Sunday Stealing from Terri because she was the first blog that popped up.
1. Name 5 people you admire and why.
In not any particular order:
Jesus Christ-for saving this wretched soul
Donald Trump-he's like the Energizer Bunny just keeps going. I often wonder how he does it with all the hate directed at him.
My husband-he sure puts up with me unconditionally
Caregivers-being a caregiver myself and being the responsible one is very hard.
Truth Tellers-I better leave it at there.
Been awhile...say 7 years ago when we drove 1,000 miles and 24 hrs to move here. It was only suppose to be 14 hrs, but we were driving a huge moving truck and pulling a car. We are so NOT doing that again---I mean moving ourselves. We will hire out, period.
Truthfully, when I had to have the emergency hysterectomy. I thought this was truly the end (laughing --well, it was not funny at the time). It dawned on me I was no spring chicken anymore and 50 was truly 50.
Finding a job. having financial freedom.
hmm...2020. I have had enough of the pinheads of the world.
Moving here. Look, I might complain a lot about King Cuomo, but NY has been good to us. We would of never been able to afford housing in Alabama or even health insurance. We were paying $850 a month in rent and no health insurance. Here, we pay $550 in rent and there are social programs for health insurance and other things such as HEAP for the winter heating (Home, Energy, Assistance Program). Yes, I am contradictory and own it.
We recycle bottles and cans. Good way to earn extra money too.
A lake house or a house somewhere along the upper East Coast. BAWHAAAAAAA ((grin))
Not being responsible
Air conditioning
Jesus Christ
-for the record, I don't believe in super heroes.
Whatever floats your boat, not for me.
13. If you could be anything else in the world, what would you be?
Don't know. I guess I am where I am suppose to be.
I think in high school
Bathroom, make coffee, sit down at computer for a while, shower, get around and face the day.
P.S. It's August 2, 2020 and I am still NOT "Woke". Just so you know, nor will I ever be. Or like my son says, "Yeah, I'm woke, from all the BS that is being peddled."


I enjoyed your answers today.
ReplyDeleteHave a great Sunday.
you too Gloria. smiles
DeleteInteresting answers and questions.... life rolls along... so done with 2020. Who would have ever thought it in January as we ushered in the new year... Five months into this and it is getting really old... :)
ReplyDeleteyep...very old...and I have a feeling, it will keep on.
DeleteI am not woke either and never will be I guess! I agree with your son!
ReplyDeletelol. thanks, Jeanette. Have a great day.
DeleteGotta admit, I had to Google 'woke' (*hanging head*).... yep, in some ways I'm still living under a rock with Fred and Wilma Flintstone. LOL! I so love your responses to #1 and can sure identify with #2. Altho' at the time it seemed more like a nightmare than an adventure.
ReplyDeleteYeah...I hear ya on #2, after like a few hours we pulled into TN (we got a real late start due to our moving help never arriving)and we spent the night. Next day up and at it, after like 12-14 hours, I was the one asking, "Are we there yet?" We had to stop in Ohio to get gas and our debit card wouldn't work (stupid Patriot Act-something about Moving trucks and such and there was a limit put on our card when we filled up in northern TN). ANYWAYS---finally after waiting for approval the ok for our card, we were on our way. We were not happy campers. 3 of us and a big dog crammed in a truck and only 2 of us could drive it.
Delete#4, for you, would make me VERY happy too. I'm sittin' on 'ready' for when you give the shout that something good like that has happened for y'all. I know it will. I keep praying (as others are doing) and God is always faithful.
ReplyDeleteWe're getting into the groove of attending a Methodist Church again. Sure miss the Baptist church, though. No offense to anyone please, but it all seems so lame compared to the 'fire' of worshiping with First Baptist Church. *sigh* We even had Communion today. That felt good.
I miss participating on FB. Parler is not nearly as much fun.
Love & Prayer to you all. xx
I hear ya on church. Which is not allowed here yet. On FB--I am tired of being censored, I also get tired of seeing posts that have bad language or whatever, I will email you my thoughts on that. grin.
DeleteCalifornia is really expensive! A one bedroom here goes between $900 and $1400 depending the age/area. All my family is here so I stay put. I am hoping you find a job and a nice home that you can make new memories in. Enjoy your week!
ReplyDeleteyes...I know how expensive. My husband was stationed in San Diego many years ago, we had to share a house with a Navy couple. Have a great week, smiles
DeleteI enjoyed your answers today - especially for #1. I'm not woke either! :)
ReplyDeletePS - nice background!
I am glad you joined in today! Fun questions... good answers! I hope you get that lake house! I will come for a visit... in the summer! Have a good week ahead!
ReplyDeleteYour moving trip sounds familiar...we've had some very similar experiences. Way too many to count in 51 years of marriage. I hope we are settled for good. I hope you will have your dream come true regarding where you end up. Don't settle for anything you don't really want. I wanted a house on the water, and we kept looking at houses not on water and even tho they were nice, they weren't what we wanted. I kept praying and finally when our house sold this one was available, on the water, in our price range. It was all in God's timing, and I was so thankful we had not settled for something less. So hang in there, pray and seek His face, and He will direct your steps. And yes, AC is a great invention.
ReplyDeleteLiked the questions and your answers. I do hope and pray you find that perfect job soon or if you are going to move, finding a job wherever you go. Hope you can do it before winter and bad weather. Have a good new week.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. Amen about 2020! Been a challenging year for all. Hope things improve soon so you can get your dream job. Glad to hear you are staying safe and well.
ReplyDelete