I See Love (2010)
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.
1) This is the theme from Mike and Molly, a TV show that ran from 2010 to 2016. Were you a fan?
Unfamiliar with this week's song. Hear it here.
1) This is the theme from Mike and Molly, a TV show that ran from 2010 to 2016. Were you a fan?
It was alright.
2) Molly was played by Melissa McCarthy. Today she's one of Hollywood's best-paid actresses, but when she began her career, she was barely scraping by. She recently recalled the time when, as a struggling actress, she was rejected at the ATM because it only gave out $20s and she didn't have even that much in her checking account. How often do you visit the ATM? Several times a week? Several times a month? Never?
2) Molly was played by Melissa McCarthy. Today she's one of Hollywood's best-paid actresses, but when she began her career, she was barely scraping by. She recently recalled the time when, as a struggling actress, she was rejected at the ATM because it only gave out $20s and she didn't have even that much in her checking account. How often do you visit the ATM? Several times a week? Several times a month? Never?
once a week.
3) When she was broke, Melissa couldn't afford blueberries and avocados. Now she savors them. When you're a few bucks ahead, what do you splurge on?
3) When she was broke, Melissa couldn't afford blueberries and avocados. Now she savors them. When you're a few bucks ahead, what do you splurge on?
Fruit & donuts. Right now, prices are up and things are so expensive. Have you noticed that ground beef is at nearly $4 a pound. Just saying. I also like shoes and purses...but we won't go there. LOL
4) Mike was played by Billy Gardell. He was working at a comedy club, cleaning the bathrooms and answering the phone. He used to crack jokes with other employees and finally one of his coworkers dared him to go onstage on "open mic night." A comedy career was born. Tell us about someone who pushed you to make the right move.
4) Mike was played by Billy Gardell. He was working at a comedy club, cleaning the bathrooms and answering the phone. He used to crack jokes with other employees and finally one of his coworkers dared him to go onstage on "open mic night." A comedy career was born. Tell us about someone who pushed you to make the right move.
My husband and son are my biggest cheerleaders.
5) On the show, Mike's best friend was his fellow officer, Carl McMillan. Carl was not especially motivated and still lived with his grandmother, well into his 30s. How old were you when you moved out of the house for good?
5) On the show, Mike's best friend was his fellow officer, Carl McMillan. Carl was not especially motivated and still lived with his grandmother, well into his 30s. How old were you when you moved out of the house for good?
I was kicked out at age 18 and was told to never return and I haven't. Which is why I am a different parent than my parents were.
6) Mike's and Molly's mothers are different as night and day and frequently did not get along. Have you ever had in-law trouble?
Yes. every single day. My mil has dementia, she is a severe diabetic, and she is also mentally ill, her husband (not my husbands father) has severe epilepsy and the court awarded us Conservatorship. I control their financial lives and hubby controls the rest. AND No, we don't get help from the other 5 kids or any other family member, they are all bitter, mean spirited etc.
7) This week's song was written by Keb Mo. He switches among several different guitars when he works -- electric, acoustic and resonator. Can you play guitar?
7) This week's song was written by Keb Mo. He switches among several different guitars when he works -- electric, acoustic and resonator. Can you play guitar?
Nope
8) In 2010, when this show premiered, Apple introduced the iPad. Do you use a tablet?
8) In 2010, when this show premiered, Apple introduced the iPad. Do you use a tablet?
Yes, just to play my Township game and to take photos.
9) This week's random question gives you an opportunity to brag: What's something you do better than most people?
9) This week's random question gives you an opportunity to brag: What's something you do better than most people?
I don't know...probably research. But truthfully, I'm a Jack of all Trades...just don't ask me to build a house or construction. So not my thing. lol
Lol. Have a great day folks.


Never heard of it! Have a great day Linda... winding down the summer.... :)
ReplyDeleteyou too Bunk...I sure hope summer is winding down. sigh.
DeleteI thought Mike an Molly as a cute show. I think Melissa McCarthy is a great comedic actress! She was so funny in Bridesmaids!
ReplyDeleteshe was...Have a great day friend.
DeleteOh geez! Ground beef! We are lucky that our in-laws raise cattle and they give each of their kids a half beef every year. That saves us so much money, plus it is good meat...no fillers. Loved your answers! Have a nice weekend.
ReplyDeletehttps://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/
we bought a 1/2 cow last spring was it? (can't remember) and we ran out of ground beef (we took mostly steaks and roasts)...anyways, yep on the price. I agree on the no fillers--fresh beef is so much better.
DeleteI can't believe how expensive ground beef is, it was once the cheapest meat you could buy, just crazy! I'm sorry you got kicked out at 18. I couldn't do that to my kids no matter what they did! Hearing stories of that happening to people just blows my mind.
ReplyDeleteIts ok Martha, it made me a strong person and I might add a bitter person at the same time, if that makes any sense.
DeleteI think we're playing $5-something for ground beef. Sure bites when I stop to consider that compromises 95% of my weekly diet. Oh vey, why couldn't I have taken after my mother and loved fresh fruit?
ReplyDeleteYep...I like it (fresh fruit) only in the summer though. I prefer blueberries, unfort. one can not get fresh fruit in the winter time up here. smiles
DeleteOur ground chuck has been at $4.99 a lb. for a long time. Sometimes they mark it down 50cents a lb. Ground beef is less, but so full of fat that I can't use it. Chicken and pork have been much more affordable during the pandemic. We do splurge on buying some cookies or a pie to bake or the cream kind to thaw and eat occasionally. Never heard of this show, but I don't watch much tv. I am sorry for the issues you have with your inlaws. I can imagine how difficult that must be for you. Praying for a reasonable solution when and if you decide to move. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteThanks Pamela...been online most of the day looking for jobs, places to live, etc.
DeleteI've not heard of that show, but I'm not known for being "with it". *lol*
ReplyDeleteMy forte is genealogy research and finding people. Gotten kinda good at it. Oh, and I'm known as the local Dog Whisperer. Dogs are my favorite critters.
Love xx
If I seem to remember, Spots loved you, smiles (when y'all visited the farm house). Gosh, that was a long time ago, smiles.
DeleteHey, I happen to know for a fact that the unicorn knows what he's talking about! LOL Yes, prices are out of control. It's not enough that the big chains have cornered the market since everyone else was shut down, but they're gouging us, too.
ReplyDeleteHope you had a good Saturday. I babysat the grands all afternoon. I'm exhausted.
That show is completely unfamiliar to me. I stopped watching regular tv long, long ago. I'm so glad that the gummy bears and unicorns have affirmed your sanity. ☺️ You find the best graphics!
ReplyDeleteI didn't take part because I didn't relate to the questions. I don't think I can relate to Sunday Stealing this week either..so I will do something else.
ReplyDeleteNothing like in law problems to brighten a day huh? I hope you find the best job ever in the perfect place for you.
I've never watched that TV show but I do enjoy Melissa's movies. She is funny. I should look for reruns. Good questions again this week. Have a good week ahead, Linda.
ReplyDeleteI heard of that show but never watched it. I splurge on fresh fruit and veggies right now.
ReplyDeleteWe are talking about getting some beef again. You were smart to get it when you did!
I moved out when I was 21 to live with 2 other girls. We worked at the same company. I had good in laws so no complaint there. Believe it or not, I just started watching Mike and Molly and like it...they are both characters that's for sure. I dont have an IPad and Jim encouraged me to go into nursing. Happy Sunday my friend.
ReplyDelete