Joining in with the Sunday Stealing, stealing from Terri. Grin
1. What makes it easy to talk to someone?
It use to be a welcoming smile, but, now with the mask mandate...I am afraid we are all strangers now. However, with that said, since I have taken to wearing the Trump 2020 mask just on my mouth now, quite a few commenters and whispers now who support Trump 2020. I would say also, A LOT of silent majority folks who are afraid, thanks to the cancel culture.
2. Have you ever had a great conversation with a complete stranger?
Yes. The other day while at the store, there was a mom with 4 daughters/little girls, all in stepping stone age. The cutest thing I have seen in a long time. Anyways, the little girls had the cutest princess masks on. I commented to the mother (btw, she was having a hard time trying to control these 4 little girls). Of course, the little girls were chatter boxes. Sometimes, you just got to stop and make conversation with a complete stranger.
3. Do you like to argue?
No.
4. Some people like to talk about things, and some people like to do things. Which are you?
Do things. Right now, I refuse to discuss politics with the bleeding heart liberals. No saving them.
5. Who is easier to talk to – men or women?
Probably 50/50.
6. What is your favorite place?
Probably home. But the library (which remains closed, btw) is a close second.
7. What is your favorite place in your home?
Around the dinner table.
8. Would you most want to live in a city, a suburb or the country?
At this point because of the situation going on and transients moving from the city-I say country. I have had enough of the Defund Police and BLM thoughts.
9. What is special about the town you live in?
It use to be the non crime; one could leave your car keys in the vehicle, doors unlocked and so on. Can't even porch sit for long without being bothered by a Karen.
10. How much time do you spend in nature?
Probably not as much as I use too, it has been so hot and humid here since April.
11. Do you make up a dinner plan for the coming week?
No.
12. Do you make up a grocery shopping list and stick to it when shopping?
Yes and sometimes. Somehow, cookies always find their way into the cart. They magically jump in or show up at the checkout. LOL
13. What is one thing that you always buy, but never write down on a list?
Cookies, again, they magically end up in the cart.
14. Is there anything that you always think you are out of and come home with it to discover you already have a year’s supply on hand?
Yeah...we shouldn't talk about this. One would think since we have been here for 7 yrs, one wouldn't shop like we lived in Alabama; 20 miles away from the store. I also have to say, the store shelves are back to being bare and its scary.
15. Do you get your groceries delivered?
No, but I do have my mother in-laws delivered. I thought I was teaching her a lesson, nope. She has taken full advantage of this. I have since cut down her shopping to twice a month now. She doesn't get that it cost $10 for delivery and since the court approved it, we also get paid. But she doesn't get it...no sense in trying to save money. Her taxes are coming up next month; $1,850 county taxes. She's in a for a rude awakening-her groceries won't be much. We keep telling them, but both are in denial about the 150% increase in taxes (and for that matter, Cuomo is lying through his teeth too, as he has been on the news stating taxes aren't going up).


No break here as far as hot weather this year..... and dry. Heavy rain either to the east or west of us. But the a.c. is good so making the best of it. Not much of anywhere to go anyway with the "almost" lockdown. We can go out but not overnight. No one allowed in still...
ReplyDeleteI don't have a dinner plan either, we just wing it.
ReplyDeleteI don't like to argue either.
I enjoyed your answers.
Have a great Sunday my friend.
$1,850 for County taxes!? DANG!! How can anyone afford to live there!? I won't complain about our $735 anymore. At least we have 6 1/2 acres. Yowza.
ReplyDeleteWe don't plan our meals either. It's more fun to have the food in the freezer and that morning decide what we'd like to have. And grocery lists are mostly just what is needed. Might see something at the store that we just gotta try! *lol*
Hope your day is happy no matter what. It's almost Fall you know. *grin*
Prayed for y'all especially this morning on my 1 mile walk. Could ya feel it?
Love & Prayers xx
Trump 2020 mask? WHERE CAN I GET ONE, too? Tom's such a label reader and 'squeeze the produce' kind, I can't envision him ever going for on-line grocery shopping. Happy Sunday!
ReplyDelete#10... might as well come to Florida!! (wink)
ReplyDeleteNJ Taxes going through the roof again as well and they are already the highest in the nation. It never ends. Politicians are criminals, every single one of them. I don't trust any of them. My mask has a red circle on it meaning I wear it under duress and not willingly.
ReplyDeleteI've been with my sister on a little get away this weekend. We were up in northern Michigan and ended up talking to some strangers. They were from PA and were telling us how many people they have come across on this trip that are against all the liberal hogwash that is happening and they are voting for Trump. This guy was wearing a MAGA hat which is how the conversation came up and what is making people talk to him about it. It was an encouraging conversation!
ReplyDeleteYou are brave to wear the Trump mask. I think we could wear one here without incident, but probably not in the cities. And yes, cookies always end up in the basket here too. Lately we have been splurging on the store bakery peanut butter cookies. They aren't cheap, but they are so good. I just finished eating one. I may go get another while I am thinking about it. Your tax increases are scary. That would be enough to make me want to move. We are blessed in Florida not to have any state income tax, and our sales tax and property taxes are pretty reasonable, depending upon where you live of course. Now, NH doesn't have any state income tax OR sales tax, except for entertainment/hotels. But their property taxes are pretty high to make up for it. I guess it all evens out one way or the other. But we loved not having sales tax when we lived there. I had to readjust when we moved back to Florida and had sales tax again. Your responses were good and I enjoyed reading them.
ReplyDeleteOh I thought covid was the reason we don't know what day it is. Gosh, I am going shopping tomorrow and I hope some cookies jump into my cart. 😏
ReplyDeleteSo sad that taxes always go up. I use to go to stores to do my walking but not with Covid, I am in and out as quickly as I can. It was 108 yesterday and in the 100's all week so no outside walking. I like to go to the library too but ours has been closed. At least I have my crafting to do.
ReplyDeleteI love these type posts 'cause I get to know you better! Cookies seem to jump in my grocery cart too. Have a good Monday!
ReplyDelete