Sunday, March 15, 2026

Sunday Thoughts...

 Good morning. Can't believe its Sunday...


So, someone lost my mojo. Let's see...reverting to the usual topics. 

Sunday Thoughts

Weather-67* cloudy. We are under a weather threat today for severe storms then the temps drop come Monday evening. Highs for Tuesday will only be 60*. Today will be near 90*. Last blitz of winter for two days.

Yesterday-


One of the iconic Villages signs/ cartways/walkways. We found the eye place/center no problem. And since I always forget to take a photo of one of the many Villages cartways/walkways.

from their website. 

Then we went to Traditions Antique Mall in Wildwood a 20,000 sq ft. mall with over 100 vendors. It's one of our favorite places and one can spend literally hours there. It's an ever-changing look around there. The owners are really nice and greet you and say goodbye etc. After that, we stopped at Steak and Shake and got burgers. I did not take photos because we were so hungry and a tired. LOL

A startling discovery--was made by yours truly. I had talked about this over at Myra's. The very fact I will be 59 in a week or two...and I was caught talking to a mirror saying, "Mirror mirror who's not the fairest of them all?" LOL-An elderly gentlemen overheard me and made a comment that I was indeed still fair. LOLOL---y'all, we all suffer from the "doldrums" at times...just saying. I quickly picked myself and allowing myself a break from feeling so blue about being nearly 60. Who would of thunk it I would reach middle age, when did this happen? JUST KEEPING IT REAL. Thank you to that gentleman who made me have a fit of giggles, LOL.

Then-we stopped at Publix on the way home and got the fixin's to make a cheese pizza about 7 pm or so...oh and hubby got Publix chicken wings. Yesterday was PI Day- 3.14. Did you know that? I did mention that to hubby and he goes, "You are just plain weird." LOLOL


and of course these fell in the cart:


What? Don't judge😁. They were BOGFREE. That's all I am saying. LOLOL

Then--I remembered Tuesday is St. Patrick's Day and hung up the wreath.


Soon, come next weekend, the Easter items come out.

Watched-a cute little Hallmark movie last night, "Nelly Knows Mysteries: All Manners of Murder." I don't watch to many Hallmark shows, but this one was cute. I also watched my favorite You Tube Channels:

Kirsten and Joerg


and

Merrydowns


Doing-I really need to do laundry and iron.

Well, that is all I have for this Sunday morning. Wishing you all a beautiful day.


10 comments:

  1. Pizza and cupcakes -- yum! The picture from the antique mall looked fabulous. Wishing you a blessed day, Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had a fun weekend, and how nice of that gentleman to remind you that you are INDEED FAIR!! Good for him, because you are! I have both Easter and St Pat's Day decorations out right now. The green will go away this week and I'll get a little more Easter out! Wishing you a blessed week ahead, and prayers being lifted for Dave's surgery!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post had me chuckling :) I turned 60 this year and had a hard time too. But then I see all of these beautiful women who are much older than me just making the most of their lives and I think what a dummy I am to feel bad about still being alive! Age is just a number :) Have a wonderful Sunday, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no decorations up and probably won't even bother now. I don't do "Easter" decor but will put up some Spring decorations that will stay up till memorial day. Well my friend, I hope you enjoy the rest of Sunday and have a fantastic week. May you find safety as you commute and calmness in the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOH festive cupcakes! hard to resist with the BOGO. SCORE!

    I had pizza this last week too!
    Yesterday for Pi day (our oldest is a Math geek although she spent the day with bf and after he picked her up at her apt they went off for a 2 hour drive to Bridgeport CT to see Brandon Lake in concert!) I picked up a cherry pie from The Fresh Market. SO good. I've already had THREE pieces. The diet from sugar starts tomorrow hahah

    HAPPY SUNDAY!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, to be 60 again! How sweet of that older gentleman to give you a well-deserved compliment, Linda. Glad you had such a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very familiar with those Villages overpasses...having living in Summerfield for several years and I used to do some shopping in The Villages, but I'm afraid it's gotten way too big for me now. I wouldn't even want to attempt to drive through there anymore. I remember when that whole area was nothing but cow pastures and orange groves, and we couldn't imagine why anyone would want to build houses way out there in the boonies! LOL. I wish it was still that way. I know I've been to that Traditions place in Wildwood, but I don't remember it being that big either...I guess it's been almost 15 years ago now! Amazing how time flies.
    Yes, I remembered that yestereday was Pi day, but we didn't have an Pie. We did have pizza on Friday night, but that was the 13th, not the 14th, so I guess it doesn't count. That gentleman was certainly a sweetheart! And yes, you are still quite fair! I know, Benton will be turning 55 this year and we tease him about being able to order off the senior's menu then! LOL. But that does make ME feel old! He's my firstborn! How can he be that old? And our baby Scott will be 49 this week!!! That blows my mind. Praying for you and Dave this week. Keep us posted on how things go. (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. The storms are moving through right now. Our temps will be down in the teens one last time starting tonight into Monday. The high tomorrow is supposed to be 30. I guess I will wear the winter coat one more time. Other than that it has been a beautiful weekend here in Missouri. Hope you have a great week Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't realize the Villages had so much GOOD stuff! (Is that a siren's call I'm hearing? "Come a little bit closer ....")
    I love how that 'older' man spoke up and lifted your spirits. I'm thinking he was flirting with you. Was Dave nearby?
    Thanks for always lifting mine --spirits, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhh, to be 'only' 60 again! Today I am 76. Last year, 75 wasn't hard, but 76 gives me pause. I could have been your babysitter!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)