Monday, May 26, 2025

Things I can do and not do...

 Good morning, I saw this over at Billie Jo's lovely blog and thought I would join in. First,


Things I can do...

*Eat the exact thing for lunch, every.single.day. 

**Get up the same time every single weekday without the alarm. Every.single.day at 3 am. Why? Because I have to leave the house by 5:30 am.

***I can make a mean (aka good) potato salad and lasagna.

****I can be lazy and not do anything. Yesterday being the prime example-I watched a marathon of a new to me YouTube channel: Kirsten and Joerg.

***** I can eat 2 hamburgers. Yep, being a piggy hippo. lol

******I can change sparkplugs and oil in a vehicle.

Things I can't do...

* Do tattoos on a female; this tattoo phenomenon is just why? 

**Leave the house without makeup and hair done. Sorry, no one wants to see all this without it, LOL.

*** Be around people who smoke. Period, thanks to asthma.

****Sleep without a ceiling fan and or a regular fan on me.

***** Eat shrimp or almonds; I am highly allergic to it. 

****** Be in the humidity and sun, thanks to being on a blood pressure pill.


We have friends coming over today for a BBQ (hamburgers and hotdogs). So, that is about it. Thank you all for the lovely thoughts yesterday. It truly means a lot to me. Wishing you all a beautiful day.

18 comments:

  1. This was fun to read what you can and can't do, Linda. I could probably eat two burgers if that is all I ate for that meal. I don't understand or get the trend with these tattoo "sleeves" and body piercings with women. Just nope! I hope you enjoy your barbecue with your friends later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was fun to read. I don't get tattoos either. I have seen what they look like when people get old - it's even worse!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda. I'm totally with you on the whole tattoo thing. I don't have one, don't want one. So many teachers at the school where I teach have made themselves look like some kind of old-time circus freak with all their tattoos. I just think it's weird and ugly. I'm glad you are having friends over for a BBQ today. Have a good day. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't get tattoos either, on men or women. But that's just me. This was a fun exercise for the brain. Have fun with your friends today!! A hotdog sounds really good for some reason. The HOA has the meat for today's potluck and I imagine it will be hamburgers and hotdogs. God bless the USA and all who sacrificed their lives for this great country!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was fun. I'm sick of the trampy tat's & weird hair culture. I'll be glad when it's not fashionable anymore. We're working around here today. Got things that need to be done. Hope your Memorial Day is relaxing. Love. 🇺🇸

    ReplyDelete
  6. We get up every day (all days of the week) at the same time (within 15 minutes). Nature calls one of us very regularly and so that starts our day. But getting up as early as you do, that's amazing!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don’t care if someone has a tattoo - it’s their choice but I don’t get it either. They’re expensive and it hurts.
    I have ceiling fans and box fans all over my house and can’t sleep without a fan on. I also hate cigarette smoke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello! So glad you did this! I mean, I have known you forever here, but I learned new things! Agree with being around people who smoke! I can't. I just can't with the smell. We are the same about lunch. And we are the same about getting up at the same time without an alarm. Although, you are a bit earlier than I!!! Have a wonderful day. Enjoy the cookout!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read you each post, though I seldom comment. I am right there with you about clothes and makeup before going out. I think it is a mostly southern thing though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wishing you a wonderful, relaxing day, Linda. I know they are few and far between for you. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you are having a good time with your friends. I saw where you are using your good green dishes. I hope you have a great time and enjoy entertaining in your home. Sorry it is so hot! I was hoping it would rain today, but I do think rain is coming tomorrow and the rest of the week. I pray so. I agree with most of your can and can't do things, but I can't change the spark plugs or the oil in our car. That's something I refuse to do as long as there are men around or those places that can do them in a jiffy for a fee. And I don't think I can manage to eat two hamburgers, especially if there's other side dishes I want to eat even more. LOL. But I can eat one hot dog and one hamburger. LOL. Sending you (((hugs))) today. Thank you for your sweet comment on my post. We share that bond regarding our sons. (((hugs))) again. Love to you today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed your answers here! I have a few differences - I can easily go out without makeup but I do manage to comb my hair first. I love shrimp. I'd hate being allergic to it. Kudos for you changing your spark plugs. I can check my oil but that's about it. I also get up every morning at the same time. My alarm? My cat!

    ReplyDelete
  13. 100% with you on tatooes ... I want to grab a wet washcloth and bar of soap. (lol) Being a carnivore, I can totally eat two burgers (sans buns). Three, perhaps!
    This is such a fun exercise; I want to do it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This was fun, I also visited (for the first time) Billie Jo's to see her list of "things"! I just might give it a try at my place! Hope your BBQ was enjoyed by all.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have one tattoo on my arm. It was a fund raiser for "Cancer Sucks". It is in honor of my Mama who battled the disease courageously! I don't regret getting it but I probably won't get anymore. It won't look bad when I get old because I was old when I got it! LoL

    Grace & Peace,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can't sleep without white noise! I don't have a tattoo, but I have thought about it - but it would be somewhere discreet. My daughter and daughter-in-law both have a couple but they are small and discreet.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have a small plumeria flower on my ankle that I got while in Hawaii in 2012. It reminds me of dad. I gave a lot of thought about it and even wrote about it at by website. I can't be around cigarette smoke either because of allergies. We all sleep with fans on. We even took some small ones on our cruise. I don't wear much makeup anyways and I usually don't wear it unless I am going to church. I use a lip gloss all the time when I am out. I hope you had a nice time with your friends!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am behind on my commenting...Hope your company and burgers were fabulous....I have several can do's and can't do's similar to yours. One being the tattoos and another being the cig smoke for the can't do's.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for visiting, wishing you a lovely day.

Followers

Labels

Link Party (694) Randomness (599)