Saturday, August 15, 2020

Saturday Ramblings

 I forgot all about posting yesterday, so sorry. 

Yesterday was not a good day...oh I tried to make it a good day, unfort. the devil had other plans.

---Before even getting in the door at the dr. office there sat a contact tracer. Had to answer a lot of questions. Seriously, folks.

---Then finally let me in. What did I find? Signs on the chair "No sitting, social distance". Only two-four people allowed in. Yep. My asthma is off the charts due to the extreme humidity and mask mandates. Have to have some blood work done Monday and I will also get a second Antibody Test. Why? The first one came back Positive-I have the antibodies to fight off Covid, I had Covid (apparently last spring 2019 when I was deathly ill and no one knew what it was). We also want to make sure it wasn't a false positive. Apparently there are issues with testing. We are working to get my asthma under control -that's another story.

**Not my photo. Took it off the WWW.

---Let's see...got kicked out and banned from the thrift store. Why? My husband let his mask slip off his nose (he was sitting there waiting for me) he still had his mouth covered and I didn't have a mask on, even pointed to the signage; People who have trouble breathing or have breathing issues are exempt from wearing face coverings. The management was rude and nasty. Ok fine, yes, King Cuomo you have made a mess out of things with your mandates. Power has gone to peoples heads. 

The police were called, yep. They diffused the situation (I am quite sure they found it amusing-funny thing though-they were NOT wearing masks). Still banned though. It wasn't funny, but now:

AH! I got kicked out of a store! AWESOME SAUCE! Crummy store anyways, way over priced.

---by this time my husband had had enough, dropped him off at the house and I went to Wegmans had to pick up some items for dinner; Onion rolls and Sweet Potato Fries and then to Walmart to pick up my prescription for my inhaler. No problems there at either places. The dr. said, "Just show the inhaler at the door, and leave it at that." Fine...well, Wegmans doesn't have door police, so no problem. 

Yep...its official, 


17 comments:

  1. Yeah, it's a world gone mad. I think it's also a world waiting for the revealing of the Anti-Christ. People sure seem ready do give up their liberties for a false security. And now it seems, especially with a particular race not known for their smarts, that wearing a mask is now a fashion statement. They look ridiculous. That breaks my heart.
    I'm bone weary of the whole thing.
    Love xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I know...been wearing the Trump 2020 one, off my nose, just covering my mouth...let me tell you, the looks! AND many compliments.

      Delete
  2. Wish everyone could see the video of how ineffective masks are. It was shocking even to me. There's only one mask that is effective...one would look like a dragon wearing it. It protects the wearer from others, but not others from the wearer. It's nuts. It's political. A lot of people need some time at Shady Acres for rest and calm.

    Show your inhaler at the door...good idea. How interesting that you may have the antibodies... 🤔 Gives one pause, especially since I was also sick with some vile contagion from February into March of 2019. Lots of anecdotal stories about similar things. This mess is likely to have been around much longer than originally thought.

    Yes, get the asthma under control. You can't have been feeling great. A tracer at the doctor's office? Unbelievable. Is this stuff even legal? I thought we lived in the USA not China.

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, contract tracer at the dr. office and she was wearing a face shield and a mask! I'm like...what gives. The dr. said its either or not both and he told her that. Is it legal? According to King Cuomo it is.

      The Antibody test is a simple blood test, Vee...check with your insurance if its covered. ANYONE can request one because of the ongoing Covid issues. Sure, you will be put into a database of sorts, I already am because of my 0+ blood type. That is another story for another time. ANYWAYS...

      Asthma is no joke...and I wish these mask wearing nazi's would understand. Sometimes I have a minute to reach for the inhaler. Wearing a mask is not conducive to this. Summer humidity has been ongoing since April here. This has been the worse summer since we have been here, so it seems. AND I am so sick of rude comments; just stay in, order your groceries etc. I'm no prisoner and refuse to live like one.

      Delete
  3. Wow, you did have a bad day yesterday. Hoping today will be 100% better. This mess we are in is ridiculous and getting more so every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your problems at the Salvation Army Store. In answer to your question in your comment on my blog post, the face shield is just another layer of protection. The face shield cannot be worn instead of the face mask. I will wear both, if at all possible. It is kind of hot and steamy and hard to breath with both a mask and a shield. I think that opening up schools with that many kids and teachers so close together will be a disaster. I hope you can get your asthma under control. Stay safe and well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It must be different in Utah then...the dr. said either or here. But, since I can not wear either or because of the asthma right now...thanks Deb. I hope too to.

      Delete
  5. I don't see much change coming here in PA.... case numbers are up..College kids are back I guess... Onward we go..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Case numbers here are nil (always has been nil here in Hornell). College kids are back, flooding the stores here. I guess time will tell. Mark my words, King Cuomo is going to shut us down again...haven't really reopened yet.

      Delete
  6. Wow. Thank goodness it isn't like that here. The only door police are at the medical facilities. Stores and restaurants don't have them. Take care up there!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am in shock that they would ban you from their store...things are really getting out of hand and this is just the tip of the iceberg. I am sorry your asthma is so bad, but it is probably related to stress. I wonder why! Truly, you are in a difficult situation there in NY and my heart goes out to you. Like Terri D said above, it is much different here in FL. We are very thankful. Praying you can soon kiss NY good bye too. So sorry you had such a difficult day. (((hugs))) and if we were right there, I'd hug you for real...so there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hope today's been a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a good idea, to show your inhaler when you are questioned at the door to a store. Smile and go on without a word.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow ... what morons! Did they think you were going to bite them? LOL! When at the E.R. a few weeks ago one of the doctors who came to chat me up had a mask on -- only over his mouth. I was so fascinated by his nose (LOL), I don't recall even hearing what he said. Then, when Tom was picking up BBQ a police officer waltzed in with no mask, despite the sign on the door.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We headed east on Rt. 30 today and went as far as the Juniata Trading Post before turning around and coming back. Some places we went were a mix, some in masks and some not. Several places we stopped we found nobody wearing them so ours went off, too. There was only one place where everyone was wearing them and it was closer to home.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)