Wednesday, May 14, 2025

Hodgepodging...

 I am trying to get caught up on the week's memes, so I am pre posting this on Sunday. 


1. What's something you're curious about right now?

Hmm...not much. Really...

2. If you could plan the perfect girl's weekend getaway, where would you go and what would be on the agenda? Girl's weekend? I don't want to offend anyone, but IF I were to plan a girl's weekend, it definitely would be a hotel or house big enough for each to have their own space. Hence why I told the boss I would NOT share a room with a coworker for the conference for a week. I sure would like to stick my tongue out and act like a child on this and or go, "Nah, nah you can't make me." I am fully aware of the consequences of me telling him no, which has left me with such profound sadness. Do you have anything like this on your calendar in the next few months? Nope...just with the husband, which is my best friend.

3. What's the most unique item in your refrigerator right now? Hmm...unique? Probably


I have been eating PBJ sandwiches. Let's see, I like Blackberry and Apricot, not mixed. One or the other.

4. In this season of your life, what do you find most challenging? 

Hmm...most challenging? Not sure. People who constantly lie or stir the proverbial pot.

5. Do you collect anything? If so why that? 

old photo but still have it all. All but one piece survived the trip back to Florida.


Green Uranium Depression Glass. I got a problem, and I told hubby enough, I am done...no one to pass it on too, so I am going to very soon pack it up and take it to the Antique Mall and put it on consignment. I have well over 1,000 pieces and sets and some rare items in that as well.

Insert your own random thought here.


Have a great day all.

13 comments:

  1. Apricot and current were my mother's favorite jams. I like blackberry and peach a lot and tomato jam.. yum. I shared a room with my grandmother u ntil I was 14.. i like being by myself in my room now. Your uranium glass collection is incredible! There is a YouTuber called My Great Challenge who collects it as well. I hope it all works out for the conference to your benefit. Sending hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hutch or display piece with your collection is a beauty, Linda. I still can't fathom that they are telling you that you will be sharing a room with a co-worker. Even stingy FCPS didn't do that unless it was mutually agreed upon. I hope you have a smooth day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you on a girls trip, I would want my own room too. Unless I'm with my sisters, I could share with them!
    Hard to pack up that depression glass I know... We've been cleaning out things we've saved and have been getting rid of things too. Our kids either don't have space for things or aren't into what we are into so it's crazy to hang on to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linda, I don't share rooms either. I've been to a few conferences and have sucked up the extra cost so I could have my own space. I am not even comfortable sharing with my sisters. Patti snores and Tammy smokes. Sorry!! So stick to your guns and I hope there won't be bad repercussions. Sending a hug!! Did you see my Mayfaire post? Missed you!! Maybe next year! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m with you on the Girl’s Getaway. I’d rather be with my husband and anyway, after my 2 best friends past I am not interested.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's quite a collection, Linda. I'm sure it would sell easily. Have a great rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Girl...I am with you..I don't want to share a room with anyone but Sam. I like things the way I like them beginning with the thermostat and the time that I want to go to sleep. I'm glad that you told your boss NO. You sure have a beautiful collection of the green Uranium depression glass. Probably the most unusual thing in our ref today is Sam's meds. Have a good rest of the week...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda. You have a great collection of depression glass. I hope you can "clean up" when you decide to sell it. I get that work troubles can cause sadness. I am living in that world right now too, and may end up retiring a year before I had planned to just due to drama. I hope you are having a good week. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally 'get' you on not wanting to share a room. Once someone's over 13 years old, that buddy arrangement sounds totally absurd.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The most unique item in my refrigerator is our collection of batteries. Hubs says they last longer when refrigerated.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a incredible collection of depression glass!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't blame you for not wanting to share a room! Who does that anymore? You have a beautiful collections! So many pieces. I have never been big on "girl getaways". I'd rather go some place with Dan. I hope your week has been going well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OH! I hope that it is possible to meet you when I come to Florida. If we have the time, you know how house hunting is in a short window, I'll check in with you. Hopefully we will be snowbirds this year!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)