind of things nowdays.
There is so much to love about this season, it is hard to pick just one thing and the food is so good! Apple pies are my favourite!
ReplyDeleteI think I can read a map but I don't know much about Latitude and a Longitude. I sure I must have learned about it in school.
I think it's cool that your students actually enjoyed the lesson on longitude and latitude, Linda. Have a wonderful day!
ReplyDeleteYour list on number 3 all sounds so good. I too would love to go to Wyoming and Montana. I know that both of these states are full of beauty....
ReplyDeleteWood smoke and leaf mold ... yes, please! Thanks for the nod to Jimmy Buffet; I'm enjoying this evening's earworm!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun class to teach!! Awesome! I love your change meme. Truth!! xo
ReplyDeleteI've never had pumpkin yogurt. Enjoyed your answers.
ReplyDelete