Monday, August 31, 2020

Some fall decorating...

 Yesterday was a beautiful day; low humidity and nice temps in the high 70's low 80's. So, decided to change out some things in the kitchen yesterday evening.


Of course the guys are like, "Why?"
 

Unfort. the pull down shade will have to remain until the heat/humidity subsides (no ac). 
Putting out some towels.


Yeah, don't look at the crayon marks on the metal cabinet. I don't have the heart to take them off.


Then changed out the curtain on the back door, sorry forgot to take a photo, it matched the kitchen window. Oh wait, here is an overview of the kitchen I found in my files.


anyways...


What's holding up the curtain/fabric?


Hair barrettes. My sister in -law use to work for Rubbermaid and use to give me boxes and boxes of hair things. Then she changed jobs and now works for the Kia plant in Georgia. 


26 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE the fall look for the blog. I'm thinking about doing my fall decorating, too. I just have to dig out the box it's all stored in. Happy Monday, Linda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stacy. I have to dig out the rest of it, lol.

      Delete
  2. Thanks Stacy, it/the design is out of my norm...not sure if I like it or not...I have more things to dig out of storage...and only if I can remember where I put the items. lol

    Have a great day friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is so cute! I love it and the fall decorations! I am going to do a little decorating today, but just a little. I am not ready to switch to mums yet in my yard. I am, but I don't have them yet. Have a great day! I am hoping to go get some blood drawn today and get that over with.

    https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori. We live in a 90 year old house aka "duplex" our landlady lives upstairs. We each have 3 bedrooms and 1 bath and we get the basement and backyard.

      Delete
  4. And you changed your blog for fall too. I love it! Love those towels on your oven door. Buffalo check is my fave! I use it year round in some aspect and even more in the fall and winter. I cannot imagine living without A/C....I am very much a wimp.

    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have 5 window ac's--but the kitchen, bathroom and laundry room are in the back of the house, no ac. I bought those towels last yr, I think it was Walmart, maybe it was Tractor Supply, can't remember.

      Delete
  5. It looks nice! That is very resourceful to use the hair barrettes and they are perfect for that curtain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jeanette, hope your having a great day!

      Delete
  6. Girl, I am so glad someone can get their fall on! I want too and then the heat about kills me and I can't hardly think about it because it's so hot! But maybe I just need a little inspiration. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, its warm, and a bit humid today, the backdoor is open, but the window ac's are on, lol.

      Delete
  7. That is the cutest little pumpkin beverage with your name on it. Nice September decorating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vee. While searching for ideas to make a siggy, I found that cup, smiles.

      Delete
  8. LOVE the new curtains, Linda! And what a novel idea, using the hair barrettes as fabric scrunchies! Not that you asked (lol), but I wouldn't touch those sweet crayon marks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myra. Hope your having a great day, friend.

      Delete
  9. It looks great on the blog and so does the kitchen!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're ready for Fall, alrighty. Looks good. I'm gonna wait a couple of weeks. The blog looks nice too. Hope it's cooling down for y'all now.
    Love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not really cooling down, usually middle to late Sept.

      Delete
  11. It always feels good to change things out. Just a little here and there can make a huge difference, especially in how we are feeling! I love the door curtain - brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, you inspire me to get busy and switch to fall decorations too. Maybe later this week. If it was a little cooler here I could get in the mood faster. I usually wait until after Labor Day to decorate, but since no one is coming for a picnic, we might as well decorate for fall! Your kitchen looks to pretty, as does your blog background. Lovely lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You know just how happy this makes me, right???
    I love love love your kitchen!
    And I love your fall decor!
    Chilly and dreary here. YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The blog looks great, the house is so cute! I'm planning to do a little Fall decorating tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking good Linda.... pretty... :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)