Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Tuesday Meme

Joining in with the Tuesday Meme.


It's all about Food.

1. What do you have for breakfast? What can you recommend?

I usually have 2 lightly fried eggs and toast. But in the winter time or when the weather gets chillier, I like Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat.

2. What is your favorite meal of the day and why?

I don't have a favorite. But I do like dinner as we all still sit at the table and have our meal. It's summer, so that means we are more lenient with meals-but we still sit together.

3. Tell us about your typical lunch or dinner.

It's summer, so truly we have plenty of "free nights" where no one wants to cook so we all each have something different or whatever we can find. Usually for lunch its a sandwich. Sundays is the day when we do cook or BBQ. Come fall there will be plenty of crock pot or casseroles. I hate heating up the kitchen in the summer as there is no central ac here.

4. Were meals different growing up or do you continue much as your mother did?

I continue the Sunday dinners, other than that, no big meals during the week, again, because its summer and there is no ac in the kitchen and we all refuse to stand back there and cook.



33 comments:

  1. I'm ready for Fall to get here! I am ready for chili and soup weather!! And crockpot meals!! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so over summer, Jodi, lol. Have a great day, friend.

      Delete
  2. We keep things pretty simple in the summer too. Actually now that it's just hubby and I we keep things pretty simple year round. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have a great day Cathy, I get it/summer etc., LOL.

      Delete
  3. Same as me for breakfast...although I poach my eggs... and I eat oatmeal all year round. I love diiner too as I get to spend it with MrD. And the only meal I really continue from my mother..is the Sunday Roast... which were amazing. Mum worked full time.. and didnt have time to cook.. Dad was great tho
    Phoebe x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ((Phoebe)) smiles. I like poached eggs too, smiles.

      Delete
  4. Finally a non-political post that I can comment on! We keep meals much more cool and simple in the summer too, it's just too hot to eat heavy. Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OHHHHHHHHHHHH I am trying very hard Martha to keep it non political. smiles. Have a great day friend.

      Delete
    2. It's no biggie Linda, it's your blog. you should write whatever you feel like writing about. I just want you to know that I do always appreciate the sweet comments you leave me, and I always respond. I just can't always repay the visit. Enjoy the rest of the week :)

      Delete
  5. We tend to more simple fare in the summer, too. I wish we still ate together at the table, but with Tim getting home so late he just doesn't want to. I don't believe either of my kids' families sit at the table. I think we've lost something as a society with that change. Sigh.
    Have a blessed Tuesday, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When my son was little, his friends use to ask why we sat the table as a family, why not? That's when we all can catch up on whats going on etc. ANYWAYS--I get why folks don't etc.

      Have a great day, friend.

      Delete
  6. Nothing like a good burger on the grill! Yum...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, that is one thing my husband can not do (personally, I think he doesn't want too)--no, wait, chicken breasts on the grill too...I dont know what it is--he likes to cook thinks raw or with pink. I end up cooking my own hamburger or chicken breast.

      Delete
  7. I have been looking forward to vegetable soup in Autumn! Sandwiches, salads and fruits are easy and quick during these hot summer days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, Mildred...I agree. smiles Have a beautiful day friend.

      Delete
  8. I tend to not cook in the summer unless it's something really simple! I have used my slow cooker once or twice though! I am not ready for summer to be over! Fall is nice but it just leads to winter which is not so nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we have used the crock pot a few times too...now, listen, we all know I am not a summer girl, LOLOL.

      Delete
  9. I had zucchini bread for supper...my sister baked one morning, but I don't bake on hot, humid days like this summer has been. I had peanut butter toast for breakfast, juice, and coffee. What is wrong with this diet? Inquiring minds want to know! How good that your family still gathers for the main meal of the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing wrong with it, Vee. I am not a big peanut butter eater, so, jelly or preserves with butter on toast for me, grin.

      Delete
  10. I like something sweet for breakfast; whatever is in the fridge for lunch and then dinner is cooked most every night with different menus. Our cook, Murphy, comes up what it will be. I am ready for fall - not so much winter tho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like your son Murphy, never met him, but I like him, big grin. I am looking forward to fall and winter, Linda, grin.

      Delete
  11. LOVE that you still make it a point to sit together for meals. I think all that went out the window when I left home. Except when we're having company, Tom and I just eat at the breakfast bar. I don't think either of us dare turn on the oven until the weather cools considerably; that's why I like the slow cooker and InstantPot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh the breakfast bar is ok, grin. Have a beautiful day friend.

      Delete
  12. We do have central air and it is too hot to cook in the summer sometimes. I totally get it. Loved your answers. Have a nice Tuesday.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

  13. I have coffee for breakfast because I'm not a breakfast eater.
    We have central a/c, so it's no problem to cook.
    My husband made breakfast burritos this morning (he likes to cook).
    We will have these for lunch today.
    I enjoyed your answers.
    Have a great Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do miss having central ac, smiles. Have a great day, friend.

      Delete
  14. Eating Keto, our meals are 180 degrees from what we both grew up on and we're so much healthier and slimmer now. That carbo crap was killing me with spiked sugar levels and heart disease. I plan to never go back.
    We're having a Keto Chicken Carnitas tonight. Low carb's. Can't wait!
    Love y'all very much. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Umm. that sounds good, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love cream of wheat! Haven't had it in a long time, however. I've never been a huge oatmeal fan, but I do try to eat some in the winter. I like to add fruit to it. I don't like to bake in the summer because our gas stove really heats up the kitchen with the oven on. But when I have overripe bananas I bake banana nut bread and we eat for breakfast. I put cream cheese on mine. I forgot about that when I wrote my blog. Oh well, I think I wrote enough stuff. Have a happy rest of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have refrigerator oatmeal or boiled eggs for breakfast, tuna salad, yogurt or cottage cheese for lunch and a variety of things for supper.
    I'm not ready for Fall, because you know what comes after that!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Linda. I get tired of coming up with dinner every night. I usually plan for Sunday dinner and then make sure I have things in the fridge so I can "fly by the seat of my pants" the rest of the week. See you again tomorrow. I enjoyed our online chat this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fun questions again this week. At least once a week we "just pick" for dinner... whatever we can find. Stay cool up there!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)