Good morning. Joining in on the Hodgepodge.
Birthday party, beach party, cocktail party, dinner party, charity fundraiser, surprise party, costume party, garden party, Christmas party, reunion...what's your favorite kind of party? beach party, cocktail party, dinner party, or probably, "Just meet me somewhere".
2. Cheese, wine, and balsamic vinegar all improve with age. What would you personally add to the list?
Hmm...gotta think on that one.
3. How do you feel about your birthday? Nope, no thank you...LOL How do you want to be celebrated? Or don't you? Nope, I prefer to celebrate other folks. And I want to be remembered as a Christian, good mom and wife who spoketh the truth, period.
4. What remarkable feat, interesting piece of trivia, or historical event occurred on your birth day and month? Not necessarily your same birth year, just the same date/month. From the internet:
5. Share two good things about your life right now.
My husband and the fact we have kept a house over our heads, no matter how expensive things (utilities, insurances etc.) have gotten. So, yeah, all in all, things are good. I probably should say having a job that keeps those things from going sideways LOL.
6. Insert your own random thought here.




I love the quote at the end! I love my birthday, but love celebrating others especially. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteLinda, I am the same! My 60th is coming up and I just want to be with my husband and kids/babies and have good food and yummy desserts. I hate surprises and I'm awkward at accepting gifts. I don't like being in the spotlight :)
ReplyDeleteOh man! I logged in to see your story about the urine and lack thereof HA! Cool questions today but I'm gonna pass on playing along.
ReplyDeleteI'm a wall flower (because noise overwhelms). Yes, we definitely need more prayer warriors.
ReplyDeleteI'd be more of a wallflower too - hanging out with you! I prefer smaller gatherings and no surprise parties for me! (But I'll gladly go to them for other people)
ReplyDeleteI love what you want to be remembered for - and I think you will.
Being celebrated just sounds a bit narcissistic and cringy to me. I’m kind of shy that way -
ReplyDelete#5 Good for you!
Have a blessed week, Linda.
Praying should always be the first line of defense and offense. Blessings, Linda!
ReplyDeleteWhen we pray according to God's will, we KNOW He will answer. That answer may not come in the timing nor in the form we'd prefer, but He does answer and that's what we really want. Yes, we need to pray more.
ReplyDeleteI would not call you a wallflower, Linda!! Yes to needing Prayer Warriers!! Sending a hug and some love! xo
ReplyDeleteFor years I was expected to attend work-related "parties" and "mingle" -- ugh. Meet me somewhere works for me, every time. No expectations or artificial chatter.
ReplyDeleteHi Linda, I love how your husband is so supportive of you! We are experiencing some humidity that we normally don't get. I don't know how you can stand the whole summer with high humidity. We finally got our AC in and the next day our water heater went out. Now we are all set to go for at least 10 more year. I like that song, Happy Together. I was in 7th grade when it came out.
ReplyDeleteOooh I like the "just meet me somewhere". I love your pumpkin spice latte graphic. So cute.
ReplyDeleteThe only things I remember from your birth date in 1967 are the two songs they listed. Everying else must've slipped right past me, but I was 16 going 17, a junior in High school when you were born. I had things like "boys" and school and all that kind of stuff on my mind. LOL. I really can't imagine you as a wall flower. That just doesn't fit my perception of you, and I've met you in person. And yes, we do need more prayer warriors. This world is in such a mess, and really prayer is the ONLY answer for the world today. Well, I should say JESUS is the only answer...but you know what I mean. And yes, you will be remembered for all those good things. You are a blessing to us. Have a good rest of your week. I'm kind of behind in reading as usual.
ReplyDelete