Good morning, first I want to say a Happy Birthday to my husband.
60 years old! We have known each other for 45 years now. He was 15 and I was 14...where have the years gone? No celebrations etc. as he is getting his eye done today/this morning. That man made a big pot of homemade chicken noodle soup yesterday and we will continue to eat that. I might stop and get some rolls or something to go with it. Anyways, happy birthday.
you know, I am just done with a couple of things...
---done with this chilly weather. The last couple of days have been somewhat miserable. Tuesday's wind was something else. I just couldn't get warm. Yesterday it did warm up to like 70 and it was nice. I see it will really warm up this weekend back to normal temps.
---done with the unprofessional doctor/provider who kept me waiting for an hour and I ended up rescheduling (just so they couldn't say I left) and will reschedule with another provider in the same building today. I am just done. D.O.N.E. I was so flipping angry yesterday; I almost lost it. Was going to start 'tossing tables'😁...just keeping it real.
Made me sad that I missed lunch with some fellow friends/bloggers who came into Ocala yesterday...one day we shall meet up. I do hope you got to see our lovely downtown while here. Because the good Lord knows, Cracker Barrel out there on St Rd. 200/I 75 is not very pretty, LOL. It's very touristy, it used to be called Hospitality Row. Our traffic is a nightmare. Ugh.
💕Wishing you all a beautiful day. I really need to get going.🌴



Oh, I thought yesterday was Dave's eye surgery! I guess I was confused. But happy birthday to him today! And yes, you are right about the traffic out there on 200 and I-75 and all of the roads. We drove down on 301/441 until we got close, and then too, 75 to the exit for 200 because hubby didn't want to drive on 200 even worse than driving on 75, but getting back on to 75 from Cracker Barrel required a long drive down 200 and a u-turn in so much traffic...I can't believe how bad it was out there! My sympathies to you for dealing with that every day!!! Praying for Dave and you today. We missed you. Next time!!!!
ReplyDeleteLinda, aren't you amazed at how we can be fined for not showing up to an appointment, but a doc can keep you waiting for an hour with no apology or accountability? I remember when my kids were little and I got a babysitter so I could go to a scheduled appointment. I waited and waited, only to be told that the doc had to go take care of an emergency. Very frustrating. Well, I hope you have a good day! This weather has brought on some allergies that I can't kick. Bleh.
ReplyDeleteThinking of and praying for you both today as Dave has his eye surgery. Happy birthday wishes to him as well! I am sorry about the doctor, the wait, and you rescheduling. I think you are wise to reschedule with another provider. If I am remembering correctly, the current one you haven't cared for since you started with them.
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to you man! Time does fly! Hope all goes well with the eye, and chicken soup sounds delicious about now!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Dave!!! Let us know how his eye surgery goes, Linda. Blessings!
ReplyDeleteLinda, Happy birthday to your husband.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad I no longer have to deal with traffic anymore. I love living in a more rural community where the closest big city is three hours away! We have everything we need right here. Praying for your husband's surgery and a wonderful relaxing weekend.
Happy birthday to Dave and praying for a successful eye surgery today! I'm sorry you had to miss the lunch, too. There will be another time, I'm sure!! I just changed doctors a few months ago and am happier with my new primary. Sometimes you just have to do what you have to do! Sending a hug for you and for Dave!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Dave! Praying the surgery goes well.
ReplyDeleteWe missed you yesterday, had a lovely time together and the only thing that would have been better would have been you being there!
Happy Birthday Dave! And prayers for a good surgery. I wish I could have joined in the luncheon too but health issues make it difficult for me to travel too far anymore. Anyway, sorry I've been MIA. Just haven't been "feeling it", if you know what I mean. Miss you. Love you both. Stay well.
ReplyDeleteI tell my self (and I actually said this to an idiot neurologist in 2023) that Doctors work for us, we don't work for them. That helps me. Thankfully my primary doc a wonderful female NP, never keeps me waiting more than 5 min ( I have had 3 physicals with her and 2 other appointments) and she spends 30-40 min with each patient. She is truly amazing. If i'm at a specialist doc and have been waiting more than 15 min, I simply walk up to the receptionist (I used todo this ALL the time with my ob/gyn) and say" i see the doctor is running late". How about I leave and you can text me or call me when she's finally able to see me?" almost each time, I was then called in right away! true story. Now, if I'm to see a specialist, I call ahead and ask "is the doctor running on time? my appt is at 2 pm so should I show up about 1:55 or 2:10?" one secretary actually gasped out loud when I asked that so I reminded her, You know..because the doctor is working for ME and I don't want to waste my time waiting if he's running late'. HAHAHA I'm serious. I do this ALL the time. Never have to for my primary though nor my dentist. Try it and see what happens!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to your hubby.
I'll bet your temps are nicer than ours!!
Happy Birthday to Dave! I hope by now he's already seeing a "whole new world" and ready to indulge in that homemade soup. Is there anything better?
ReplyDeleteHappy birthday to your husband and hope the eye surgery went well.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda. Happy Birthday to your hubby. I hope his surgery went well. I was wondering why you weren't in the picture for the blogger meet-up in Ocala. Hope you can be there next time! When I retire, my hubby and I are seriously planning a blogger meet-up trip and Ocala will definitely be one of our stops! Let us know how the surgery went. Have a good weekend!
ReplyDelete