Good afternoon...busy, busy, busy here.
Joining in on the Currently...so, Currently Mid Saturday Afternoon...
Weather: 93*, real feel 103*, cloudy at 2:45 pm. Humidity is not too bad at 54%. Still hot though.
Today... We left the house early and went to the bank, haircuts, Walmart for household things and then Aldi for grocery items. Got back around 12:30 and have been in the pool (the clouds started to roll in).
Thinking...1. I was not very happy when I walked into the hair place/barber and did not see my guy. And was told he up and quit (oh no!). My husband started talking to the female barber that took his place (just because she had a Roll Tide t shirt on😉)---well, lo and behold, So, she said, "Are you Ms. Linda and will you give me a chance? Because Mac had left explicit directions on your hair." My husband, "Linda! She is from Tuscaloosa! AND she was born in Lockport, on a reservation, and she is Native American, near Buffalo and she knows all about Moundville (near Tuscaloosa)!" (which means, according to him, that is ok, because we lived in Tuscaloosa for 19 years and near Buffalo for nearly 9 yrs). My goodness, my husband will talk to a tree, if you let him🙄. Let me tell you, this girl, she has piercings and tats everywhere and I am like....yeah...noooooo...but I relented, because she has this crazy kindred spirit, when she started about her culture and her dad that just passed and her beliefs. Ok...anyways, she did stick to Mac's directions but also added her own style/edginess in and she shortened to just above my collar. Voila, she asked did I want it styled, no, because I knew I was going in the pool. She said, "Will you come back next month?" Maybe because I had my mouth hanging open by what she did. Yep, see you next month. She was smiling ear to ear. So, there you go, NEVER EVER JUDGE ANYONE BY THE WAY THEY LOOK. 👍👍
2. Thinking...about something the bossman said yesterday...how I am in great demand and people want to snatch me up--and here we go again...change is a coming...just ride the train, Linda, ride the train. It's going a hundred miles a minute and I am being stretched thin. My husband, "You knew this was going to happen when you had dinner with..."
3. Since I have been laying off the soda pop, my feet/arthritis hasn't been that bad...they hurt, but not as swollen etc.
I'm watching...I did last night watch Lottery Dream Home. I am getting ready to watch some college football in a bit.
Drinking...Aldi had some French Roast coffee. Yes, I know, I just bought Italian last week. But decided to try the French Roast. The Italian has been giving me a little bit of indigestion. So, anyways, drinking French Roast. Its good and so far, no indigestion.
Dinner...we went to Milano Italian Grille yesterday evening and so we have leftovers; pizza and antipasto.
Listening to...my husband is currently watching Antique Roadshow; the football game doesn't come on until 4. Also, the laundry is going.
Feeling...refreshed after being the pool.
Ok, now I am going to go be a sloth for the rest of the day. 😊




I've been a sloth all day (minus practicing my part for choir rehearsal tomorrow) and I"m ok with it. We finally got some rain!
ReplyDeleteOk NOW you need to show a pic with your hair style!! And yes...we should NEVER judge a person by how they look. Jesus certainly didn't.
LOVE that you have a pool...i'm coveting that. Although it's not too humid today and the temp is only 66 this afternoon as the rain cooled things down. It's just starting to feel like late summer/early Autumn here in eastern NY.
Oh boy...another change at work, huh??? Can't wait to read more....
HAPPY SATURDAY....I'm gonna continue to be a sloth and go pick up a chicken pesto pizza for dinner as hubby is away and then sit on the couch and watch a netflix movie. if i can find a good one.
I'm sooo glad that hair cut turned out to be a win-win! (Selfies, please?) We had great intentions of going out and about ... that came to nothing. No regrets!
ReplyDeleteRide that train, Linda ... woo-hoo!
Glad the haircut worked well, it's always scary! The last time I had someone new cut my hair who looked a little questionable it wasn't a good thing. Thankfully hair grows!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, I enjoyed your haircut story. Yes, I agree with you, don't judge a book by its cover. Great how you and she had so many things in common. I am in need of a haircut too. It will be in the 90's until Monday and then it drops to the 80's. We don't get high humidity. Enjoy the rest of you weekend!
ReplyDeleteSloth-mode. Amen to that!! Glad your new hair person did okay! Keep us posted on the work situation(s)... God is good!! xo
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad your new hair stylist worked out. I know how scary it is switching over to a new person. I remember being switched to my stylist and feeling so apprehensive, but I have been with her 20 years now! I'm glad you have that pool to relax in because work sounds so stressful. Makes you wonder why things have to be that way. Ugh! I'm glad, however, that you are having less inflammation. I know every little bit of relief from that helps. Hope y'all continue to have a good, relaxing weekend!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness, love love love that your new hair cut lady aced it! You're right, can't judge a book by the cover. I remember years ago, when one of my little girls was two years old and went missing at an outdoor symphony/concert as a storm rolled in, terrifying, and this one guy, looked a bit sketchy to say the least, was the absolute kindest, most helpful fellow...it really judged me. Glad you like your new haircut. Also, the pool, ahhh, I am a teeny bit jealous, it's so chilly here already, pools are cold up here now. I am so glad you have one now though...:)
ReplyDeleteI like the younger hair stylists with some edge to them. Doesn’t bother me because there was a time I was like them - sans the body piercing and tats! Well my ears are pierced but that doesn’t count. I’m going in next week for a haircut.
ReplyDeleteOooooo, it's always scary to try a new hairdresser! I wish you would show us a picture, but totally get if you don't want to. I have a husband who talks to everyone and will know someone's life story (or tell them ours) in about 5 minutes. Uggg.
ReplyDeleteSorry your hair guy up and left, but glad he left directions for his replacement and that she seemed to do a great job. It sounds like you were able to get your errands taken care of along with a bit of pool time, Linda. Hmm, another change or addition to work! I hope it is a positive one. Happy Sunday!
ReplyDeleteIt's wonderful to find a hairdresser you can trust, Linda. Glad this young one came through for you. And you're so right - don't judge a book by its cover. Have a great rest of you weekend!
ReplyDeleteHi Linda! So glad you found a good hairdresser! It's good you feel refreshed after time in the pool. I hope you have a good Sunday and I will see you again soon!
ReplyDeleteHurray for a good hairdresser! They are rare. I would have had trepidation about letting a freak show cut mine too, so, don't feel bad about that. She's just terribly broken and needs Jesus (we all do too).
ReplyDeleteBig hurray for giving up soda pop. The more we give up sugar, the better our health gets. I'm an addict too. I know how hard it is to walk away from the sugar addiction. Proud of ya.
Love & Prayers ❤️