Friday, March 6, 2026

Currently TGIF!

 Good morning, taking the day off. Annual blood work at 10:30--yep, heard that right, 10:30. No food, nothing to drink etc. since 9 last night. Crazy. They were overbooked at 6 am (they called to change my time). So, now I wait.

Weather at 6:05 am... 69*, dewpoint 67*, humidity 96%. It has been very humid here. It did rain pretty good last night. It did not cool things off, at all. Sigh here comes summertime. lol

Watched/read...honestly, I cannot even remember...sigh--it was all the usual Fox News shows last night.

Listening to...the husband in the kitchen. He has to go to the eye surgeon to get measurements etc. for his upcoming cataract surgery. We are going in separate directions today. I am going into town, and he is heading down to Summerfield.

So yeah...
So, yeah...you're probably wondering how the meeting went yesterday. Let me break it down:

--no more laughing or having fun. Period.
--we are to be professional at all times.
--lack of being professional will be reflected on upcoming evaluations.
--Two unnamed people who don't improve by June will be gone.
--you will be written up if the end of month reports are incorrect or have a mistake. 
--self-reflection is a must.
--we are to be a kinder and gentler towards each other and the inmates. 
--the bossman is mentally worn down on how some of us simply don't get along etc. Been ordered to get along and act professional. 
--self-reflection, self-reflection, self-reflection.
--D.E.I. (Diversity, Equity, Inclusion) is becoming the norm and one better jump on board.

and that is where it is. And I will be honest; I am just mentally worn down myself. He had a few inmates come yesterday to the office I share and clean and toss out etc. --my office mate is a hoarder. It was really bad, more of a fire hazard really and I take full responsibility for driving the bossman crazy over this--and a reason why he was so livid etc. It took nearly 3 hours to clean, and I had to change locations to teach because of it. My office mate is not happy, not at all. I briefly stepped in yesterday afternoon and it looks and smells so nice now. I did tell the inmates that and thanked them. I did not mind them straightening up my desk and they actually organized it for me. So very thankful. My boss gave them some organizers for my desk etc. Again, I admit driving him crazy for these etc. But I wasn't going to spend my money on this, as I knew there were some in the storage closet.

Thinking...

--not very happy about this morning.

--writing the grocery list.

--of our lunch date later (the husband and I).

--going to get errands done today and rest for the weekend.

The kitchen...some of you asked...and it remains like this:


The paining of the cabinets and the whole kitchen will have to wait, we had an unexpected expense (a burst water pipe which remains unfixed, they are coming back tomorrow). So, that is where that is. Its. all.good.

Did I mention...its


Wishing you all a beautiful day.

11 comments:

  1. I love the blue island! It is warm and humid here in Alabama, too. I wish someone would come and clean and organize my office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your blood work goes smoothly for you, Linda. All I will say about your meeting is that I can't imagine having to deal with that. Glad you were given some help in cleaning out your shared office along with some organizers for your desk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your little blue island in your kitchen. I thought about painting our cabinets but ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a 7:30 AM blood draw in May and they SO better not reshedule it. HA Good luck with yours!
    Things sound better for you at work. Diversity is a good thing. God made all kinds of people and Jesus did tell us to love. We don't have to agree with what someone does, but we as Christ followers ARE commanded to LOVE our neighbor (anyone who is different from us). As for equal pay? i highly doubt i'll ever really see that happen in this nation. I do know as a former prek special ed teacher i made only a quarter of what my husband does in software design and yet there I was trying to change lives and the lives of the families. Sigh. Our nation is so screwed up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy the day off once you get that blood work done.
    I also hope the directives by the boss man get listened to!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have the worst time fasting for any blood work, Linda, so my hat's off to you. I know, too, that working in the environment you do would drive me batty. More power to you and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so thankful to be retired. That's all I'll say about that. Sorry you had to slow down on the kitchen re-do. Good things come to those who wait... or something like that. Sigh. Sending a hug up your way. Hope both of your appointments have good results!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I love the kitchen! I know it's not done, but I can see the improvement and I know you will love it when it's all done!! And I am praying for you and your job situation. It just sounds like such a toxic environment, but I know God is with you and He will carry you through and keep you safe no matter what happens there. He's got you covered. Praying all goes will with the lab work and hubby's eye surgery upcoming. YOU got RAIN last night? Not fair! Not a drop here. We are supposed to get it today, but now nothing is showing on the weather app, so I think we got bypassed AGAIN!!! Crazy!!! I hope you have a peaceful weekend. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Organization is one of my stronger points. Glad your office got the much-needed help you desired.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness, "no fun, no laughter"? Your worklife sounds like the pilot for a sequel to "One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest." Gurl, get an agent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry that things are still so difficult at work. Hope the bloodwork went okay and you get good results.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)